Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:52:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Christina Aguilera mentions Axl in Blender
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christina Aguilera mentions Axl in Blender  (Read 9865 times)
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 05:24:23 AM »

What's a glam squid?!!  sounds like a peirced clit....

LP
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 05:32:41 AM »

She has a very beautiful, strong voice, I just don't care for the particular kinds of music she does. You can't deny real talent, though...

Is having a good voice talent? Sounds more like genetics to me. She's got a beautiful voice, but I would never go as far as to call her talented, in any way.

that was funny, but yeah talent is all subjective .

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 06:22:22 AM »

Well, the man is being honest. She has an amazing voice. Like her or not, that is something you can't deny...

So, we only think she has a great voice just cause Axl says so? We can't have an opinion.

So, basically, what you're saying is that I like Queen cause Axl likes Queen, I like Stinson's cd cause Axl brought him in the band, and I like Sebastian cause Axl took him on tour...
I don't like Kimi Raikkonnen... But wait, wait... Axl was partying with him this summer, he's cool, I changed my mind, I love the guy...? Roll Eyes

Well, I think you say otherwise just to disagree with Axl and ofcourse everybody else who agrees with him, just to make a difference, get noticed. Prove me wrong.

If you KNOW HOW TO READ read it again ...

Christos said that Aguilera has a nice voice...

the next message was ironic in case you didn't understand it.

Jesus, either you don't get it or you are the one that can't read. Two different parts buddy:

1. I was quoting Chrostos not because her voice but because YOU ARE SAYING THAT HER VOICE IS GOOD ONLY BECAUSE AXL SAID IT. And this is absolutely different from the opinion that is my personal:

2. She sucks - my opinion! Everyone has an opinion and this one is mine. Period

Read it for yourself after all...

"...It don't really matter..."
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 06:25:07 AM »

I think that Alanice Morisette and Linda Perry are hell of a better singers than Christina...

linda wrote beautiful for christina because her own voice wasn't up to the song. so by linda's own admission christina has a better voice than her

Oh really? And what I've just written?  I know singing ability because I'm strongly connected with music from 8 now (I'm playing the guitar, I'm studying music) and I THINK that Christina vocie suck! I respect your opinions but I don't think like you. And I said is that if Axl didn't say this you won't think what you're thinking.

dude someone with a five octave vocal range doesn't have a crap voice, you may not like the songs she puts out, but to say her voice sucks is well dumb to say the least.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 06:52:04 AM »

Well, the man is being honest. She has an amazing voice. Like her or not, that is something you can't deny...

So, we only think she has a great voice just cause Axl says so? We can't have an opinion.

So, basically, what you're saying is that I like Queen cause Axl likes Queen, I like Stinson's cd cause Axl brought him in the band, and I like Sebastian cause Axl took him on tour...
I don't like Kimi Raikkonnen... But wait, wait... Axl was partying with him this summer, he's cool, I changed my mind, I love the guy...? Roll Eyes

Well, I think you say otherwise just to disagree with Axl and ofcourse everybody else who agrees with him, just to make a difference, get noticed. Prove me wrong.

If you KNOW HOW TO READ read it again ...

Christos said that Aguilera has a nice voice...

the next message was ironic in case you didn't understand it.

Jesus, either you don't get it or you are the one that can't read. Two different parts buddy:

1. I was quoting Chrostos not because her voice but because YOU ARE SAYING THAT HER VOICE IS GOOD ONLY BECAUSE AXL SAID IT. And this is absolutely different from the opinion that is my personal:

2. She sucks - my opinion! Everyone has an opinion and this one is mine. Period

Read it for yourself after all...

WHEN EXACTLY DID I SAY THAT HER VOICE IS GOOD ONLY BECAUSE AXL SAID IT?Huh I SAID THAT HER VOICE IS GOOD AND THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AXL'S OPINION.

YOU HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM IN READING I GUESS.

Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »

the whole thread got to go! discussig what Axl said ( if that true) or who he likes is just none of our business. some topics here belong to The Enquirer. ?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:48:37 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 06:57:07 AM »

the whole thread got to go! discussig what Axl said ( if that true) or who i likes is just none of our business. some topics here belong to The Enquirer. ?

Discussing what music Axl likes is none of our business???  confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 07:00:33 AM »

Could all the Christina fans go and discuss her musical talents in the Bad Obsession section?

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 07:06:05 AM »

Axl said he likes Mambo No. 5 in an interview a few years ago too. So do we really care what he likes? U never listened to stuff reccommended by one of your favourite bands only to find it is actually crap? Happens to me all the time.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 07:11:26 AM »

the whole thread got to go! discussig what Axl said ( if that true) or who i likes is just none of our business. some topics here belong to The Enquirer. ?

Discussing what music Axl likes is none of our business?Huh confused

i believe this thread and my previous comment was not about Axls taste in music.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:15 AM »

Why has this become a Christina Aguilera topic?
Axl is free to like who he wants and I don?t understand why you have to make a big deal. Axl?s musical taste is very wide and do we have to judge every single artist he likes?
Chill out dudes.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »

Axl has always liked terrible music.  Most fans of GNR do not have the same taste in music as Axl, but who cares.  I dont like any rap, i hated nirvana, i thought that Mambo number 5 was an idiotic song, but that doesnt mean i dont like Axl.  Musical tastes are subjective and you cant judge anyone by them.  We all have guilty pleasures, part of what makes Axl great is the fact that he combines elements of many genres into his music.  This is why GNR transcends metal and why I think they are the greatest band out there. 

Oh and btw since im sure some troll is salivating at my first line, Axl did like Nirvana before the MTV incident that is highly reported
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »

Hey, I was thinking; what if the frontman would like to climb up on a big tree in a wood and to cuckoo. So fans/kids would like to act like this!

Ouch, now I just imagine such stuff!... (Sorry, nothing rough.) love

P.S. By the way, personally, I have nothing against Mamba N 5.

Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:53 PM »

What's a glam squid?!!? sounds like a peirced clit....

LP

this post made me seriously LOL!!! rofl
thanks, i needed a laugh!!   beer

i think it was supposed to be, "glam squad".  whatever the hell that must be.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
robinfinckfan
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »

What's a glam squid?!!? sounds like a peirced clit....

LP

this post made me seriously LOL!!! rofl
thanks, i needed a laugh!!? ?beer

i think it was supposed to be, "glam squad".? whatever the hell that must be.

what keeps her up and sitting pretty on a pedestal of men
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »

Great voice my ass! Fuckin' bullshit. Christos is wright. Most of you are saying she's good because Axl said she's good. Everyone has his opinion and I think Christina SUCKS! Please tell me one good song of Christina...Please...If I had posted a week ago a thread Christina is the best female singer you were going to think I'm crazy and that I SUCK! And personally, I think that Alanice Morisette and Linda Perry are hell of a better singers than Christina...
it's not about her songs it's about her voice. learn to read. if you don't like the songs that's a matter of opinion.

and Christos didn't say that we like Aguilera's voice cause AXL said so...

And may you please tell me what exactly he said because I'm fuckin' stupid???

AND YOU LEARN TO READ. I SAID MY OPINION IS HER VOICE SUCKS! AND IF YOU READ PROPERLY I'VE SAID THAT MOST OF YOU THINK THAT SHE'S GOOD SINGER WHICH FUCKIN' MEANS THAT SHE HAS GOOD VOICE AND AS YOU CAN SEE I'VE WRITTEN AT THE END MY OPINION!

The keyword there is opinion.

Axl's opinion and anyone that knows anything about singing ability, is that it's good.

Oh really? And what I've just written?? I know singing ability because I'm strongly connected with music from 8 now (I'm playing the guitar, I'm studying music) and I THINK that Christina vocie suck! I respect your opinions but I don't think like you. And I said is that if Axl didn't say this you won't think what you're thinking.

I agree with you partially.

I'm saying she has a good voice on an ability level.

But yeah I agree, some are gonna praise it, because Axl is god to them.

Same thing with Rich & Robin jamming on 'Beautiful' in the 2006 shows. I hate that song, and think it's terribly lame and un-GNR of them to be jamming that song in a GNR show.

But then again they are the guitarists in the band, not me. So it isn't my call to make.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »

she talks about meeting him at the VMA's and he shook her hand and said she was one of the greatest vocalists of our time. She said it was sweet and when she grew up Guns N' Roses were "it"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2006, 08:58:05 PM »

That is definetly filler for the mind.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2006, 09:08:30 PM »

Personally I think Christina's voice blows ass. She's like every other wanna be diva out there. there' voices are a dime a dozen. Sure they may have "great pipes" but they all sound the same and there's nothing special about it. Someone like Jewel could blow Christina outta the water vocal wise but she'd rather sing the song than show off her voice for no paticular reason. The way Christina sings adds absolutely nothing to her songs.? I have no problem with Axl liking her. he can like whoever he wants as can anyone. It's hilarous though? had that same comment("She's one of the greatest vocalists of our time") been made by a member here they'd be bashed non stop and people would call them every name in the book.? She's a run of the mill? poptart with no originality or uniqueness to her or her voice. Technically strong? sure maybe, but "one of the greatest vocalists of our time"? NO.? I find it sad that? on a? normal basis most everyone here would aknowledge that yet when Axl praises her everyone seems to fall in line and agree. Roll Eyes.

100% agree, your post was like a relief !
darkmonth
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2006, 09:22:30 PM »

I LOVE Christina.  She's the best thing out there in music, female wise at the moment.... BUT ... I have to say. hate or love it ... Celine Dion is THE SINGLE BEST female vocalist in the history of music.  Technically, she has the best voice, hands down.

Amy Lee even being mentioned in the same breath as either Celine or Christina makes me laugh.  Amy Lee is fucking nothing compared to these two women.

That said... Axl Rose can probably hit higher notes than both .. lol Smiley
celine dion is not the best female vocalist in the history of music, technically speaking, whitney houston is.

I disagree with you.  You need to listen to Celine's back catalogue.  Whitney does NOT have as impressive a voice.  And also, fucking hell, she's boring as sin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: