Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Ten years ago 10-31-96
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten years ago 10-31-96  (Read 15590 times)
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 12:23:20 AM »

If GNR Adapted to the bullshit puss rock of the 80s we would never had appetite fior destruction.

? ?How could've they adapted to something......from nothing. Huh You can't adapt to something BEFORE you release a cd. That makes no sense. They either started as "puss rock" or they didn't.? And since they didn't,they chose to continue on from THAT point. Goodnight.

? ? ? ? MATT
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 12:26:16 AM »

As much as we may have all wanted him in- he may very well be dead right now if he stayed- that's apparently how depressed and disconnected he felt about the state of GN'R at that time. Glad he's found VR, and still remains a rock icon to this day. Great to see Axl on good streak these days as well.

Yeah,I wouldn't make that "rock icon" statement just yet......I mean,you're not THAT cool if your doing a fuckin' Volkswagon commercial.
 It's one thing to have your music played in a commercial and it's an ENTIRE different animal to actually APPEAR in one. Slash doesn't need the fuckin' money. It only makes him look sad.

People not in the "know" about him and the new version of GN'R will say "Wow,that guy from Guns N' Roses has really fallen,huh? Reduced to making commercials." I was embarrassed FOR him when I saw it and he doesn't even know me!

And Velvet Revolver's "Contraband" was cool for like 5 minutes. I bought it the first day,solely on the tracks "Slither" and "Set Me Free",which are still good but,they didn't make any history or move mountains with it and I barely even play it any more.

Axl wants to experiment and try new things (we knew this back from "My World"-which was AHEAD of it's time and I HATED it back then and now think it's fuckin' cool-Axl knew it then) and Slash needs to take off the fuckin' blinders and realize that it's not 1990. He's still an amazing guitar player but,he's mindset is stuck in one gear,I believe.

ADAPT OR DIE. That is how life is. In all areas and situations.
I mean,how many of you still play tapes man?!? What loser is holding on to their 8 tracks??? Have many of you listened to the "new" songs from Motley Crue or Aerosmith? How about AC/DC?
Can you tell the difference from their earlier songs and now? Have they grown as a band or have they tried to hold on to an era that has passed them by?!? 

THEY SUCK,is the answer.  yes

Axl knows this fact of life and he refuses to watch this band become a musical joke. Granted,he's been written off as a joke for not releasing CD yet,et.al.,but,as of this post his integrity and legacy are currently intact as spectacular due to his past work and will have another chapter written when Chinese Democracy released.
He doesn't want to have people say/write  "Yeah,it's the same GN'R....no real leap forward here....just a rehash"...etc.

You get the point.

Axl is right and Slash is doing a fuckin' Volkswagon commercial.  Grin

MATT

P.S.- Oh and Slash will cry  Cry when he hears Chinese Democracy and realize that he should have showed up at Axl's door at 5 A.M. a whoooole lot sooner!!!  yes

Dude- I've supported Axl over Slash all these years too- but Slash IS an icon. One cheese dick commercial won't erase his years of killer riffs... and his "all around" cool rock star image. Most people I've talked to were actually psyched to see him on TV. Until CD is released and it rocks... Thal, Finck and Fortus are pimples on the ass of rock history in comparison to Slash... and I LOVE the new band.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 12:32:41 AM »

As much as we may have all wanted him in- he may very well be dead right now if he stayed- that's apparently how depressed and disconnected he felt about the state of GN'R at that time. Glad he's found VR, and still remains a rock icon to this day. Great to see Axl on good streak these days as well.

Yeah,I wouldn't make that "rock icon" statement just yet......I mean,you're not THAT cool if your doing a fuckin' Volkswagon commercial.
 It's one thing to have your music played in a commercial and it's an ENTIRE different animal to actually APPEAR in one. Slash doesn't need the fuckin' money. It only makes him look sad.

People not in the "know" about him and the new version of GN'R will say "Wow,that guy from Guns N' Roses has really fallen,huh? Reduced to making commercials." I was embarrassed FOR him when I saw it and he doesn't even know me!

And Velvet Revolver's "Contraband" was cool for like 5 minutes. I bought it the first day,solely on the tracks "Slither" and "Set Me Free",which are still good but,they didn't make any history or move mountains with it and I barely even play it any more.

Axl wants to experiment and try new things (we knew this back from "My World"-which was AHEAD of it's time and I HATED it back then and now think it's fuckin' cool-Axl knew it then) and Slash needs to take off the fuckin' blinders and realize that it's not 1990. He's still an amazing guitar player but,he's mindset is stuck in one gear,I believe.

ADAPT OR DIE. That is how life is. In all areas and situations.
I mean,how many of you still play tapes man?!? What loser is holding on to their 8 tracks??? Have many of you listened to the "new" songs from Motley Crue or Aerosmith? How about AC/DC?
Can you tell the difference from their earlier songs and now? Have they grown as a band or have they tried to hold on to an era that has passed them by?!? 

THEY SUCK,is the answer.  yes

Axl knows this fact of life and he refuses to watch this band become a musical joke. Granted,he's been written off as a joke for not releasing CD yet,et.al.,but,as of this post his integrity and legacy are currently intact as spectacular due to his past work and will have another chapter written when Chinese Democracy released.
He doesn't want to have people say/write  "Yeah,it's the same GN'R....no real leap forward here....just a rehash"...etc.

You get the point.

Axl is right and Slash is doing a fuckin' Volkswagon commercial.  Grin

MATT

P.S.- Oh and Slash will cry  Cry when he hears Chinese Democracy and realize that he should have showed up at Axl's door at 5 A.M. a whoooole lot sooner!!!  yes

Dude, things like this make me lol.  hihi

Contraband has sold 3 million copys. More than any new Motley Crue or Aerosmith (I believe).. not only that, but Velvet Revolver is working on a brand new album, with a great producer, and putting alot of time into it.

Slash is great and "Axl is god" fans like you make me.. haha, I dunno. It's funny.

"Slash is a sellout he did a commercial!"
"Contraband wasn't UYI2!"
"Chinese Democracy will make Slash cry and bow down to god Axl"

I like Axl too. But get a life!

gnrevolution.com
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 12:36:12 AM »

slash is really keeping up with axl lately, i'd put slash's commercial up against everything gnr are doing.... not  rofl

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38:53 AM »

who cares, it was 10 years ago that the search for ROBIN FINCK started, FUCK YEAH!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 12:44:25 AM »

slash is really keeping up with axl lately, i'd put slash's commercial up against everything gnr are doing.... not  rofl

HAHAHA! DUDE! LOLZ YUR FUNNY!  beer beer

Axl's cancelled 2002 tour, riots, no album for 13 years, revolving lineup and barely functional PR really compare to Slash's many recent tours, his 3x Platnium album, his functional website and band PR, and his 2nd album that is likely coming out early next year.

NOT! LOLZ! PIZZONeD!1!!!

hihi

I like Axl more than I like Slash, but you guys are sad.

gnrevolution.com
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 12:56:17 AM »

The people who were "psyched" to see him do those ads are fuckin' pathetic too. ?If "One cheese dick commercial" doesn't kill it for ya,how many will it take??
 How about 5? Maybe some print ads? How 'bout seeing Slash hawking some T-Mobile phones w/ Catherine Zeta-Jones?!? ?

CZJ - "Ya know Slash,with Unlimited Minutes,you could catch up with ALL of your old friends." (wink)
 Slash - (smiling) "I know a few I'd like to reach out and touch."
 CZJ - "Well,you can talk as LONG as you like....especially to California and wherever else your friends might be touring."
 ?Slash - "Thanks Catherine!"

Shit,I could direct this fuckin' commercial! And bro,I was embarrassed way back when Slash was doing that shit with Michael "I have busy hands" Jackson.
 I remember screaming at the T.V. "YOU'RE IN GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB YOU LOOK??"

And now to hear that Pharrell is going to produce VR's next album. Duff says "It's gonna be funky." Scott? Weiland says "It's gonna be more danceable." Fuckin' please. It's fuckin' lame. PERIOD.
And,if Slash was SO happy with VR,he would ignore and dismiss every attempt in an interview and article to talk about a possible GN'R reunion and not show up at AXl's door practically begging to be let back into Guns.

To recap,Slash believes that:Scott is a "fraud",Duff is "spineless" and he "hates" Matt Sorum. Yeah! Sounds like Slash is doing just fine w/o Axl!! I can't wait for the Taco Bell commercials.

Fuck that,fuck Slash and fuck you. ?

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 01:35:21 AM »

The people who were "psyched" to see him do those ads are fuckin' pathetic too. ?If "One cheese dick commercial" doesn't kill it for ya,how many will it take??
 How about 5? Maybe some print ads? How 'bout seeing Slash hawking some T-Mobile phones w/ Catherine Zeta-Jones?!? ?

CZJ - "Ya know Slash,with Unlimited Minutes,you could catch up with ALL of your old friends." (wink)
 CZJ - "Well,you can talk as LONG as you like....especially to California and wherever else your friends might be touring."

Shit,I could direct this fuckin' commercial! And bro,I was embarrassed way back when Slash was doing that shit with Michael "I have busy hands" Jackson.

And now to hear that Pharrell is going to produce VR's next album. Duff says "It's gonna be funky." Scott? Weiland says "It's gonna be more danceable." Fuckin' please. It's fuckin' lame. PERIOD.
And,if Slash was SO happy with VR,he would ignore and dismiss every attempt in an interview and article to talk about a possible GN'R reunion and not show up at AXl's door practically begging to be let back into Guns.

To recap,Slash believes that:Scott is a "fraud",Duff is "spineless" and he "hates" Matt Sorum. Yeah! Sounds like Slash is doing just fine w/o Axl!! I can't wait for the Taco Bell commercials.

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT

Jeez, what a sad, sad post. If your name was correct and indeed you were a real fan then you'd appreciate Slash for the legend that he is and the qulaity work that he does. So what if hes in an advert, people recognise him and hes an icon. Slash sells, why should he not take advantage of it? At least hes not out biting people or whatever. So what if he worked with Michael Jackson? Richard Fortus has worked with fucking Nsync - what do you think of that?

'I remember screaming at the T.V. "YOU'RE IN GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB YOU LOOK??" '

You need to get out more.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 01:49:59 AM »

seems longer than 10 years to me....thats crazy
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 01:52:58 AM »

I was thinking of posting the same thing, but the former Commander & Chief beat me to it.

The only part that still saddens me is the fact that some people are still moaning over the breakup. Slash has been gone from GNR for 10 years, and he's not coming back.

Whatever happened, went down between Axl and Slash 10 yeas ago. Does it matter that much anymore?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
SADIS
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 04:24:32 AM »

I remember screaming at the T.V. "YOU'RE IN GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB YOU LOOK??"

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT

Stop emberassing yourself, it's pathetic. Wait until the Harley Davidson commercial with Better hits the screens. How cool is that, huh? It's the same cheesey crap.

Well, no Slash's commercial is less cheesey since he doesn't have a rock song under a vid with sheep in it. Slas just plays guitar in front of a car. Hey, I have an idea. We'll do a survey when both commercials are out and let's see which one the general public likes best?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT

Roll Eyes

Fucking pathetic

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 09:23:51 AM »

10 years ago, tomorrow........

Slash wasnt cool anymore.
 Undecided

Yeah and if Slash come back he will be cool again !!!
bahhh? no

Izzy left GN'R and didn't loose his coolness tho...

Some people got no respect at all for the former Guns... is amazing, GNR was big because of all of them, they are big and they will always be ! Axl didn't do all the past music by himself.

//JK
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 10:10:26 AM »

Undecided

bahhh? no

Some people got no respect at all for the former Guns... is amazing, GNR was big because of all of them, they are big and they will always be ! Axl didn't do all the past music by himself.

I support that, these guys forget why they even like Guns N roses nowadays....
If Slash and Izzy hadn't written so much great stuff were would Axl be, in some LA fucking remembrance band??? doing booze and drugs with someone that looked like Steven ADler??? Please people, these guys might be another phase of GN'R that's all I can grant you... If the name is famous is because those old guys worked their asses off....? Get the point

Seems nowadays it's easier to get in a band that has a big name already than to rise with a new one....? right?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:20:09 AM by MarioGunner » Logged

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »

Undecided

bahhh? no

Okay, i'm sorry. Gilby & Teddy Zig Zag were also cool...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 12:30:24 PM »

If GNR Adapted to the bullshit puss rock of the 80s we would never had appetite fior destruction.

? ?How could've they adapted to something......from nothing. Huh You can't adapt to something BEFORE you release a cd. That makes no sense. They either started as "puss rock" or they didn't.? And since they didn't,they chose to continue on from THAT point. Goodnight.

? ? ? ? MATT

no dude you said "ADAPT OR DIE - Thats how life is in all situations" and GNR went against the grain and neither adapted NOR died... so i win.? PAYCE WE OUTTA HERE!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 12:32:30 PM by the bucket » Logged

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »

That was a really sad, sad day. The worst in GN'R's history.  Cry

And the other sad thing is that some people act like stalinist, they're full of hatred against the guys who made Guns N' Roses with Axl. They wanna fulfill some needs they think that exist. How fuckin' pathetic. The decision to move this thread to the Dead Horse section was another sad move. Some people here don't really know what Guns N' Roses is, what it was. They call themselves 'real fans'. Keep on denying the truth.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »

also, i've realized i don't have a problem with slash doing a commerical.

after one of my favorite artists (ryan adams) did a gap commercials people were pissed as hell and his only response was "who the HELL says no to 30 grand an hour!?!"

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »

thats crazy, i cant believe its been 10 years, time flies

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2006, 11:22:01 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT

Jeez, what a sad, sad post. If your name was correct and indeed you were a real fan then you'd appreciate Slash for the legend that he is and the qulaity work that he does. So what if hes in an advert, people recognise him and hes an icon. Slash sells, why should he not take advantage of it? At least hes not out biting people or whatever. So what if he worked with Michael Jackson? Richard Fortus has worked with fucking Nsync - what do you think of that?

'I remember screaming at the T.V. "YOU'RE IN GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW DUMB YOU LOOK??" '

You need to get out more.

You dumb fuckin' bastard. I DO appreciate the quality of his previous work but, his current fuckin' "work" is playing guitar trying to sell Volkswagon cars. You call that being cool?!? You dumb shit.
And if YOU were a "real fan" also,you'd've been ashamed when he played w/ Michael Jackson too. Fuckin' Axl even said so after that shit too. Why would you lower yourself? That's what I feel when I see those fuckin' Volkswagon ads.
I would think you'd be pissed off,as I would,if we saw Axl do some dumb ass commercial. That won't happen. They could barely get the guy to be a presenter at the VMA's,probably 'cause he was worried he'd look DUMB. Just like Slash is RIGHT NOW. Doesn't matter what he's done. It'as about NOW. It tarnishes you image and all that you've worked for if you LOWER yourself. Would you be comfortable seeing Slash do an Infomercial?

And to repeat myself,it's one thing to have your music played in a commercial,ala "PC" or "Better" for Harley Davidson and it is an ENTIRE DIFFERENT SCENARIO? to stand there and ith your guitar plugged in and wearing your top hat and sell your fuckin' soul for some easy fuckin' cash. Slash wil be in GN'R if Axl LETS him. Get the fuck over it. Slash walked away and now he fuckin' regrets it. He should get over it as well.

And Fortus never played with N'Sync on stage,stupid ass.

? ? ? ? ? ? MATT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: