Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Deleting threads
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleting threads  (Read 12446 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 26, 2006, 09:07:02 AM »

What is the reason for that? Freedom of speech / opion is not allowed???

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 09:07:48 AM »

wrong section dude.. and there are rules to follow
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:09:41 AM »

wrong section dude.. and there are rules to follow

sorry my mistake, please move (not delete!) this thread moderators  Wink

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:12:20 AM »

Because people do things like put threads like this in the completely wrong section.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Cherona
Opening Act

Can I get an F YEAH?

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:15:22 AM »

[singing]

Irony!!!

[/singing]

*does the irony dance*

OOOOOH RIIIIIIGHT. GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY.

-Syth

Cream '05
Europe '05
Guns N' Roses '06
Cropredy '07
Dream Theater '07
Pendulum '08
Eagles '09
Download '10
British Sea Power '10
Guns N' Roses '10
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:33:39 AM »

prez I was just going to ask that.... I come here... read... post and when I come later the topics arent here anymore... and why? cos we are simply speaking our minds... this is getting insane... Lips Sealed

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:35:06 AM »

fight the fucking power!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:47:44 AM »

I think that today is just a suitable day to ask these stuff, it?s the forum bday.... i am new on this forum, i?ve been here for only 5 months but I think I got the right to make some suggestions... and one of them it?s as simple as this one: freedom of speech.

cmon guys... every single thread that pops here that says anything, anything against our favourite band is locked, or moved or even ridicularized by other posters... I don?t get it... We are all in the same side I guess... we are here cos we love the band... and what is wrong in giving our opinions on it? saying we are getting frustrated, sad with something... I don?t get it at all... Why can?t we be fucking honest? Why are we allowed just to say good things on the band, praise it when sometimes we aint even sure about that... As an example... when u love someone, u r with that person... I?m sure u don?t like everything he/she does, I?m sure u get frustrated angry with her/him sometimes... this is the same thing! As much as we love the band, we can?t just keep ourselves from speaking the truth, speaking our minds... afterall, is this or not a damn forum?

I love this forum... it was the first I found out on GN?R and I didnt even feel the right to find out any other... I love ppl here, and it?s soo damn cool to speak with ppl from everywhere who hv the same tastes as u... the only thing I really dont like in here it?s just what I mentioned above...

I know you won?t even bother about this thread, and probably won?t answer but I thought I had the right to complain about this...

sorry.  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »

There are numerous reasons a thread will get locked/deleted/whatever.

The main reason: It's been talked about a million times before.

Other reasons: The thread goes sour from all the shit that is flying to every direction with people insulting other posters like hell. There already is a thread about the same stuff either in the same, or some other section (use search..). Usually the threads are then just merged.

A reason for a lot of the stuff is being deleted at the moment, is that a lot of the posts are just the same, idiotic, repetitive "the setlist is the same", "is CD ever coming out" or "this is why I should be the manager for GN'R", the last one followed by a masterplan written by a guy who has usually little to no skills in marketing and even less knowledge of the current situation of Guns N' Roses.

And as a sidenote, please don't apologize when you post. You don't have to do that. You can be polite, but being overly careful belittles your post. I, as I'm sure other mods do as well, read the admin section very carefully to explain these things (no matter for the how manyth time) so that posters would understand why we do what we do. The goal of my moderating is usually very simple: To help make this the best possible messageboard about GN'R in terms of minimizing repetitive threads and bullshit, and maximizing readability (which is a direct consequence from point no. 1).

There has been a _lot_ of frustration lately, and therefore a shitload of threads just complaining about shit. If this would be contained in one thread, it would be okay by me. But. Recently everybody seems to want to start their own topic on how wrong they've been treated because there hasn't been a huge announcement yet, or they don't vary their setlist enough.. Although neither of the things have been promised by anyone. Fans create a bubble for themselves by speculating, and when they fail, they complain about how wrong everything is, and how Merck doesn't know how to do his job. And I'm not even gonna touch a few other subjects that have stirred shit here recently.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »

Go on, say it.

"Freedom of speech"... Blah blah blah.

We delete what we consider pointless posts and/or threads.

I deleted a bunch of posts attacking other posters in a thread that was supposed to be about a show.

People have been complaining about the band ever since this board went online. For those of us who have been around, it gets kinda old after a while.

You might think your "I'm getting frustrated because there's no album" posts are fresh and new, but some of us have read those posts for years.

Some people seem to be here only to put down the band they claim to be fans of.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »

I fully agree with you Ines! ?ok

Fight the fucking power that's what we should do !!

The forum is full of bunch of wannabe's who can't stand the truth.

GN'R is also my fav band but some things right now are just not ok! So, indeed we should have the right to complain about that. Is this also not the reason for a forum to exist in the first place!??

I agree, that we sometimes complain over and over again over the same things...but like today there was a thread about the general feeling 'The mood is changing'....this was a general thread about GN'R complaints and the fact that a lot of GN'R fans are loosing their patience as they are constantly being fucked by their fav band. (no album yet, always same setlist, average to bad shows, lame promises...etc).

I also are loosing my patience but still have some hope left. That's also one of the reasons I use/read/post on this forum, as my faith in GN'R is not (yet) completely gone.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »

Many of the people who complain don't even attend the shows.

Makes you think...

Many of you act like spoiled kids. The show didn't start at 10PM, they didn't play songs I didn't hear in the past... You don't seem to realize that a majority of the crowd probably didn't even hear any of the new songs before. Imagine going to a show and hearing maybe five songs you never heard before.

They could play all new songs, but then you'd come here posting how lame it was because the crowd was dead and how they should've played more old songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »

Hey "complainers", you have that right (free speech). ?Go create your own forum, pay your own hosting/server bills, and then set your own rules. ?After last night's debacle of post after post of nonsense in threads meant to inform, I for one am glad that Jarmo runs his board the way he does. ?

No one is forcing you to be here, you're free to go at any time if you don't like it.

"This isn't Burger King. ?This isn't have it your way"
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 10:27:30 AM »

Many of the people who complain don't even attend the shows.

Makes you think...

Many of you act like spoiled kids. The show didn't start at 10PM, they didn't play songs I didn't hear in the past... You don't seem to realize that a majority of the crowd probably didn't even hear any of the new songs before. Imagine going to a show and hearing maybe five songs you never heard before.

They could play all new songs, but then you'd come here posting how lame it was because the crowd was dead and how they should've played more old songs.

/jarmo

Correct, but also a lot of them, including myself, did attend some shows.

But hey, I read your comments and the one from Skeba, and I can dig that. I see what your points are to delete the threads.

Maybe you should think about starting a "Complaint section - Get In The Ring" ? hihi

btw smeagol2124: complaints and nonsens is not the same for me
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:29:12 AM by The Prez » Logged

Mr Obvious
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »

what the hell? all you gays are whining and wanting freedom of speech on a geeks forum. this is fucking lame this isnt america its a fuckin website. Heres your freedom of speech motha fucka. Although G&R is pretty cool but its just a fucking band not the president. GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU RETARTED i STILL LIVE WITH MY MOM AND FINGER A DOLL FAGET NERDS!

The reason why people are still coming to visit this website is because GNR camp is giving presales, if  Merck didnt know Jarmo, this forum would be dead as fuck.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »

what the hell? all you gays are whining and wanting freedom of speech on a geeks forum. this is fucking lame this isnt america its a fuckin website. Heres your freedom of speech motha fucka. Although G&R is pretty cool but its just a fucking band not the president. GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU RETARTED i STILL LIVE WITH MY MOM AND FINGER A DOLL FAGET NERDS!

The reason why people are still coming to visit this website is because GNR camp is giving presales, if? Merck didnt know Jarmo, this forum would be dead as fuck.

Mr. Obvious is obviously from the states. He might think USA is the best country in the world which is always right....   Roll Eyes

Why are a lot of USA people like that? Something in the food?

Mr Obvious
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 10:43:21 AM »

what the hell do you mean Mr. Pez. And no I did not miss spell that. ASSHOLE!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 10:44:39 AM »

LOL, yeah I'm the real asshole here.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 10:47:22 AM »

Please keep on posting the way you do.

Mr Obvious
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

Did your mom teach you to be cocky like that? Since you still live in her basement blowing yourself.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: