Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 15124 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 06:26:48 AM »

Obviously everyone will be disapointed...

TWAT, Maddy, Better, are all class songs so why would you be happy if nothing else on the record is better?!?!?!
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 06:30:10 AM »

Of all the songs we have heard none of them were worth waiting this long for.... IMO....
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 06:31:53 AM »

That album will be a killer i think (hope) ?Roll Eyes
By the way: Everybody is always talking about it being NOT a double album (13 songs theory). We have been told so many crap by management and Gnr that it could easily be that we will recive:
-a double album or (at least) more that 13 tracks
- a dvd included

Brgds

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 06:34:26 AM »

That album will be a killer i think (hope) ?Roll Eyes
By the way: Everybody is always talking about it being NOT a double album (13 songs theory). We have been told so many crap by management and Gnr that it could easily be that we will recive:
-a double album or (at least) more that 13 tracks
- a dvd included

Brgds

yeah a DVD or a double disc would make it worth the wait... but if the cd has just mixed and finalized versions of the songs we have heard since 2001 i would just download the thing.....
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 06:40:21 AM »

Of the songs that do seem very likely to be on the album, i only really like better, twat, and the blues. i'd like citr & omg on there but that seems unlikely. i'd also like more hard rockers like better. 

I would'nt do that if I were you.
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 07:34:53 AM »

This isnt a VR vs GNR thread so no one even think of doing it.

I remember when Slither leaked and when we found out it was the first single, many of us were extremely bummed out.

Slither in my opinion turned out to not be the best song on the album.

That being said, If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?

I'd be content, but not "happy." I recall some talk somewhere along the way that none of those leaks were considered the top flight material. By the way, Better is not the best leak ... it's Catcher in the Rye. Catcher and The Blues are the best new songs. Better is cool though. If all the songs are at the level of those, CD will be a very solid record. For CD to be superior, classic, etc., there will need to be songs above those. Like two or three.

With you all the way man. citr is awesome!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »

if there isnt songs better than the demos than i will be VERY dissapointed, cause i dont think the leaked songs are that great. Or any of the other ones hes only played live, like chinese dem, maddy and all that.

i wish he'd get out of ghetto beats syndrome.

Great guitar playing however.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »

For me the greatest GNR songs arent wttj or scom

my favsare Estranged,coma,The Blues and Madagascar

CITR is my fav leak, so much heart and emotion in it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »

Now that we MAY be getting closer to a release, I wish I had not downloaded the leaks (or listened to the live stuff).  I think the album will sound less dramatic because half of the songs will probably not be surprises.  There is something special about that first time (or first few times) you sit down and play a new CD front-to-back and are completely blown away and surprised by sounds or songs you have never heard before. 

So, I can appreciate part of the reason why Axl and management have tried to keep everything under wraps.  It's like opening Christmas presents early:  there is an immediate gratification, but, in the long run, it kinda spoils the day itself.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2006, 10:08:22 AM »

I'd be happy with TWAT, Better, IRS, CD, Madagascar, The Blues, CITR

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 10:13:24 AM »

I would be disapointed, but it is of no fault of Axl's.  If the leaks were unintentional, then we kind of spoiled the surprise of a portion of the Chinese Democracy songs.  If CD does get released someday, I am hoping there will be new songs I have never heard that will blow me away. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »

I remember when Slither leaked and when we found out it was the first single, many of us were extremely bummed out.

That being said, If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?

I honestly believe that "Better" is one of the greatest GNR songs I've ever heard. Having said that, if the rest of the album was even close I'd be overjoyed!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:59 AM »

Yes and no.

We've already heard demos of songs like TWAT & CITR, which despite whether or not they'll be on CD, they are obviously instant-masterpieces.

I'm sure Axl's got some other big guns in store for the album. Plus, personally, I think Madagascar is a better song, than Better, and Madagascar will be on the album.

But just imagining 'what if'... if Better was the best song we're gonna hear... I would be disappointed. Better is a great rocker, and an awesome song, but it's certaintly not worth a 15 year wait for original material.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »

I honestly believe that "Better" is one of the greatest GNR songs I've ever heard. Having said that, if the rest of the album was even close I'd be overjoyed!

you havent heard much of GnR have you?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »

Of all the songs we have heard none of them were worth waiting this long for.... IMO....

I agree.  All the leaks are good songs, but not GREAT.  Thats how I feel about VR.  The album came out, the singles were released, it kinda just came and went.

It'd be sad if a GNR released an album, it did ok and then in 2 years nobody cared about the songs.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 01:49:06 PM »

I like all the songs we've heard, including Pitmans masterpiece, Silk Worms. I would be a little disappointed if there were no better songs on the album, but that's most likely because the wait have been so long and the hype built so high. However, I truly belive there will be atleast 1 song on Chinese Democracy that will put everything else to shame.

Bottom line, if we get 3 albums of the type of material we've heard, I'll be thrilled. But I don't think that will happen, there will be better songs.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »

I think the leaked songs is up to the standard of a Use your illusion 3.  love

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

At this point I'm not expecting it to be the greatest album ever.  I think the longer the wait time, the higher expectations will be.  But God knows how old some of these songs are going to be in terms of when they were written.  Those expecting it to be like the second coming of christ are going to be in for a let down  Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2006, 01:56:51 PM »

I expect it to be a damn fine album. But not earth shattering.

Hope I turn out to be wrong.
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »

- IRS, The Blues, Madagascar and Catcher In the Rye have the potencial to be as legendary as the old tunes

- TWAT has the potential to be a great song (maybe legendary if they change the 1st part)

- Chinese Democracy has the potencial to become a good rock song (if they keep the new intro)

- However I don't believe in "better". Exept the outro? wich sounds great, I don't like that song very much, at east the demo version (Live versions sound better).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:05:48 AM by nesquik » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: