Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy  (Read 19844 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2006, 05:12:36 AM »

How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy?

Know one really knows and more than one for sure? ok
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2006, 06:47:53 AM »

I would guess that Finck, Fortus and Bucket are definates and will appear on all tracks (perhaps exclude Bucket from the Blues). I would then think it's possible Paul Tobias is on a track or 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not, the only other likely one is Brian May who may be on a track as a guest. So my guess is a minimum of 3 guitarists and the max between 5-6.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
AtariLegend
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2006, 06:55:19 AM »

Maybe Axl laid down some vocals to music laid down by Zack Wylde
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:45:15 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2006, 06:56:36 AM »

I said this months ago, but I'll say it again: I think a large prtion of the guitar work on CD will be from Finck, Buckethead, and Paul Huge, with minor contributions from Fortus. Of course with the possibility of Brian May(or someone else) being on a track or two.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2006, 08:45:18 AM »

I said this months ago, but I'll say it again: I think a large prtion of the guitar work on CD will be from Finck, Buckethead, and Paul Huge, with minor contributions from Fortus. Of course with the possibility of Brian May(or someone else) being on a track or two.

yeah i forgot about you saying that...just cuz Fortus is the current tour man has recorded we assume that he is gonna be a major part of the album...but it doesn't have to be the case. Here is the email richard sent regarding his recording sessions...

"Hi ******,
Thanks for writing.? Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.? There are
still some last minute details that are being recorded.
The record
should be out in early '06 and a tour will follow.? Don't give up on
us, it will be worth the wait.
richard

the word details doesn't exactly strike me as major recording of full songs Undecided and then there is this which pretty much shows James has hit the nail on the head with his assumption i think

2. Not much of my writing style has been included on the new Gn'R as
most of the songs had been written before I was in the band.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2006, 09:11:37 AM »

Also, when IRS originally leaked, Fortus knew nothing about the song.

To be honest, I would not be shocked if Huge was still in the band, but just isn't a touring member of the band.

Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2006, 09:22:28 AM »

To be honest, I would not be shocked if Huge was still in the band, but just isn't a touring member of the band.

I would be shocked if this was the case.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2006, 09:24:35 AM »

why? paul is apparently a very close freind and confidante of axl...why would his continued involvement be a surprise?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:57 AM »

Why the shock? Huge was never fired from the band. He was reluctant to tour, so Fortus was brought in. I would be more shocked if Fortus was on the record then I would be if Huge was on the record. We know that a good sized portion of material was recorded with huge. Only thing we know that Fortus was involved in recording is some interludes. All signs point in the direction of Huge being a bigger contributor to CD. I dont understand why certain people are so against that.

Remember when the demos leaked and people were saying how Fortus "owned" the songs? On the Trunk interview, Axl said something like"They think they know who's on those songs, but they dont have a clue"(I'm paraphrasing).

Who do you think he was referring to when he made those comments?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2006, 09:35:57 AM »

yeah i forgot about you saying that...just cuz Fortus is the current tour man has recorded we assume that he is gonna be a major part of the album...but it doesn't have to be the case. Here is the email richard sent regarding his recording sessions...

"Hi ******,
Thanks for writing.  Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.  There are
still some last minute details that are being recorded.
The record
should be out in early '06 and a tour will follow.  Don't give up on
us, it will be worth the wait.
richard

the word details doesn't exactly strike me as major recording of full songs Undecided and then there is this which pretty much shows James has hit the nail on the head with his assumption i think

2. Not much of my writing style has been included on the new Gn'R as
most of the songs had been written before I was in the band.

by details, I'm sure he doesnt mean his guitar. By now, Richard has been in the band for 4 years. He is gonna be on all the songs. Why the fuck would he stick around for 4 years to just play Paul's parts. Thats just ridiculous. Listen to the '99 version of I.R.S then listen to the leaked one, you can defintely tell thats Fortus' guitar and not Paul's.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »

Why the shock? Huge was never fired from the band. He was reluctant to tour, so Fortus was brought in. I would be more shocked if Fortus was on the record then I would be if Huge was on the record. We know that a good sized portion of material was recorded with huge. Only thing we know that Fortus was involved in recording is some interludes. All signs point in the direction of Huge being a bigger contributor to CD. I dont understand why certain people are so against that.

Remember when the demos leaked and people were saying how Fortus "owned" the songs? On the Trunk interview, Axl said something like"They think they know who's on those songs, but they dont have a clue"(I'm paraphrasing).

Who do you think he was referring to when he made those comments?

He was probably referring to Slash since the rumour was that he was back in the band around that time.  He was talking about how some people didnt like certain members that were in the band (Robin), so they would say that someone else was playing on the song. Probably talking about Slash.

Rembember, Robin wasnt very popular among the fanbase until this recent tour.
BassLikeHot
Banned
Opening Act

U - Think - U - But - U

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2006, 09:38:28 AM »

Richard says: The record
should be out in early '06

Shocked rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2006, 09:39:49 AM »

You're grasping at straws if you think he was referring to Slash. Roll Eyes Not one person on this earth ever said Slash "owned" those Chinese Democracy demos.

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2006, 09:42:45 AM »

I bet the only answer that can be true is.

More than 1

If you dont like me, blow me!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2006, 09:44:40 AM »

yeah i doubt very much he was referrig to slash...i think it was more directed at people (like me) who didn;t care for Robin but loved Better, which axl has said is a Robin song...

we can't claim eto know how old the songs are or who is on them cuz we have no friggin clue until we see the liner notes

and that email is from the time when he went in and recorded...of course he's talking about his sessions...fills and what no most likely to suit Axl's vocals and stuff

@ BassLikeHot....i knew somebody would post what you typed Roll Eyes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »

Listen to the '99 version of I.R.S then listen to the leaked one, you can defintely tell thats Fortus' guitar and not Paul's.
Apparently, you missed this....
when IRS originally leaked, Fortus knew nothing about the song.

mr_gonella
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »

"Official" guitar players (will play on all the record):
Robin Finck (Lead and Rythm guitar)
Richard Fortus (Lead and Rythm guitar)

Additional musicians, special guest (will just appear on a couple of tracks):
Buckethead, Brian May.

Other Credits (won't appear on the album): AS HE DID WITH MATT SORUM in UYI
Bumblefoot.

OUT - Paul Tobias and Maybe Garry Sunshine
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2006, 09:46:42 AM »

Here is what Axl said on the press release in August of 2002:

"Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we?ll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he?s already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album.?

That was back when he first joined the band, if you think that he hasnt done more since then and is just playing Paul's parts live, then your just ridiculous. It would be a waste of both talent and time if he were to do that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:49:46 AM by ChineseTwAt » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »

Listen to the '99 version of I.R.S then listen to the leaked one, you can defintely tell thats Fortus' guitar and not Paul's.
Apparently, you missed this....
when IRS originally leaked, Fortus knew nothing about the song.

Actually I didnt miss that. Obviously hes gonna say that when someone emails him when it was said that the song was played on the Trunk show and no one had any evidence. So he was just trying to shoot it down.

Remember the Trunk leak came like 2 years after it happened.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 09:54:57 AM »

You're grasping at straws if you think he was referring to Slash. Roll Eyes Not one person on this earth ever said Slash "owned" those Chinese Democracy demos.

Well, I remember all the rumours from around the time of the Trunk show. People were saying Velvet Revolver has been broken up since late '05 and Slash has been back in Guns since then and he has recorded parts for Chinese Democracy. Thats how he's heard the album. Slash was supposed to be at Rio and all that shit. Those were all the rumours flying around at that time.

I never said he was on those demos. Those demos are from 4 years ago. If Slash were to be on CD like everyone was saying, we wouldnt have heard it from those demos.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:56:42 AM by ChineseTwAt » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: