Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Frozen Inferno is no longer with us
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frozen Inferno is no longer with us  (Read 19797 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 04:40:06 PM »

did russian roulette also delete his account or was he banned?
Deleted. no

damn shame that is, i know i almost did it myself when i was pissed but then i have calmed down for a couple of days, i miss that dude yes
EFISH
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »

Oh, he's still around. Just not bringing attention to himself.  Wink
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

as a guest or a member? PM me about it if it's a secret hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 06:21:13 PM »

Oh, he's still around. Just not bringing attention to himself.  Wink

Are you sure? Cause I believe I banned his IP...

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 09:25:51 AM »

Oh, he's still around. Just not bringing attention to himself. Wink

Are you sure? Cause I believe I banned his IP...

aint you the big man?

i think its crazy that HTGTH is driving away some of its oldest users/  users with most posts.

i read in the karma thread here frozen inferno got -ve karma "for being frozen inferno".

thats a direct quote from jarmo.

its just crazy, why after all this time start censoring stuff that people already know its fucking stupid!!!!!!!! rant

i ranted about the censorship for a while, when it first happened, but coming here to the help section and reading about guys who are leaving due to freedom of speech issues just makes me get angry again.

rock n roll is against censorship, its anti-establishment.

can someone tel me what GnR is again?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:30 AM »

i think its crazy that HTGTH is driving away some of its oldest users/  users with most posts.

i read in the karma thread here frozen inferno got -ve karma "for being frozen inferno".

thats a direct quote from jarmo.

Crazy? It just means everybody should respect our rules.

Frozen inferno is an attention seeker.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 09:59:06 AM »

Oldest users? The guy was here for like six months.

users with most posts.

Ain't that an incredible achievement.  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 12:52:21 PM »

Oldest users? The guy was here for like six months.

users with most posts.

Ain't that an incredible achievement.  Tongue

I don't need to add anything to this post. It's exactly what I'd post if Genesis wouldn't have done it first.

snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 11:38:10 PM »

Uh...  Admins can read PMs on most forum software programs, this one's probably no different.  I'd stick with email.  Lips Sealed
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 01:35:06 AM »

Uh...  Admins can read PMs on most forum software programs, this one's probably no different.  I'd stick with email.  Lips Sealed

Actually no they cant.
EFISH
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 01:37:09 AM »

Technically, they can change your password to whatever they want, then log on to your account and check your PMs. But they cant just change it back after, and they cant just go around checking people's PMs. But I think its possible somehow, because when CITR leaked, I beleive management was allowed access to all PMs at HTGTH. That could be wrong info, but I'm pretty sure I read it in an article.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 02:43:24 AM »

Technically, they can change your password to whatever they want, then log on to your account and check your PMs. But they cant just change it back after, and they cant just go around checking people's PMs. But I think its possible somehow, because when CITR leaked, I beleive management was allowed access to all PMs at HTGTH. That could be wrong info, but I'm pretty sure I read it in an article.

This never happened.

And you can't read PM's unless you change somebody's password. But if you do that, the poster will never be able to login with his account again.

But trust me, when we ban a moron, we have no interest in his pm's... And I don't remember us banning any smart guys....

snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 03:36:30 AM »

Uh...? Admins can read PMs on most forum software programs, this one's probably no different.? I'd stick with email.? Lips Sealed

Actually no they cant.

Lemme guess... you're an Admin somewhere?? ?Grin?

I'm an Admin on a couple of boards, and the owner and/or Admin with access to the SQL Database can read PMs (it can be a pain in the butt, but they can certainly do it).? Some software packages make it really easy (and I doubt that this one is one of them, so don't panic!) -- they come with a nifty little menu item that will allow an Admin (but not a Mod) to log on as any user at the click of a button and do anything that user can do, and that doesn't require knowing or changing the password.? However, unless your profile is set to log on as invisible, the user will show as being logged on.? And if the user is banned, the person becoming that user will probably be blocked as well.? It's funny how few people know this (and how many Admins deny it).? But there really isn't a lot of abuse of the above feature, considering an Admin can post and PM as any user -- or at least I've never heard anybody on the Net ever report seeing a post or PM send under their name that wasn't their's.?

But, as Christos said, an Admin will have little time and interest in doing anything close to monitoring PMs, which is impossible on a board this busy, anyway.? However, if an Admin really wants to put in the effort, PMs can be read.?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 03:44:47 AM by snooze72 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 06:43:59 PM »

This is fucking slander!

We never read anybody's personal messages unless somebody forwards one to us. Sometimes people insult, harrass and threaten others and that's when we might get PMs forwarded to us.

We do not login to other people's accounts, we do not let anybody access other people's accounts and so on.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I don't care if it would be possible to read PMs, we do not do it. We have our integrity and value the integrity of other posters here.

I don't care how low opinions you have of this board, but get your fucking facts straight before you accuse us of something this insulting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Acousing you? Dude, no I am not.

I was just answering his question that...
It is POSSIBLE for an admin to read the PMs if he changes your password. Of course no admin would do that because then the member wouldnt even be able to log in himself! No way was I acousing, just stating a fact. I know this because I run a board on SMF.

2. I am not acousing about the Catcher In The Rye thing. I wasnt even here. I was in military school.  ok I was just saying what I *thought* I read.
I don't care how low opinions you have of this board, but get your fucking facts straight before you accuse us of something this insulting.
3. My opinion of this board is VERY high and I always stand up for it. Why do you think I spend so much time here!

Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

You said you believe management was allowed access to PMs and you used some "article" as a source, which basicaly means you're keeping the bullshit story alive.

I don't know where you read this so called article.

/jarmo

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 07:18:24 PM »

that's the most ridiculous piece of information I've ever heard. "pretty sure I read it an article"

You really shouldn't throw things like that around when you don't understand how message boards work (and even though you have one, you obviously don't understand how the software works and what not.)

I'm not sure how you could say you like this place and then turn around and actually post that you think management was allowed access to all the PM's on this board - that's so far beyond ridiculous.

EFISH
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »

I'm fucking positive I read in an article or on another board. I got back from Massachussets on March 13th and I heard the leaks, and I listened for a few days, and then searched the net for some information where I know I read that. I wasnt acousing, and fully beleive Jarmo if he simply denies it. I never doubted Jarmo, if he says its false, I beleive him.

Fuck, why dont you chill out?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 07:24:33 PM »

I'm fucking positive I read in an article or on another board. I got back from Massachussets on March 13th and I heard the leaks, and I listened for a few days, and then searched the net for some information where I know I read that. I wasnt acousing, and fully beleive Jarmo if he simply denies it. I never doubted Jarmo, if he says its false, I beleive him.

Fuck, why dont you chill out?

I read in an article that Slash was the creative force behind Guns N' Roses. You don't see me posting that, do you? No, because it's CRAP. Just because you read it in an article it doesn't mean you're excused from using common fucking sense when posting.

EFISH
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2006, 07:25:38 PM »

Well I read that they were given access to the PMs to trace the source of the CITR leak. I now know its not true, but when I read it, it sounded pretty reasonable to me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: