Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Meeting the band...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting the band...  (Read 25003 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

was his hand sweaty ?  hihi

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »

was his hand sweaty ?? hihi

Not at all! LOL

was really soft LOL  rofl

If the world would end today... Wink
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »

OH MY GOD!  You have Axl's germs all over you!  Lips Sealed

I wonder what kind of lotion he uses.  hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »

Thank you Dead Horse, you made me smile.  We're ever at a concert I want to be by you!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2006, 11:35:01 PM »

The next person who meets Axl needs to tell him the new songs blow Appetite outta the water, just so he has the confidence to get CD released soon.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2006, 12:10:03 AM »

Honestly, if I saw Axl like before a show or something, and he held out his hand to me... I'd probably either A. faint or B. piss my pants. confused

LMAO LMAO...I've always said if I met him I'd be scared I'd do the same. Or  just busting out in tears or puking. Puking on Axl's red shoes wouldn't be very good would it?   drool   I'd prolly look like a real dork if I just busted into tears as well. Honestly, I think I'd be shock to meet him (more than a handshake type deal) that I'd be too stunned to say all the things I've always wanted to say to him.

Very cool he awk. you btw!

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2006, 01:21:37 AM »

Hell, I was starstruck just talking to his neighbor.  Tongue
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2006, 02:07:46 AM »

Not at all! LOL

God, I love you guys!   rofl  Dead Horse, that's so awesome, and I completely understand your excitement.  I think if I ever got to shake Axl's hand, I'd be grinning like a complete idiot.

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2006, 02:24:14 AM »

was his hand sweaty ?? hihi

Not at all! LOL

was really soft LOL? rofl

OH MY GOD!? You have Axl's germs all over you!? Lips Sealed

I wonder what kind of lotion he uses.? hihi

God, I love you guys!? ?rofl? Dead Horse, that's so awesome, and I completely understand your excitement.? I think if I ever got to shake Axl's hand, I'd be grinning like a complete idiot.

Thanks everyone for understand my exictement, I mean, it was really something, I had been waiting  like 13 years  for that moment to arise and it finally happened, now i can die easy  nervous

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2006, 02:44:43 AM »

Thanks everyone for understand my exictement, I mean, it was really something, I had been waiting  like 13 years  for that moment to arise and it finally happened, now i can die easy  nervous

Oh yeah man i'd go off if I met Axl!!!

I mean I went off when i found out my guitar teacher when out drinking with slash once...and that was just like me going off by proxy and association  rofl

Annie
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2006, 02:56:40 AM »

After my amazing experience on Saturday I was even more blown away on Sunday. I decided to get in line at 4:30pm so that I could be in front again. I met some really cool people and we were all great about holding our spots in line for bathroom breaks. I go to the bathroom and I decide to go to the little snack shop near Starbuck's for some pretzels . I am walking by the JOint and who do I see but Del James! So I say, "Excuse me but are you Del James?" He says " YES I am." I then proceed to tell him what a great writer he is, that I think he is a modern day Charles Dickens,, and He say no he isn't and I say Yes he is, and that I loved his story about the drug addict in The Language of Fear. He holds my hand and asks my name. I say Annie and that he should write a screenplay of GUNSNROSES CHRISTMAS CAROL and that Axl could play Scrooge. He laughs and then I say that I didn't want to take up more of his time and that it was a dream come true for me to meet him, and that NOVEMBER RAIN is my all time favorite. I can't believe that I met Axl's best friend!!! A little while laTER  Dizzy walks by the line and I shriek Dizzy and freak him out. It was pretty funny. I managed to get up front again and both Ron Thal and Robin Finck smile at me during the concert. I even get to touch both of their guitars! It was simply amazing! hihi
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2006, 02:57:29 AM »

I mean I went off when i found out my guitar teacher when out drinking with slash once...and that was just like me going off by proxy and association  rofl

My guitar teacher said he lived right next door to, or very close to GNR back in the 80s.  I don't know if it was the Hell House or not, but I still like to go around saying that to people.  He said that he was kinda wishy-washy about them at first, but then his friends took him to one of the small clubs they were playing at, and he was like "Whoa!" after that.  He also said he was always afraid someone was gonna end up dying.   hihi
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:00:09 AM by Kaleigh » Logged

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2006, 02:57:57 AM »

I saw Del James on Saturday afternoon at the Hard Rock with a luggage cart.   But I didn't approach him.

I did approach Robin Finck however and he was a real stand up guy  Cool 

cool story!
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2006, 02:58:21 AM »

Great story! Im sure many of us fans are going to have some kick ass stories over the next few months.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Annie
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2006, 03:01:57 AM »

I was very lucky and No I didn't say anything to Axl but I waved!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

I feel like suicide!

It's a great story mate! Glad you got to shake the man's hand! But it was the last line of your story that worried me buddy! I think suicide is the last thing you should feel like after something that great has happened to you! Mike

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2006, 07:46:01 AM »

I briefly met Dizzy Reed in a backstage party and saw Axl leaving the backstage area in July. It was very cool. peace

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
sammerc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »

Not at all! LOL

God, I love you guys!   rofl  Dead Horse, that's so awesome, and I completely understand your excitement.  I think if I ever got to shake Axl's hand, I'd be grinning like a complete idiot.

I love your story DEAD HORSE! I also got to chat with some of the band members but when I finally got Axl's attention....after the conversation was done I turned around and the waterworks started! And I felt  that "MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!"- and didn't wash my hand after shaking his all night....then proceded to get drunk and forgot ....and my AXL germs went down the drain in New Yorks scummy bar bathroom!

you know i know better!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2006, 08:05:22 PM »

I feel like suicide!

It's a great story mate! Glad you got to shake the man's hand! But it was the last line of your story that worried me buddy! I think suicide is the last thing you should feel like after something that great has happened to you! Mike

Just jokin buddy! Thanks tho!  ok 

Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm a student at the Danish School of Journalism, and I'm working on a portrait piece on Axl.

I'm looking for people who's actually met him, and preferably more than just shaken his hand or gotten an autograph. (Which I haven't, and it's ultra cool if you have - but I can't use that as source material for my piece.)

So tell me and everyone else about your stories and your impression with him - as a person, rather than as a singer and leader of GN'R. I don't care if you met him in 1986, 1991 or 2006. Any time, anywhere is awesome.

Thank you very much in advance!
( - also for letting this be a positive and interesting thread without pointless arguments going on!)

Mikkel Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: