Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Hardcore Superstar
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcore Superstar  (Read 30399 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2007, 02:39:06 PM »

here they are performing Dreamin' in a casket on the biggest TV-channel in Sweden

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FjbqfQ54TaM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b58Ncx0WyE4&feature=related

not the best of sound quality.

but cool footage of hardcore superstar, joined by olliver twisted of crashdiet performing van halen somebody get me a dr.

sadly the sound is bad.

but its fun to watch jocke n olli together havin a good time

that quality aint bad, it's unwatchable..
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »

I recently wasn't too keen on the new album, to be honest I thought it sucked.  I wasn't liking any of the hooks on the tunes and thought it was too heavy for them.  I was DAMN! wrong though.  The album has really grown on me and is one of my favourite albums of theirs without doubt, I'm loving every tune now!

For Christmas I got their Live DVD from the Sticky Fingers, really good show, my only complain is the DVD is only just over an hour, hopefully they'll release another DVD down the line packed with more stuff.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »

I recently wasn't too keen on the new album, to be honest I thought it sucked.  I wasn't liking any of the hooks on the tunes and thought it was too heavy for them.  I was DAMN! wrong though.  The album has really grown on me and is one of my favourite albums of theirs without doubt, I'm loving every tune now!

For Christmas I got their Live DVD from the Sticky Fingers, really good show, my only complain is the DVD is only just over an hour, hopefully they'll release another DVD down the line packed with more stuff.

glad it grew on you.

yeah i need to get that DVD, i have an audio of it, but i want footage Cheesy

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »

Just checked out HCSS website and it says the special guest at their shows is crashdiet!
Cool or what,think i need to check out a few more of their albums-the only one i've heard is rest in sleaze.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:51 AM »

Just checked out HCSS website and it says the special guest at their shows is crashdiet!
Cool or what,think i need to check out a few more of their albums-the only one i've heard is rest in sleaze.

youve missed all those shows lol.

half the tour was cancelled anyway when the singers both got ill.

but crashdiets new album with the new singer is caleld the unnattractive revolution, thatsa the tour they are on atm supporting.

you can either buy or download your choice.

I preffer RIS, the new album took alot of growing cause the sounds a bit different, but now i love it.

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »

but crashdiets new album with the new singer is caleld the unnattractive revolution, thatsa the tour they are on atm supporting.

I preffer RIS, the new album took alot of growing cause the sounds a bit different, but now i love it.

Oh,so they're not supporting HCSS on their uk tour then? Sad ,that sucks.I'm guessing the special guests haven't been announced yet then.
Thanks for the info,i'll check out ther latest album cos i loved 'in the raw'.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

Oh,so they're not supporting HCSS on their uk tour then? Sad ,that sucks.I'm guessing the special guests haven't been announced yet then.

for some gay reason crashdiet aint coming with them to the UK, bad move i feel.

Crazy lixx are gonna be supporting, they are a good band they out there album!

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »

I've never heard any material by them,what are they like?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

I've never heard any material by them,what are they like?

find there myspace!!!

you can get the video for the (cut version) of want it on youtube

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »

Bad sneakers and a Pin? Colada and No Regrets are much better then the 2 latest records IMO

If i'f rank their records it would be:
1. Bad sneakers and a Pin? Colada
2. No Regrets
3. Hardcore Superstar
4. Dreamin' in a Casket
5. Thank You (For Letting Us Be Ourselves)
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2008, 10:05:51 AM »

Bad sneakers and a Pin? Colada and No Regrets are much better then the 2 latest records IMO

2. No Regrets
3. Hardcore Superstar
4. Dreamin' in a Casket

Gotta disagree there.I think hardcore superstar is easily their best album although i haven't gave their 1st 3 albums a good listen yet so maybe in time i'll change my mind lol.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »

Hardcore Superstar is great, saw them live about a year ago.

But things were different 8 years ago..They were bubblegum-rock, and really lame..They had their 15 minutes..Became forgotten, then came back with a different style etc..Now they kick ass !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »

2. No Regrets
3. Hardcore Superstar
4. Dreamin' in a Casket

disagree man, there other stuff is ok but its really really light in comparrison to the new stuff.

Perhaps i just preffer a harder rock sound, but i think there most  2 recent albums are serious perfection of hardrock mixed with metal.

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »

hihi

I knew people would disagree with my list, I can summarize my "history" with he band, with the first records it was more of a glam-punky band with catchy songs and i remember hearing them on the radio ("someone special", "still i'm glad", "Liberation", "I can't change" etc.)? then as Adler_Sorum_Brain said they dissapeared after the "No regrets" album and i forgot a bit about them, then in like early 2005 I thought to myself "damn what was that awesome band called with that cool singer" for days this was all i could think about? hihi I rememberd they had a long name that i thought was cool.. I tried to remember a song of their (the song was "someone special") when i remembered their name i looked them up and found out they had a new record out in stores soon and I got excited,
 when the record came out "wild boys" was the first single if i remember correctly and I really liked it, the riffs and melody was awesome headbanger and i sau the same today, "we don't celebrate sundays" soon followed and the video was on MTV and shitz and i was excited to death to hear the rest of the album, when i finally got to hear it I thought it was great but very different from the old stuff but it was an amazing record and it quickly became my favourite of theirs, I finally got to see them in the summer of 2006, 15th of july to be exact, back then it was easily the best concert i've been to, it was at a local festival and they hit the stage at midnight, it started with "kick on the upperclass" and i was in heaven fo about and hour? beer at that show they only played songs from the selftitled record whch i was totally ok with but of course still a bit "bummed" that i didn't get to hear liberation and the other old hits but WTF, who cares i had just seen jocke berg and Silver putting on an awesome show..
after a while listening to them on and off as i am with different bands and i think most people are i started to listen to the older records again and thought "these are still fucking great"? yes then 2007 came and the word was that HCSS would write n' record a new record and release it in the fall, this was fucking awesome.. Bastards (fade a away) was released as a single and it was really cool but i wished that the album would be more of a blend of no regrets and selftitled and not keep changing/evolving the sound of the band at the direction they were headed with the selftitled..
 at this time they put a demo of sophisticated ladies on myspace and i remember that i at the begining wasn't sure what to think but later on i started to dig it more and more,
october came and mrlee told me on msn that the record had leaked, i downloaded it as fast i could and i really dug it but my suspicions were true, they had evolved to the "wrong" direction, it was still a great record and one of 2007's best but not the kind of HCSS album that i wished for.. i don't think it's about preffering a harder rock sound, since i love music that is much heavier then the last 2 records, maybe it's that the first records felt more stripped down and jocke's voice was more in the center of attention or something i don't now.. the solo to the song in (the song) no regrets feels so old school, aw fuck, that's a summary of my memories with this band Smiley
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jFv0RxMBXdI

finally a good quality video of HCSS with olli from crashdiet covering van halen somebody get me a dr!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2008, 07:28:38 AM »

sorry for the double post.

but im seeing them live tonight, with crazy lixx as support.

cant wait im gonna rock the shit out!!!

anyone else going to the birmingham show tonight?

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2008, 07:38:56 AM »

I am,should be a great show peace
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:04 AM »

have a good fucking time both of you  beer
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »

have a good fucking time both of you  beer

Thanks,i sure will smoking
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »

I am,should be a great show peace

Well ill be wearing a crashdiet t-shirt the logo will be white with pink boarder and its of the new line up, probably have my denim jacket with me, it has alot of patches all over it, and i have blonde long hair.

ill have my best friend with me hes like this hippie kid.

and then my old man n some of his mates but i think they are gonna stay at the back (they like the band too lmao so i couldnt be mean n say they couldnt come)

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: