Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212905 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »

Aerosmith frontmen dish on ?the bump?

What really happened that night in Toronto, when the floppy-hatted frontman was toppled off the catwalk by the hip-checking guitarist?

Tyler: I had bumped into Joe. I kind of strafe him ? that?s what we do night after night. We?ve done it for 40 years. In return, he gave me a hit that I feel was a bit out of place. Facing forward, I was able to jump off and grab peoples? shoulders, and it was fine. I got right back up. I don?t know what he was thinking. He?s Joe Perry.

Perry: If you watch the film, he backed into me hard. And I was also standing on the edge. All I did was brush against him. Basically he had a choice: He could have kept his balance and not gone into the audience, or he could have dropped in, which he did. None of it was planned ? it?s a contact sport. The week before, he hit me over the head with a mic stand. But did you read anything about that?

The Tyler-Perry collision artist's conception: http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00858/rv-aerosmith-graphi_858661a.jpg Cheesy

The rest of the interview here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/aerosmith-frontmen-dish-on-the-bump/article1695343/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »

These guys have become a three ring circus act.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #722 on: September 07, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »

^^Yeah, and here they go again.

PERRY: I'm Not Going To Sit Around For Two Years Waiting For TYLER To Come Back To AEROSMITH - Sep. 7, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145630

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #723 on: September 07, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »

^^Yeah, and here they go again.

PERRY: I'm Not Going To Sit Around For Two Years Waiting For TYLER To Come Back To AEROSMITH - Sep. 7, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145630

What is this, some sort of time warp? confused

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #724 on: September 09, 2010, 07:19:35 PM »

Just break up Aerosmith and retire. You all have enough money, youve got nothing more to offer us creatively, your live shows certainly are a far cry from the Aerosmith of the old.

You have earnt the respect of millions of rock fans from all sorts of backgrounds, its time to retire n leave the name untarnished.

html sucks
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #725 on: September 09, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »

^ I agree. It's time to call it quits. Perhaps one more album if they can stop bickering long enough. I hope they don't end up like the Rolling Stones. Those guys are what, like in their 70's? Keith Richards face is like a dried prune that's about to cave in on itself. I hope Aerosmith doesn't go that route.

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »

^ I agree. It's time to call it quits. Perhaps one more album if they can stop bickering long enough. I hope they don't end up like the Rolling Stones. Those guys are what, like in their 70's? Keith Richards face is like a dried prune that's about to cave in on itself. I hope Aerosmith doesn't go that route.

Not quite that old lol. They're in their 60s.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2010, 01:13:11 AM »

What does Keith's face have to do with this thread? I'm sure your gramma's face looks like that also.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #728 on: September 10, 2010, 01:31:18 AM »

What does Keith's face have to do with this thread? I'm sure your gramma's face looks like that also.

Sure it does, but she doesn't get on stage, play guitar and pretend she's 20.

I just want to clarify, I like the Rolling Stones, but I think every artist should quit while they are ahead. I'm sure there will be people interested in seeing them live even if they are 80, but after a certain point it doesn't make sense and you become a joke. It's not like they need the money anyway.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:40:45 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #729 on: September 10, 2010, 08:28:17 AM »

There is a point before it becomes lame.

I wish Aerosmith, The Stones and all those guys could be in there youth forever rocking us.

Unfortunately they are old men now, usually reunions happen while bands are in there 40s maximum, and then they split.

The performances they do now are shadows of what they used to be.

I mean look at KISS, what a joke, Paul Stanley is all fat n old, n hes wearing spandex still for funkssake!

Motley Crue, Mick Mars is so fucked up the guy can hardly move,Vince was never good at singing but now hes just pathetic!!!

Non of these artists have given us great new albums for a good 20 years. Its time to call it quits rather than giving substandard performances.

html sucks
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #730 on: September 10, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »

I'm sure your gramma's face looks like that also.

LOL! hihi

There is a point before it becomes lame.

I wish Aerosmith, The Stones and all those guys could be in there youth forever rocking us.

Unfortunately they are old men now, usually reunions happen while bands are in there 40s maximum, and then they split.

The performances they do now are shadows of what they used to be.

I mean look at KISS, what a joke, Paul Stanley is all fat n old, n hes wearing spandex still for funkssake!

Motley Crue, Mick Mars is so fucked up the guy can hardly move,Vince was never good at singing but now hes just pathetic!!!

Non of these artists have given us great new albums for a good 20 years. Its time to call it quits rather than giving substandard performances.

I disagree, keep going. People age, just live with that. peace

It's like asking women to stop working as waitresses when hty hit their 30's...like wtf, keep rocking! peace

Everyone gets old, and I don't think Vince or anyone is pathethic, just...older.

Nazareth keeps going-
-music and entertainment is not just for the youth, and youth is not all either. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #731 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »

I say as long as they still love doing it and are having fun and still making new music why not? I mean look at it this way, how many people can say they do the job they love their whole lives?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #732 on: September 10, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »

I say as long as they still love doing it and are having fun and still making new music why not? I mean look at it this way, how many people can say they do the job they love their whole lives?

This is the correct answer. It doesn't matter how old they are, if they still love what they are doing and people still want to see them perform then what is the problem?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #733 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »

This is the correct answer. It doesn't matter how old they are, if they still love what they are doing and people still want to see them perform then what is the problem?

Exactly, of course there is no denying the stones aren't as good live anymore. Keith screws up a lot. But they obviously still love what they do and enjoy it. So let them and Aerosmith or any other band do the job they love their whole lives.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »

no one should ever tell someone else when to stop doing what they love.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »

In aerosmiths case....

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #736 on: September 19, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »

From Joe Perry:

Guitarist Joe Perry claims there's plenty of life left in Aerosmith

But singer Steven Tyler's new gig hints that band's tour date here may be last ever

September 15, 2010

"I still think there's a lot of life in us." Perry says. "The last two to four years have been crazy. We need a break."

"I'm not the greatest guitarist in the world. Joey isn't the greatest drummer and Steven isn't the greatest singer, but when we get together something special happens."

"It's ironic that we finish in Vancouver," Perry believes. "It's one of the top five places I love. We did two albums there. My kids went to school there. We almost had another kid there. I know the city almost as well as I know Boston.

"We really have a warm, special feeling for Vancouver. It's just an amazing vibe there."

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/Guitarist+Perry+claims+there+plenty+life+left+Aerosmith/3520847/story.html

From a review of the show:

Tyler even walked over to his bandmate during these solos to give him a pat on the back or to grind beside him.

At one point Tyler put his arm around Perry. Perry wasn't completely amused, but he went along with it.

The group has owned the stage for the past 40 years. To split it up now would be a shame. But should Tyler and the rest of Aerosmith go their own way, the Vancouver audience was bestowed with the opportunity to witness to a historical concert. Aerosmith made darn sure they were living it up before going down.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Aerosmith+Liven+Rogers+Arena/3536773/story.html#ixzz100hpSWCC

Some videos from Vancouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z18wYWJqyZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zp9Rt_zPKs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4R5YBw0pbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7TIBTIU1Nw

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #737 on: September 22, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »

Steven Tyler is going to be a judge.  Here is video of him at the announcement:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/21/live-american-idol-announces-new-judges-jennifer-lopez-steven-tyler-randy-jackson/

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #738 on: September 23, 2010, 01:30:29 AM »

Steven Tyler is going to be a judge.

OMG. nervous

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #739 on: September 23, 2010, 01:45:27 AM »

Steven Tyler is going to be a judge.

OMG. nervous

Yeah, and....

'Idol' Judge Steven Tyler -- Aerosmith Jealous of Me

Steven Tyler claims his Aerosmith bandmates were "jealous" when he became an "American Idol" judge ... interesting, considering Joe Perry recently slammed Tyler for getting involved with the show.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/22/steven-tyler-american-idol-judge-aerosmith-joe-perry-video/

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: