Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 15017 times)
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2006, 02:55:48 PM »

Yes, definately. Having more songs at least equal or almost equal to Better, I.R.S, The Blues... It'd be fantastic.

Now, if let's say, the songs we've heard so far turn out to be among the worst of the album...  drool

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »

I've read through this thread and most of the posters seem ungrateful to me. ?I mean, what the fuck do want?? ?You want bigger better versions of November Rain and Coma x10?Huh!

Axl's written some really good songs and for my money one or two could would walk onto a best of cd no problem. ?Seriously folks, it's time to move on from the sleazy rock 'n' roll on 1987. ?Axl has changed style because he's changed. ?Get over it. ?Seriously, answer me this, what the fuck do you people want?!!

?rant ? peace

I don't know, a civilized discussion about music perhaps?? What do you want?
Some answers? ?Wink

Well then, the answer is this: The perceptions your questions are based on are off. Everybody wants what everybody wants, excellence. That does not equal disappointment.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »

Yes, definately. Having more songs at least equal or almost equal to Better, I.R.S, The Blues... It'd be fantastic.

Now, if let's say, the songs we've heard so far turn out to be among the worst of the album...? drool

drool X 100

That would be unreal.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2006, 03:01:55 PM »

the main thing ive noticed that is missing from the new gnr songs are riffs.

axls melodies are incredible,the lyrics and melodies are great, the music is good and the solos are good but so far we havent really had any songs that have that memorable hum along riff.

Gnr have some of the most recognizable and greatest riffs ever but the new songs lack that.

that being said, axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies make up for the lack of memorable riffs.

I hope there are some riffs on this album that make u pump your fist. so far though this album has been without and that concerns me some.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »

Now, if let's say, the songs we've heard so far turn out to be among the worst of the album...? drool

drool X 100

That would be unreal.

Agreed. I would probably faint if there were nothing but better songs on the record.? yes

^^Oh, and riff's... Well, I agree to a degree, but that damn intro part from Better NEVER leaves my head. Heck, all my friends hum it now too, and most of them has never heard the song. They think I'm a nutcase for singing it all the time  hihi

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2006, 03:04:14 PM »

I think Better got what you're missing. Not the classic GN'R riff, but it's still a memorable one.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »

I've read through this thread and most of the posters seem ungrateful to me. ?I mean, what the fuck do want?? ?You want bigger better versions of November Rain and Coma x10?Huh!

Axl's written some really good songs and for my money one or two could would walk onto a best of cd no problem. ?Seriously folks, it's time to move on from the sleazy rock 'n' roll on 1987. ?Axl has changed style because he's changed. ?Get over it. ?Seriously, answer me this, what the fuck do you people want?!!

?rant ? peace

I don't know, a civilized discussion about music perhaps?? What do you want?
Some answers? ?Wink

Well then, the answer is this: The perceptions your questions are based on are off. Everybody wants what everybody wants, excellence. That does not equal disappointment.
Well that sounds like a good response? ?Not sure it really answers my question. ?I suppose what you're trying to say is it's all a matter of opinion? ?Well that's fine, if people don't like GN'R that's up to them. ?But the way people on a GN'R board are ?knocking the new stuff amazes me.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2006, 03:32:19 PM »

Well that sounds like a good response? ?Not sure it really answers my question. ?I suppose what you're trying to say is it's all a matter of opinion? ?Well that's fine, if people don't like GN'R that's up to them. ?But the way people on a GN'R board are ?knocking the new stuff amazes me.

It's not that amazing when you take the proper factors in mind.

If you're on a GN'R message board it can be for different reasons. You like the old band, you like the new band, you like both bands, you're curious, you work in the media, you're there by coincedence, you're a hater etc. and so on..........

That by definition will result in alot of differing opinions. The most prominent one being that altough this is called Guns N' Roses, it does not really sound like Guns N' Roses. I see alot of quality in the new material, but it's a different kind of quality than we've been used to from the old band.

Not everyone should, can or will see it the same way. I believe that is your answer.

dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »

I will be pretty disappointed. No two ways about it. I think Madagascar and TWAT have the potential to be epic studio songs, but the quality of the rock songs is just not on par with where we expect a GNR record to be given the pedigree of the band. I think that the demos we have heard are awful close to what the finish product is going to sound like, so unless the other half the songs we haven't heard are out of this world Axl has wasted an awful lot of time making this album.
I would be a bit disappointed but I will be happy as hell that this CD chapter in GnR is over.

Why has Axl wasted his time if the rest of the songs on the album are on-par with the leaks and live songs we have heard? ?You make it sound impossible for Axl to make an album that will meet your expectations. ?What you are saying is unless the other half of the album is equal to the greatest hits on AFD & UYIs, then Axl has wasted his time.

Maybe the new songs aren't at the level of the best AFD & UYI songs but IMO they are good songs and better than what is out there today.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »

Slither is not in the same world as Better

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2006, 03:53:21 PM »

I will be pretty disappointed. No two ways about it. I think Madagascar and TWAT have the potential to be epic studio songs, but the quality of the rock songs is just not on par with where we expect a GNR record to be given the pedigree of the band. I think that the demos we have heard are awful close to what the finish product is going to sound like, so unless the other half the songs we haven't heard are out of this world Axl has wasted an awful lot of time making this album.
You make it sound impossible for Axl to make an album that will meet your expectations. ?

I think that's more than 50% of the problem with alot of "Fans" these days.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »

There have been many changes in the songs over the years. Just listen to this awesome version of "Chinese Democracy", listen to the drums,
it's better like that: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NVmb-dIgriE
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:00:51 PM by nesquik » Logged
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2006, 04:02:38 PM »

You make it sound impossible for Axl to make an album that will meet your expectations. ?

I think that's more than 50% of the problem with alot of "Fans" these days.

That's very true.

They could have a reunion and release an album and many fans here will still complain about it not living up to THEIR expectations. ?I guess that's what happens when you have made epic/groundbreaking records in the past. ?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »

I'm sure I will not read any review here before I'll listen to the album. Some of you talk like, no matter what, they can't win.

Anyways, if Better, Rhiad (yeah, I love this one!), TWAT, The Blues, IRS (at least the live version) and Madagascar are the best tracks, I'd be happy.

fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2006, 04:39:13 PM »

<--- would not be happy
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

I think its all a matter of opinion. so saying the songs we have heard so far are the "best" is hard because of the wide variety of genres that will be on CD. look at AF, i know its all the same genre but the point is still the same. SCOM and WTTJ were the main singles and are considered by alot of people to be the best but some people prefer Rocket queen. I think CD will be alot like that, some peoples favourites will still be the leaks, others will be other songs.
Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »

Now, if let's say, the songs we've heard so far turn out to be among the worst of the album...  drool

The it'd be a pretty damn good album!

My DVD collection - www.freewebs.com/luke-joe2/
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »

Yes, no doubt.  hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2006, 05:04:13 PM »

I dont want this thread to getinto a VR/GNR debate but the only new songs SLither is better than in my opinion are rhiad,silkworms, Chinese Democracy and thats about it.

Alot will be personal taste for example many would say Dont Cry and NR are the best illusions but Estranged,Coma and Breakdown are my favs

so it all depends really.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2006, 05:14:03 PM »

i hope there are four or five new songs that are as good or better than better/madagascar (my personal favorites.) any other album and that'd be pushing it but this is 'chinese democracy' after all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: