Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:01:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GA Floor manners..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GA Floor manners..  (Read 9378 times)
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »

At Hammerstein on the 15th I was one "row" back from the railing. The girl ahead of me said that if she gets shoved against the railing she is go to kick and throw elbows behind her. Me, not liking this course of action, told her that if she does that I will punch her right in the back of her fat head. She looked at me in astonishment and I told her that if 2,000 people push forward I'm not holding them back, and if she thinking I'm kidding, throw an elbow.

I don't give a shit if you are a man or a woman, if you start kicking me and punching me you are going to get tossed around.

No kicks or elbows were thrown.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »

The floor sucks if you get too close. You are behind the speakers and really cant hear as good than if you were further back. Plus being front row for GA you alwyas get squished and its not fun bc u are not enjoying teh show, you are just trying to surive.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »

Well, if you plan on spending the show against the rail you have to expect to be impacted by the crowd surging. ?If you think everyone is going to just stand there and be polite then you are nuts. ?I personally usually just edge up one of the sides where the crowd isn't as thick. ?I have seen 5 shows of GA this year and I am kind of glad to be sitting for MSG. ?I would expect that crowd to be VERY nuts.
EFISH
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »

The floor sucks if you get too close. You are behind the speakers and really cant hear as good than if you were further back. Plus being front row for GA you alwyas get squished and its not fun bc u are not enjoying teh show, you are just trying to surive.
I was in the very front for both shows I was at and none of that ^^ occured. I wasnt being pushed, the sound was great, and I was 2 feet away from my favorite fucking band!  Smiley
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »

I like GA, it gives you more room to rock out and be wild and just have a great time while enjoying your favorite band... some people are different though, I think next time I see Gn'R I will probably go with seats since I had GA twice.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »

I last about fifteen seconds in the front row, dead center at May 12 Hammer. The crowd surge following the opening rumbles of Jungle churned, twisted, and squeezed me to the point where my only escape was a jump and pull over the railing. Thank god for very strong and attentive security. Quiet heroes.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Yeah, I've seen GA GNR 3 times this year, I know what Axl looks like up close, from here on out it's good seats.

T
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »

I was up front and center last night against the railing. Robin Finck threw me a water bottle, I picked on Bumblefoot's guitar for like 3 seconds, it was mint. I do hate the shoving and shit though.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
wadernation
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »

Well my whole thing is that I really want to drink before. So I may just take the route of going late and trying to mingle my way to the front.

there is only one worlds most dangerous man
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »

Ebb and flow... ebb and flow
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »

GA is a free for all...I got to jersey early to get a spot in the front row...I had to piss like crazy for 5 hours...but i didnt leave...it would be nice if people see you leave on your way out and when you come back, they let you back to the front,,considering you got there so early....but life is not like that....i held it till my bladder almost burst for the entire show...because GA is a free for all.....oh I cant stand people who get there late and charge through the whole crowd...just got to stop them thats all...its been my experience if you get to the front agaisnt the gate...there are less assholes because security is 2 feet from you...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »

Going to make this short and sweet...why do people think that they can leave the floor and automatically come back to the same spot they were at, or come into the show late and push by people to get to the front? To me, the floor is first come, first serve. If you leave your spot to go pit, it's just like NASCAR-get to the back of the line. If you're trying to barge though me, expect to get shoved away. If you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants. If you are short, get a fucking seat. I've stood in line too long at these shows to have some asshat that thinks they are special trying to take my spot. Has not worked yet, and it won't in the future.

T

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.  Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.   
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 10:57:25 PM »

Going to make this short and sweet...why do people think that they can leave the floor and automatically come back to the same spot they were at, or come into the show late and push by people to get to the front? To me, the floor is first come, first serve. If you leave your spot to go pit, it's just like NASCAR-get to the back of the line. If you're trying to barge though me, expect to get shoved away. If you don't have the sack to piss right there on the floor, then piss your pants. If you are short, get a fucking seat. I've stood in line too long at these shows to have some asshat that thinks they are special trying to take my spot. Has not worked yet, and it won't in the future.

T

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.? Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.? ?
I don't complain at all at the show, I just simply do not give up my spot or try to advance any further ahead. I hold my ground and WATCH the show....imagine that!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:02:21 PM by TurboTravis » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 10:59:49 PM »

I was in the very front for both shows I was at and none of that ^^ occured. I wasnt being pushed, the sound was great, and I was 2 feet away from my favorite fucking band!? Smiley

yeah but when you are 5'4 140 you get killed. Ask Erik he had to get pulled out at Hammerstein for getting pinned against the railing

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 11:02:03 PM »

T

I don't complain at all at the show, I just simply do not give up my spot or try to advance any further ahead. I hold my ground and WATCH the show....imagine that!

You don't belong on the floor at a GNR concert! Go to a Britney Spears show if you want to wait in line forever and and expect to keep your spot upfront.? Nothing more anoying than someone bithcing at a rock and roll show about someone trying to get close to the stage.? ?

Travis arent  you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 11:03:40 PM »

For big concerts I tend to stay about 3 or 4 rows back.. this avoids being crushed against the barrier and the stupid fuckers at the front few rows fighting to get front and center.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »

T

Travis arent? you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

I all ready posted a thread earlier about that. Thought you saw it. Basically thought the drinks were on my friends tab, and offered to send a check to whoever covered it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 11:06:13 PM »

For big concerts I tend to stay about 3 or 4 rows back.. this avoids being crushed against the barrier and the stupid fuckers at the front few rows fighting to get front and center.

Right. I usually stand in the center of the floor right in front of the huge speakers. You can see much better if you are short like me. I bet all the ppl that think its great being up front and claim they dont get pushed away are six feet tall and around 160, those are usually the ppl that push ppl like me and other short ppl out of the way

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 11:07:54 PM »

T

Travis arent? you the guy who stiffed the waitress $16 and didnt pay for your drinks?

I all ready posted a thread earlier about that. Thought you saw it. Basically thought the drinks were on my friends tab, and offered to send a check to whoever covered it.

No I didnt see it. Sorry. We all chipped in 2 bucks to cover it. The waitress was worried we were gonna stiff her. See ya at msg
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:10:11 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

EFISH
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 11:11:14 PM »

Right. I usually stand in the center of the floor right in front of the huge speakers. You can see much better if you are short like me. I bet all the ppl that think its great being up front and claim they dont get pushed away are six feet tall and around 160, those are usually the ppl that push ppl like me and other short ppl out of the way
I'm by no means 6 feet tall, and was the youngest one down there, and like I stated... had no problems at both shows.  yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: