Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Mank Rage
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mank Rage  (Read 79329 times)
del5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2006, 08:14:29 PM »

it is hard to pick a favorite lyrically, although humble song stands out, maybe because it is mellower...  i think my favorite riff is in retro though
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »

Of course Paul is a current member of the GNR studio line-up and has been for years.

That is quite interesting. 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 04:12:27 PM »

thanks man this is very interesting news and spawned a new thread about the numebr of guitarists to be on the album

who is this person? Dave's gf or something? kinda odd to get an email like that is all does she run the myspace page or something? trying to get more fans for MankRage Undecided
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 04:15:13 PM by Neemo » Logged

snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2006, 06:51:32 AM »

That is interesting because? Why? We already know that Paul contibuted to CD. We already know that Paul does studio work for GNR. Y'all act like this is earth shattering news.

That IS very interesting.?

We know that Paul DID contribute to the CD and that he DID studio work for GNR.? Many sources seem to think that he was turfed from the band and no longer had any involvement.? ?His supporters were saying that he was still close to Axl, and the press release issued said his departure was a touring thing, but I didn't know who to believe.? Having the Mank Rage fanclub here publicly state that he's CONTINUING to work in the studio says a lot.?

And yes, this is obviously a concerted effort by these few people in this thread to promote the band, but that's great.? Anybody connected to Guns N' Roses has to deal with the double-edged promotion sword.? ?The connection means notoriety -- the media wants to talk to them -- but they can't talk to them without risking the wrath of Axl.? ?Poor Paul doesn't have many options when it comes to defending himself, and he and Dave don't have a lot of options when it comes to promoting their own music.

Ditto with most of the other players, producers, etc..? Working with GNR would have been a great stepping stone in the logical progression of their careers (which isn't taking 'unfair advantage'), it must really put a damper on things to have to keep everything so secret.

Kinda selfish, really.?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 09:52:19 PM by snooze72 » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2006, 06:59:16 AM »

So what - they have friends promoting them... the problem with this is?? Huh?

I never said I had a problem with it.? Someone asked me who you were, and I explained.
I did as was asked and deleted all of my posts on the matter out of respect.? But that doesn't mean I understand what it is the band got so upset about.? You shared the information freely - information that we didn't have before, and I thought it was interesting enough to share.? If there was some highly confidential information about the album on there, I would have kept it to myself, but posting the fact that someone we thought had left the project four years ago is still part of it I didn't think was taking advantage at all.

It's just something you're going to have to deal with when your promotion of this band involves singling out Guns N' Roses fans, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 08:51:40 AM by MrRedfield » Logged
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2006, 07:33:28 AM »

I did as was asked and deleted all of my posts on the matter

Oh, you got one of those 'terse' little uppity notes too?? ?hihi

I really hate control freaks.? And it's one thing to have a 'veil of secrecy' around GNR, and maybe around Mank Rage... but around the Mank Rage fan club?? That's annoying.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:34 PM »

Anybody know how to get ahold of Whatever / Rockiesgirl?? I didn't realize Whatever was the Mank Rage supporter, sounded like a diss, I'd like to apologize!

Everybody kiss and make up now, k?? Kiss

And relax!? ? Cool

Enjoy the band!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:49:23 AM by snooze72 » Logged
Surge
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2006, 04:48:38 PM »

That is interesting because? Why? We already know that Paul contibuted to CD. We already know that Paul does studio work for GNR. Y'all act like this is earth shattering news.

That IS very interesting.?

We know that Paul DID contribute to the CD and that he DID studio work for GNR.? Many sources seem to think that he was turfed from the band and no longer had any involvement.? ?His supporters were saying that he was still close to Axl, and the press release issued said his departure was a touring thing, but I didn't know who to believe.? Having the Mank Rage fanclub here publicly state that he's CONTINUING to work in the studio says a lot.?

I can't find the original post here... deleted?

Anyway, I don't think it's secret that Tobias could still be involved. Why wouldn't he be? He was part of this, he's been friends with Axl since the 70s, and he would probably like to see it happen about as much as Axl. If he has also written stuff for it, I can't see why Axl would fire him and then lie about it.

No, I think Tobias in some way is still involved. Only thing that doesn't make sense then is that he has not been seen with the band on tour. But that could be explained by him not wanting to be in the spotlight.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2006, 07:42:53 PM »

you know, when i hear them sing "it's gonna' be alright", in it's funny... i believe it

Me too!
mank Rager
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »

pink floyd's Syd...R.I.P.
del5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2006, 06:05:23 AM »

happy sunday! everyone listen to humble song and be thankful for the simple things...
mank Rager
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2006, 05:13:55 AM »

i can't believe jenna jamesone is on mank rage's friends list at their myspace site... yee-haw!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »

confused
lol dude.. she is a fan!  rofl

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
mank Rager
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2006, 09:26:29 AM »

i'm at a place with no walls to climb... i'm with myself, the one i think i find... and truth cries the madman who just pretends... but so do i and it never ends...

from lank's writings
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »

www.myspace.com/mankrage
A song has been added..
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »

www.myspace.com/mankrage
A song has been added..

Last minute (or so...) of the song "JUNK" is GREAT!!!  beer beer
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:36:58 AM by makkonen » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

Yeah, it's really good! Good guitar work from Mr. Tobias!

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:25 PM »

Dave's got some rasp, for a split second on the opening notes I thought maybe Axl's doing a guest spot!  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2006, 01:47:45 AM »

Pretty good stuff.  Hadn't heard this before.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
del5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »

totally cool bass riff in JUNK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: