Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Coma Vs Estranged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coma Vs Estranged  (Read 8776 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2006, 01:14:54 PM »

When the Illusions came out these were the 2 songs I was drawn to the most

Today - I really need to be in an Estranged mood to feel the same way about this song as I used to - it's very rare that it brings out the same type of emotions in me

Coma today is as heavy and intense as it was day one and is often the song I tell people to check out when they are kina unfamiliar with the entire GNR catalog - so to answer the question - Coma wins
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2006, 01:59:42 PM »

Coma Vs Estranged

So what do you people think is the better of these classic two songs?

Mmm... Estranged.  Coma is great, rare example of some great songwriting from Slash, too often he only contributes only in bits and pieces.  I don't actually agree with Iz's assessment that it is self-indulgent.  It might be more complex by GN'R's standards, but it's not exactly prog-rock, is it?  Estranged wins it though for me.  Moves me a lot more.
AtariLegend
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2006, 02:02:30 PM »

Without self-indulgence we never would have got most of UYI 1 + UYI 2.
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2006, 02:11:45 PM »

There's plenty of stuff on those two albums that could get cut really.  I don't think I would cut anything that Izzy had a songwriting credit on, except perhaps Bad Apples... though plenty of the tracks that Slash wrote the music to could go.
AtariLegend
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »

There's plenty of stuff on those two albums that could get cut really. I don't think I would cut anything that Izzy had a songwriting credit on, except perhaps Bad Apples... though plenty of the tracks that Slash wrote the music to could go.

We should be glad no cut's were made, otherwise we may never have heard Coma or Estranged in the first place.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »

Coma.

There's no question in my mind, even though Estranged is great, Coma is amazing.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »

There's plenty of stuff on those two albums that could get cut really. I don't think I would cut anything that Izzy had a songwriting credit on, except perhaps Bad Apples... though plenty of the tracks that Slash wrote the music to could go.

I would cut Bad Apples and You Ain't The First in a heartbeat.  Those are probably my 2 least favorite songs.  Put on Crash Diet damnit. :p

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
AtariLegend
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2006, 11:16:09 PM »

God, please not another Crash Diet fan.
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:23 PM »

Crash Diet is a very good song.  It's not one of the best Gn'R songs, but IMO it's better than a lot of the songs on the Illusions...

I'd say it's better than: LaLD, YATF, The Garden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Get In the Ring, and Shotgun Blues.

IMO it had it's place on UYI1, they just forgot about it. =/

AtariLegend
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »

Mrlee said the same thing, so I clicked on the dudes youtube Crash Diet video link, and after 3mins, I lost 5 years of my life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: