Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy  (Read 19847 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2006, 10:14:41 AM »

Buckethead's been out of the band for 2 years now, hasn't he? ?Plenty of time to redo the songs/solos.

Anyway, it's just my guess he's not on it.

That's what I think too. I hope they've kicked the Bucket out of most of the songs.

In another post from this topic, someone said Duff was there when they started working on 'Oh My God' ?

I never knew that ... Can anybody confirm or deny that ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »

Buckethead's been out of the band for 2 years now, hasn't he? ?Plenty of time to redo the songs/solos.

Anyway, it's just my guess he's not on it.

That's what I think too. I hope they've kicked the Bucket out of most of the songs.

In another post from this topic, someone said Duff was there when they started working on 'Oh My God' ?

I never knew that ... Can anybody confirm or deny that ?

Duff quit in 1997 after Finck and Vrenna were doing stuff...Duff on the subject in 1999

I left Guns N? Roses because the band didn?t correspond to me anymore. What?s left of the band has nothing to do with what we had created.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:30 AM »

i aslo have the feeling that we won't hear Buckethead on CD
I wouldn't be surprised if they redid his parts

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:03 PM »

I'm gonna quote myself from ROV because I'm too lazy to type another response...

I can't fathom what sense it makes to include Buckethead on the album.  He's been out of the band forever.  It'd be like putting Tracii Guns on Appetite For Destruction.

And of course, Buckethead is talented and would make the album unbelievable, but to me it doesn't make sense to put him on there.  I'm of the opinion that Ron may have re-recorded Bucket's parts.  I have a hunch he's been in the band ever since the rumours flew almost 3 years ago.  Not to discredit anyone in GNR, but they really haven't provided straight information on Chinese Democracy, or anything else for that matter, so I take what they say with a grain of salt.  I'm not going to pick and choose who I believe in the band.  Instead, I'm going by what makes the most sense to me.  And what makes sense to me is that Buckethead's parts are long gone (the melodies may remain, and he might get writing credits for some guitar parts, but as for his guitar itself, I think it's gone).  Also, I think that Axl would be smart enough to keep Buckethead's parts off the album (unless credit and compensation is given) to avoid any legal complications that could result from the Buckethead camp.

The only one I'll say with 95% confidence is that Robin Finck's guitar will be on this album.  It's really going to be something to get to read those liner notes to find out everything.

\backslash

GNRevolution... the missing link.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 01:33:28 PM »

It's odd that for some people it's either buckethead or bumblefoot, either bumblefoot or buckethead.... you guys are out of context. you always forget the two most important ones: The 2 RF. If (I say if) someone recorded the Buckethead parts, it's either Richard, or Robin or both.
I mean... why Bumblefoot would lie about it? He said numerous times he did not record anything. If he did he wouldn't have said "No", he would have said something like "I can't speak about that, sorry", or "I'm not allowed to talk about that".
You still have a lot to learn about the "diplomatic" language in GN'R... hihi

I believe Ron when he says he didn't record anything.? I don't see why he should lie. He is telling the truth.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:45:38 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »

Paul Huge , Robin Finck and of course ?Buckethead ok

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 01:37:59 PM »

It's odd that for some people it's either buckethead or bumblefoot, either bumblefoot or buckethead.... you guys are out of context. you always forget the two most important ones: The 2 RF. If (I say if) someone recorded the Buckethead parts, it's either Richard, or Robin or both.
I mean... why Bumblefoot would lie about it? He said numerous time he did not record anything. If he had, he wouldn't have said "No", he would have said something like "I can't speak about that, sorry", or "I'm not allowed to talk about that".

I believe Ron when he says he didn't record anything.? I don't see why he should lie. He is telling the truth.

i agree, why would he lie about something like that?

i think it would be too messy to take out bucketheads parts, i mean he might have been behind some of the melodies and stuff too and it would take away from the record and would be soo complicated to redo all that shit.

i dont want to say anything definitive and get flamed, but if i had a ?gun to my head i would say buckets parts are still on the record. i really believe they are.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2006, 04:44:02 PM »

The general public thinks of this band as Axl and friends so I think he'll be able to get away with leaving Bucket's parts on the album. If Buckets parts are as good as they are on TWAT than Axl would be a fool to get rid of them. I don't know if this band will ever be truly accepted as GnR but I think they'll be viewed as a breath of fresh air and a kick ass band in their own right. This band is not like the Yardbirds becoming Led Zeppelin, it's like Led Zeppelin becoming Led Zeppelin 2.0 with robert Plant and a bunch of new guys.
AtariLegend
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »

Answer to the Post:

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2006, 05:03:12 PM »

i aslo have the feeling that we won't hear Buckethead on CD
I wouldn't be surprised if they redid his parts

Ya I think we will hear Buckethead.   Why not?

They arnt going to just go and write all his spots over again.   Why?  Just because he isnt in the band?? 

And if they keep the same guitar tracks, just have bumblefoot redo them, they are still Bucketheads.  They will have to give him a writting credit.

But who knows..     Mabey any work that any band memember has done is the sole property of guns n roses?   Mabey Axl makes them sign there rights away and just pays them for there music, flat out.   

Then Buckethead could have written lots of shit, but then they could just get someone to play what he wrote and give him no credit for it.   

I guess we wont know until we read the linear notes

If you dont like me, blow me!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »

Think about one thing:

---> We never had a clear answer about that.
---> I've never heard Mysteron denying/confirming anything about that. He keeps quiet.

People still asking this question and still opening topics about that because we never had a clear answer. neither from the "insiders", nor from the Management. There's still quite a lot of mystery for sure. Axl has the key of the House.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:09:29 PM by nesquick » Logged

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2006, 05:05:53 PM »

I think I know, but I really have no idea.
AtariLegend
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »

I think I know, but I really have no idea.

Same for us all.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2006, 07:40:39 PM »

Here is what Axl said on the press release in August of 2002:

"Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we?ll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he?s already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album.?

That was back when he first joined the band, if you think that he hasnt done more since then and is just playing Paul's parts live, then your just ridiculous. It would be a waste of both talent and time if he were to do that.

Well that pretty much settles that Richard is on the albums in a big way.

gnrevolution.com
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2006, 07:45:48 PM »

Don't be surprised if we hear Axl playing guitar on one of the songs, probably something we haven't heard just yet!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »

Richard Fortus has done lots of studio recordings since 2002. Lead and Rythm.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:52:06 PM by nesquick » Logged

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2006, 07:49:36 PM »

I think we will hear Big Bs parts on the record. ?He was an important part of the recording process and I can't imagine Axl putting Ron in there just to replace Buckets parts if this CD is just around the corner.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

I think we will hear Big Bs parts on the record. ?He was an important part of the recording process and I can't imagine Axl putting Ron in there just to replace Buckets parts if this CD is just around the corner.

How many people after hearing the new album loving Bucket's work would want to go see them when bucket himself has alredy been replaced?  Undecided

I guess it's so far beyond that point it doesn't even matter anymore.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »

Sorry....but not "everybody" love his work on the new songs...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:57:30 PM by nesquick » Logged

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2006, 07:56:59 PM »

Sorry....but not "everybody" at all loves Buckethead's works on the new songs...

That wasn't my point.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: