Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:16:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The checkmate clip may be prostitute?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The checkmate clip may be prostitute?  (Read 31987 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2006, 09:49:51 PM »

Maybe it's 'Sorry'

Bach said Axl sounds real clear (which he does) over dungeon metal...

Really really does not sound like metal.. or even close to Doom metal. Doom metal has a slow grinding beat.. nothing like that in this clip.

Unless theres some huge change up.

gnrevolution.com
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2006, 12:01:45 AM »

so noone has answered how they know about the general yet
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2006, 12:09:50 AM »

They don't.

Brian or Dizzy said something about it's drums a long time ago. Thats all we know.

And that it was worked on by Marco Beltrami.

Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs.

gnrevolution.com
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2006, 12:15:04 AM »

They don't.

Brian or Dizzy said something about it's drums a long time ago. Thats all we know.

Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs.

ahh alright
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »

I'm going to say very little about this, and if people don't want to believe me they don't want to, but here's a basic outline - without giving names of people involved - regarding the leaks. I know who leaked IRS - someone involved with the band itself told me how it all happened - and I also know that we would have had a full quality version in 2005 (when the first low-qual demo was put online as a rip from Trunk's show), but someone made a boo-boo and rushed ahead and did something he wasn't supposed to and that's why we were stuck with the shitty version for a year. I don't know exactly who released the 2006 demos but I do know at least three different people had IRS a full year earlier.

After the first three leaked online in 2006 (IRS, Better, TWAT) people began expecting new leaks. Management asked us not to spread them but oddly enough they didn't take much initiative apart from this if you'd noticed. Anyway, I don't know this for certain, but apparently someone who had access to more songs thought this was a safe time to leak tracks - since three others had been leaked without anyone getting "caught." So this guy began sending clips of CITR. This guy was NOT the same person who leaked the first three clips (I still think they were leaked by management as promotion.) Apparently management realized more unplanned leaks were going to happen so they began sending out people to the forums to find out who was leaking the song(s).

I was one of the first people to get CITR. I was asked to post it on MyGNRForum and I didn't because I would have gotten banned. But I got it from someone who was in the middle of trading for Prostitute. So I knew then that the clip was out there, because the guy who was trading was the one who had given me CITR so I knew he wasn't lying.

CITR was initially posted as a 20-second preview or something and if you notice the Checkmate clip was about the same length. Furthermore they're of the same quality.

In my opinion Checkmate is definitely Prostitute and was leaked from the same guy who first leaked CITR. In my opinion, he was discovered by management before he could leak the whole song. Or he got scared and stopped. Maybe they threatened him. Management began sending people to the forums AND monitoring private messages after CITR's preview was first posted. When I told some people that I knew who had CITR I got a flurry of random messages on HTGTH and MyGNR asking me if I knew the name of the guy and asking me for more info on the whole thing - personal details. They weren't interested in getting the song, they just wanted to know who had it. It freaked me out and I ignored them all, but it was pretty obvious something was going on. A few days later everything died down and no more leaks happened. But I believe Checkmate is Prostitute.

Checkmate was a reference to the game of chess. Whoever leaked the clip was calling management's bluff. They probably threatened him and he posted that afterwards as a way of giving them the middle finger. But maybe they weren't bluffing after all.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 12:33:51 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2006, 01:02:13 AM »

Cool smoking

Nice story

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2006, 01:08:54 AM »

So who were the first people to get their hot little hands on these demos around here?  Who had contact with "AGENT X" or whatever?

I'm buggin about how these things got out there.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2006, 01:24:52 AM »

So who were the first people to get their hot little hands on these demos around here?? Who had contact with "AGENT X" or whatever?

citr was emailed to ppl on the forums.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2006, 01:25:57 AM »

So who were the first people to get their hot little hands on these demos around here?  Who had contact with "AGENT X" or whatever?

Certain people had it days before that...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2006, 01:30:41 AM »

So who were the first people to get their hot little hands on these demos around here?? Who had contact with "AGENT X" or whatever?

They all did. Most of them didnt know  they had it in their email.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2006, 02:19:05 AM »

I'm more interested in knowing who this Agent X is. CITR and Prostitute must have come from somewhere. Perhaps we can expect a couple of more leaks if CD 2006 fails to happen.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2006, 02:39:46 AM »

They all did. Most of them didnt know  they had it in their email.

I didn't find out till two days after the leak  Undecided

I wanted to be the leaker! Haha.

gnrevolution.com
Steel_Angel
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006, 07:50:23 AM »

They all did. Most of them didnt know? they had it in their email.

I didn't find out till two days after the leak? Undecided

I wanted to be the leaker! Haha.
i didnt know till a few months, felt bad.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 08:38:21 AM »

hmm, I seemed to have missed the Checkmate clip you all speak of....this is reletively new right?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2006, 08:41:54 AM »

hmm, I seemed to have missed the Checkmate clip you all speak of....this is reletively new right?

Not really... it came out over the summer.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:39 AM »

Not really... it came out over the summer.
oh right i wasnt online a lot then. that explains it. Good ost RR by the way. very interesting stuff. I love the idea of management sending out folk to m onitor these message boards, classic Orwell!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2006, 10:03:37 AM »

I thought it was pretty bad-ass.

How can you tell from 16 seconds?

What do you mean, 16 seconds is plenty of time to decide if something sounds badass. Listen to 16 seconds of welcome to the jungle's intro.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2006, 10:19:22 AM »

What do you mean, 16 seconds is plenty of time to decide if something sounds badass. Listen to 16 seconds of welcome to the jungle's intro.

Well if you had only heard the first 16 seconds of Better, I would bet you would've said it was crap.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2006, 10:33:14 AM »

They don't.

Dizzy said in an interview that "the general" is his favorite track... it's rumoured to be based on a creative output by BRAIN...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »

Ok listen to 4:20-4:36 of COMA and tell me if it sounds kick ass

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: