Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Meeting the band...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting the band...  (Read 25006 times)
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: June 25, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »

I hate to sound like a total fangirl here, but what the hell, I am....

I'm going to see the band in Newcastle soon and from reading the boards I know a lot of you guys have managed to get to say hi to the band pre or post gig.?

Just wondering if anyone had any tips on best ways to go about meeting them?? Even advice on which band members are most approachable and warnings of anyone I shouldn't approach!? And for the super elite...how did you go about getting into the aftershow parties??

I know we all get excited about meeting Axl or any other band member but let's just try to keep it more organised. Having 4 threads in the main section about the same topic is kinda useless, so please post your own personal story here. .- Ignatius.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:23:14 AM by Ignatius » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »

Ron is the easiest and he is the easiest to find after the show. Axl is the hardest to approach

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »

From concerts, I have been to not just GNR, you have to wear the sexiest most reveling clothes possible, and interect in the between acts, boob-flashing. If you can handle doing that and you get noticed by the right guy, more than likely you will be going backstage.
I just dont understand why I can never go backstage? Maybe its for the fact I'm a man with a hairy chest. hihi

Anyways, just go to the show and be thankful you had the opportunity to see this band jam. If you however get to see one of the members take that as a perk. Somtimes the best things happen in life when you least espect them.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 01:16:49 PM »

It's funny, people really want to meet them ane yet, has anyone wondered  :

Would you even LIKE them if you met them ?

Nothing to say
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »

It's funny, people really want to meet them ane yet, has anyone wondered? :

Would you even LIKE them if you met them ?

Who knows?  Point is, I'd like to have the chance to find that out! 
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »

From concerts, I have been to not just GNR, you have to wear the sexiest most reveling clothes possible, and interect in the between acts, boob-flashing. If you can handle doing that and you get noticed by the right guy, more than likely you will be going backstage.
I just dont understand why I can never go backstage? Maybe its for the fact I'm a man with a hairy chest. hihi

Anyways, just go to the show and be thankful you had the opportunity to see this band jam. If you however get to see one of the members take that as a perk. Somtimes the best things happen in life when you least espect them.

Haha Smiley  Not sure my boyfriend would be all that impressed if I got my tits out for Axl!  He's probably half expecting it though Wink

I am totally with you when you say just be grateful to see the band, and believe me, I am Smiley  I've seen them 3 times now and I never stop being fucking grateful that they're up there doing what they're doing Cheesy  Just gonna try, if I can to get one of those perks you're talking about!  I won't be disappointed if I don't get to meet them, it'd just be nice, is all.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »

you know
you get WAY more out a concert than from meeting the band (even tho they're nice as hell).

other option: be a model and get picked up by the management.

tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »

I didn't really get to me any band members at the show I went to on May 15th at Hammerstein.  But Robin Finck went crowd surfing rightover me so that was more than I expected.  Just enjoy the show and maybe you'll get lucky and meet some of the members.

la la  la la
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »

you know
you get WAY more out a concert than from meeting the band (even tho they're nice as hell).

other option: be a model and get picked up by the management.

C'mon, of course I know that!  I'm not going to be bothered if I don't meet the band, I'll enjoy the show and have an excellent time anyway.  I'm not some fucking groupie who won't relax till she's seen the inside of Axl's hotpants! 

The music is what matters to me and if I get chance to meet those who provide me with it, then great.  If not, I won't lose any sleep over it. 
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »

I've always wondered if the people who meet the band, do so in the arena, outside or at a pub after the show. Anyone know?
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »

I've always wondered if the people who meet the band, do so in the arena, outside or at a pub after the show. Anyone know?

And that, is exactly what I'm asking here!  Just for hints and tips on meeting them if I so desire...not to be kinda patted on the head and told that I should just concentrate on having a good time - which, incidentally, I totally intend to do anyway Cheesy 

So yeah, people...if you have met the band, how did you go about doing it?  Was it pure chance or did you hang around anywhere specific? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »

Met Robin while sightseeing in Lisbon and also met him while I was waiting for the emo bands to end their sets at Download....

Bumblefoot was outside the Hammersmith Apollo signing autographs, posing for photos and feeding hungry fans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 02:35:28 PM »

Want to know my fool proof way of meeting someone?

Have a present for them Grin

I had one to give to Tommy Stinson when he played in Atlanta (solo tour..not with GNR but he was a member of GNR) and the venue was a bar so no security also helped.

But if you show up at an afterparty and the band shows up and you want to get a "one on one" for a minute...have a simple gift ready....such as I gave Tommy a coffee mug and a shirt from my city and he loved it and we talked for a while Wink
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 12:23:04 AM »

2 words for you:  stage door.  It worked for me!  Also, as far as after parties, from personal experience, I would have to say 50% gossip/groupie/stalking behavior, 50% dumb luck.  I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what happens (after all, it is a GNR concert), but best of luck to you!   peace
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »

2 words for you:? stage door.? It worked for me!? Also, as far as after parties, from personal experience, I would have to say 50% gossip/groupie/stalking behavior, 50% dumb luck.? I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what happens (after all, it is a GNR concert), but best of luck to you!? ?peace

Your helping me meet Axl in the fall.. Grin

Although Im sure my presence wouldn't last too long...

Axl: "Who the fuck invited Kurt Cobain...this is my fuckin' party!"... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »

2 words for you:  stage door.  It worked for me!  Also, as far as after parties, from personal experience, I would have to say 50% gossip/groupie/stalking behavior, 50% dumb luck.  I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what happens (after all, it is a GNR concert), but best of luck to you!   peace

Your helping me meet Axl in the fall.. Grin

Although Im sure my presence wouldn't last too long...

Axl: "Who the fuck invited Kurt Cobain...this is my fuckin' party!"... hihi

Come back to NY & I'll be happy to!   ok  Maybe you could just wear a tshirt that says "I'm not haunting you, I swear!" 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »

i agree.. that's a pretty good way to do it..  i saw several times where Axl would notice certain girls in the crowd!!

Grin Cheesy

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:19:41 PM »

Bumblefoot tends to hang around by the backstage door after just about every show.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »

I am going to the Manchester gig and it is my aim to be bitten by Axl Rose. ok

Wish me luck...
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »

This is the problem with big bands, they're harder to meet. 

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: