Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  discuss: rules on pics - NSFW, quoting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: discuss: rules on pics - NSFW, quoting  (Read 2785 times)
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« on: October 25, 2006, 06:18:18 AM »

I'd like to *discuss* the following:
People often post pics of Axl with his female friends, and then people try finding out who the current "she" is, and then someone else posts pictures of "her only". These pictures, while undoubtedly aesthetic, can be a problem. Imagine you're just checking the board and a screen-filling pic of a half-dressed woman pops up - not something you'd want your coworkers, mom, or boyfriend to see. Or not something you'd want to see in the first place, maybe.

People also have a habit of quoting posts with pictures that include nudity (or things otherwise, err, well potentially offensive. Remember the drawing of Axl and Slash kissing? I think it went on for about 10 pages or so). So great, you try scrolling down / clicking to the next page to get to the content you want, and all that happens is you get spammed with the same pic again.

Therefore, I've come up with 2 rules that I'd like to discuss with everybody here:
No nudity/offensive pics, only links with a NSFW (not safe for work) disclaimer.
No quoting of pics. Links should be enough for answers to "does anyone have the pic where Axl wears a red bandana", I think?

Personally, I don't see why we should even allow non-pic posts in picture threads - you come to the board, see a new post in the pictures thread, go there, and see that it was just someone posting "oh wow i've never seen that pic thanks for sharing". Great contribution  Tongue .

What do you guys ( & gals Wink ) think?

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:20:35 AM »

I agree with the NSFW thing.. I'd have nothing against that. But. Personally I don't know if we need those types of posts at all here. It's supposed to be a message board about the band, not about the modelling careers of the band members' girlfriends.

Now in the jungle it's a different matter. But if you see a thread titled "asses and other stuff", you can pretty much guess what's in there. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of those threads either. It's also a question about when a thread goes to that territory. And when it does, a mod would have to change the subject of the _original_ post so it would appear so in the forum index, so it'll never be instant (unless the poster making the post is also the original poster).

About quoting pics.. I agree.. It's waste of space and just clutters up the board. I don't care if it's offensive or not. It just looks stupid if the picture is large and makes the board hard to read.

I have no opinion on the picture threads since I personally don't really look at them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:22:36 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:15:21 AM »

Yeah, I think quoting in general can be done in a good and bad way.

I agree about the girlfriends part. It's not this board's purpose to try to figure out who's dating who and when.

It's one thing if somebody asks "who's that person with Axl" and some other poster replies with the name. But I don't think we need to post links, pictures, their history etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:51 PM »

I agree with the fact that re-posting the picture a million times by quoting it is totally ridiculous.  You can make a valid comment about the picture in question without making the thread incrediby long by quoting it over and over.

I am going to assume this is in response to new Axl pics with his girlfriend that I posted yesterday.  They definitely could have been discussed without the NSFW pics posted afterwards.  Not that I care what people personally hold on their computer but it really wasn't too relevant to the thread.  Just stating who the person in said pics was would have been sufficient (not to mention it was clearly indicated on the website they came from in the 1st post of the thread under the captions who was in the photos).   

I posted them so people could simply see them in larger form, I should have known what was to come afterwards!

I am also pretty sure that the guys here would agree that if us ladies chose to respond to threads with giant pics of NSFW men and opened this at work they might be a little offended-

Good call, tanya!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »

Yeah, I think quoting in general can be done in a good and bad way.

I agree about the girlfriends part. It's not this board's purpose to try to figure out who's dating who and when.

It's one thing if somebody asks "who's that person with Axl" and some other poster replies with the name. But I don't think we need to post links, pictures, their history etc.

/jarmo

You mean I can't stalk Axl's girlfriends over the Internet anymore?

Aw, phooey! Gee whiz it! There goes my weekend.  no
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 05:09:12 PM »

NSFW = "not suitable for work" right? or am i crazy thinking
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »

People often post pics of Axl with his female friends, and then people try finding out who the current "she" is, and then someone else posts pictures of "her only". These pictures, while undoubtedly aesthetic, can be a problem. Imagine you're just checking the board and a screen-filling pic of a half-dressed woman pops up - not something you'd want your coworkers, mom, or boyfriend to see. Or not something you'd want to see in the first place, maybe.
Agree

People also have a habit of quoting posts with pictures that include nudity (or things otherwise, err, well potentially offensive. Remember the drawing of Axl and Slash kissing? I think it went on for about 10 pages or so). So great, you try scrolling down / clicking to the next page to get to the content you want, and all that happens is you get spammed with the same pic again.
Agree

Therefore, I've come up with 2 rules that I'd like to discuss with everybody here:
No nudity/offensive pics, only links with a NSFW (not safe for work) disclaimer.
No quoting of pics. Links should be enough for answers to "does anyone have the pic where Axl wears a red bandana", I think?
Agree

Personally, I don't see why we should even allow non-pic posts in picture threads - you come to the board, see a new post in the pictures thread, go there, and see that it was just someone posting "oh wow i've never seen that pic thanks for sharing". Great contribution
Disagree

peace
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »

NSFW = "not suitable for work" right? or am i crazy thinking

You are correct.

While I don't believe in censorship we do have to realize that people read this board in a public environment.  Posting gigantic nudes that take up the whole screen probably isn't a great idea.  Nor is quoting the pic over and over. 

I also don't agree that responses shouldn't be allowed.  Thank You is always appreciated and answering questions regarding the photos should be fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: