Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Another 'Is this ok' question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another 'Is this ok' question  (Read 3233 times)
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 22, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »

So, I understand that news of any kind from any other source is not to be mentioned in any way under any circumstances what-so-ever in case its true or false.

But while I'm waiting for the files to download I thought I'd ask if we can talk about news posted on this site.

I'm assuming Jarmo thinks its safe to talk about it, otherwise he wouldn't have posted it as news.  But theres also a song we can't mention thats been added to the list of possible CD tracks.  Which makes things a little confusing.

So I thought I'd ask first.
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:57:20 PM »

Specifically can we discuss any of the following:

1) Better was featured on a Harley-Davidson advert posted on their website, which they later realised was posted prematurely and have now replaced with Paradise City, presumably until the tour starts.

2) There is an article in Rolling Stone magazine, which is also posted on their website, in which they speculate about possible release dates and mention that Sebastian Bach told them theres a previosuly unmentioned song on CD, called Sorry (also listed on the HTGTH Chinese Democracy page as a possible track) which sounds like "Doom Metal".

I know neither of those things was ok before, but I'm wondering wether the rules have changed now they're mentioned in a podcast Jarmo linked to in a news article on this website.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 02:10:51 PM »

this is that grey area. Id like to know as well. Kinda getting stale that we cant talk about anything new which has the most relevence.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »

You can talk about the new HD ad once it premieres.

You want to discuss a song that you only know the title of and a vague description of it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »

Isn't the best discussion when you don't have much to go on? rofl
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »

You want to discuss a song that you only know the title of and a vague description of it?
Yep.

For a start I'd like to know what the crap 'doom metal' is.
Secondly it'd be interesting to see some ideas on wether a song called 'Sorry' is Axl Rose apologising to someone. ?And if so who do people think it could be?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 03:07:06 PM »

If you want to know what doom metal is, go check out the Bad Obsession section.

Don't you think it would make more sense to discuss it after we've heard it, and then try to guess what it's about?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »

Well yes it would make more sense.
But I'd still like to hear peoples ideas, regardless of how little information they're based on.  And besides, we do know about Axl (or at least his public persona, as far as I know none of us know him personally), so we can speculate on what he might write about in a song called Sorry.

But basically this topic was just trying to clear up wether it was possible to talk about these things at all, in case someone wanted to do so.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 03:40:13 PM »

Ok, if you want to speculate on the song, go ahead.

As long as it's kept within the boundaries of being decent.

I know there are people who'll try to use it as a "fun topic" with their lame jokes...

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 06:01:52 AM »

He brought up an interesting point in the first post of the thread. How come the rolling stone article is mentioned in the "New Album" section timeline and Sorry in the list of possible songs on CD in the releases section of the main site, yet we can't discuss them on the board because the article was premature?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 06:42:10 AM »

I put them up there when I updated the site, but I forgot to remove the info.

If you want to discuss the song title, go ahead.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: