Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/15 Toronto [Updates]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/15 Toronto [Updates]  (Read 23991 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »

Was at Toronto show last night. It was really cool where me and my brother ended up sitting. We could see right behind the stage and Axl's big black tent. Awesome. I'm pretty sure Axl heard me calling his name because he looked right up in my direction after I yelled his name out really loudly. He looked surprised that he could hear me actually. Very, very cool. Had a really good time and I'll remember this night forever!!!!!

THANKS AXL!!!!!!!!!!!!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good Smiley

Axl's big black tent? nervous
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »

Hi, I am DTJ over at Rov, I have direct contact with Neemo..as of now Baz is over and we are waiting for gnr.? ?The Trailer Park Boys joined Baz on stage but he didn't say what song.? I am gonna assume Youth Gone Wild cuz Scott Ian joined them for that at MSG.

they sang mustard and bologne (edit: apparently it's called Liquor & Whores) with bubbles on acoustic guitar and singing with baz the other 2 jsut walked around stage and drank whiskey hihi also bubbles came out again and introduced baz for my michelle..i'll post a review later and a couple pics but unfortunately most of my pics didn't turn out...i also met Jarmo, Adz and Tonya_Ytzerman (hope i spelled that right Tonya Tongue ) that was cool
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:50:30 PM by Neemo » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2006, 12:19:48 PM »

EFISH, if you don't post the updates on time you'll get your 4th negative karma back...  hihi
No matter what I do in these damn updates threads, I always seem to get negative karma.  hihi

By the way, when I went to sleep I guessed the exact last 5 songs. That should be worth some + karma Grin Grin

Well, I was gonna smite you some, but since you guessed it right, you stay as you were.  Tongue

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »

Awesome Neemo!

Tonya_Ytzerman (hope i spelled that right Tonya Tongue ) that was cool

Should be easy for you... it's like Yzerman with a T.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2006, 12:54:36 PM »

I'm not going to do a full review (will do that later this weekend since I have another show to hit) but some thoughts/comments:

Suicide Girls were great, so much better than, say, Mix Master Mike. The Hulla-hoop girl and Resivoir Dogs performances especially.

Bach well... that seemed so 80s. Leather chaps and all. Not my thing, except for the Trailer Park Boys.

I missed Die Mannequin, too bad, I actually wanted to check em out.

GNR:

Show was packed, and I hear 18,000, which wouldn't surprise me. There were 15,000 in 2002 but that floor had seats, this was GA standing so you get more folks on the floor. Even the private boxes were packed this time.

The wait was NOT long even though the band started at around 11:50. There was only 40 mins till GNR, which is average.

Place was jumping for the first few songs.

I loved Finck's solo, and I hate solos usually. They hand Frank on drums for part of it so it sounded more like a jam/song.

Better got a very good reception, people on the floor (where I was) cheered when it came on. IRS and Chinese Democracy got ok receptions. People seemed indifferent to The Blues, except for Axl's scream.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door got great reaction.

Patience - didn't like what they did with that one.

Wish we could have heard Down on the Farm since they've played it recently.

Axl is still fighting that cold.

People are saying the crowd had thinned towards the end, I was in the pit about 5 people back, actually it seemed most people stayed, I'd say about 5-10% had left between Nighttrain and the encore, and those were the back 300s. It was still pretty packed right till the end, and that was about 2am.

Overall a good show, here's the thing:

The band was tighter than in 2002. Definitely more of a band. Great chemistry, Finck really shone, so did Bumble, Fortus I like but he didn't get a lot of time. Drop a solo, just one, and add a song or two, and this band will own. Most people loved it, however, they don't have the anticipation of 2002 - we've seen most of this before. I really wish they would drop an AFD song and play another new song. Even Madagascar, I really wish they had pulled that out.

Axl was very genuine tonight, thanking the crowd for the great turnout, joking before Bfoot's solo (don't play too loud, the people at the side are trying to take a nap - typical "polite" toronto crowd, we get the same shit at leaf games), messing around before Bubbles came on state.

Overall, I think most people went home tired but happy.  peace
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »

A couple things to add:

Frank rocks on drums. I like this guy a got. He got the crowd going between songs, hitting the bass drum and getting people to chant "Guns N' Roses" and pumping his fist. The guy seems to be loving this gig, and who can blame him. He's making the most of this opportunity.

A big FUCK YOU to the asshole drunken 40somethings who started a scrap in front of me. How fucking lame to see two old farts drunkenly swinging. I don't care what started it, you're both assholes, stay home. This seems to be a trend in Toronto, happened to me at a Manson show years ago as well. A bunch of drunken no lifes will get tickets cuz they have nothing better to do than waste people's time. They don't care about the show, they just want to fuck around. Well, piss off. Had there not been a cop around you probably both would have got dropped by pissed off people around you. Fucking sad.

There was NO search at this show, I should have brought my camera Tongue
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »

i'm not trying to be mean to the band or whatever, cause they are doing their own thing and thats cool.  But honestly, don't they get bored of playing the same setlist, in the same order, over and over and over again...its been like 6 yrs they've been playing pretty much the same setlist.  I don't know how they do it.
dude, go see like U2, Motley crue, Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Aerosmith, and numerous other bands and youll see that their set list doesnt vary too much either, they pretty  much always play their superhits, then a few fan favs and like 1 or 2 options, its not that uncommon.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »

GNR:
Even Madagascar, I really wish they had pulled that out.

Me too. That's one of my favourite songs and I was really hoping they would play it. I even told my big brother how much it sucked to not get to hear it live for the first time.

Still had an awesome time though!!!!! yes
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

dude, go see like U2, Motley crue, Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Aerosmith, and numerous other bands and youll see that their set list doesnt vary too much either, they pretty? much always play their superhits, then a few fan favs and like 1 or 2 options, its not that uncommon.

-You're right.  In fact, I saw 4 shows curing the '92 on the Gn'R/Metallica tour.  I lost a lot of respect for Metallica when they played the same setlist (in the same order), AND said the same things to the crowd in-between songs!!  That was pretty weak.
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

A couple things to add:

A big FUCK YOU to the asshole drunken 40somethings who started a scrap in front of me. How fucking lame to see two old farts drunkenly swinging. I don't care what started it, you're both assholes, stay home.

I was about 15 people back, was one of the guys a bald guy, cause there was two older guys jawing for a while in front of me. ?It was pretty sad, but for the rest it was an awesome crowd

Bitch slap rappin'
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2006, 02:29:46 PM »

Yeah, I was REALLY hoping to hear Madagascar.  I thought they were going to, but they went into Paradise City. 

It sounds like those people who were in the front of the floor near the stage had a much better time.  Shoulda got there earlier  crying

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2006, 02:30:27 PM »

dude, go see like U2, Motley crue, Velvet Revolver, Metallica, Aerosmith, and numerous other bands and youll see that their set list doesnt vary too much either, they pretty  much always play their superhits, then a few fan favs and like 1 or 2 options, its not that uncommon.

Stop now, that makes too much sense. They will just ignore that and bitch on................
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »

Yeah, I was REALLY hoping to hear Madagascar.? I thought they were going to, but they went into Paradise City.?

yeah i thought that too...the bastards hihi

live_era
Opening Act

hmm....

« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »

I was at the toronto show last night I think is was pretty good. I was right up at front and I cought 2 water bottles
that Robin threw. I think Axl sounded great and the band seemed tight. It was my first GN'R concert.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:05:15 PM by live_era » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »

This show was absolutely, fucking insane! Grin

Seriously, this show is right up there with May 12th at the Hammerstein Ballroom for me.

The band have improved so much since May, it's truly unreal.

The whole band was on fire the whole way through, while the crowd was absolutely crazy up until Id say "Beautiful."

Easily the greatest version of The Blues Ive ever heard, IRS was as insane as ever, amazing KOHD sing-a-long, while the crowd were also surprisingly right into "Better"  Grin

Oh yeah, Frank was an absolute powerhouse behind the drumkit! Brain is yet to "WOW" me to quite that extent ok

& also, it was fuckin' sick meeting Gunsguy and his family at the show...had a great time gettin' fucked up with you guys, as well as loosing my voice from screaming the words out so loud Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2006, 10:11:35 PM »

I wont post a long review cause I agree with everyone who said the show rocked...Suicide Girls are a great opening act IMO....Bach was pretty good...Trailer Park Boys was a HUGE suprise...Bubbles is hilarious....Crowd went INSANE when Jungle hit.....Singalong for Knocking On Heavens Door on the 4th and last time Axl said I know you have been holding back and so have I so lets givbe it our all....And wow man he fucking screamed it....Unreal...I cant eevn describe it..Was insane..

Axl had a cold you could see him kept going and blowing his nose lol.....During Better you could see Beta to the side rocking out...She looks so proud of Axl...Crowd was not as hot as i hoped...Aklot of ppl started leaving around Bumbles solo...And you couldnt hear anyone singing Dont Cry...But I love at the end of Patience when hes running....I think Madagascar would have been better in place of Chinese Democracy...Axl wasnt very talkitivie

This I've gotta say and I want everyone to read:
The band was having a fucking blast up there on stage...For anyone who wants to know if there all having fun, i seen someone post a few weeks ago on ehre if Tommy was having fun...The entire band was having a fucking blast man..All laughing,smiling,talking..Was magical...Better may have been the highlight...Great tune

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2006, 10:26:26 PM »

did anyone pick up on whas song Dizzy was playing for his solo? my guess is Neil Young - Heart Of Gold...correct?

Someone on a Pearl Jam board that was there mentioned that it was Like A Hurricane.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2006, 11:42:30 PM »

Yeah, I wonder what Axl meant when he said he's been holding back.   ok

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2006, 02:43:52 AM »

Yeah, I wonder what Axl meant when he said he's been holding back.   ok

Probably not what your thinking unfortunately.  Axl sure didn't hold back on the last sing along of knocking on heavns door, crowd hardly sang back, too busy cheering for his final belt out of knock knock knocking on heavens doooor!
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »

Axl grinds it out
Nov. 17, 2006. 06:03 AM
BEN RAYNER

Well, it?s still not Guns N? Roses ? I?m not looking for an argument here, it just isn?t ? but there?s hope for Axl yet.
Yes, Rose is on the second GNR tour undertaken without a single other member of the original Guns N? Roses and named for a non-existent, 13-years-in-the-making album that will soon beg immortalization in its own Samuel Beckett play.

Yet, while the man?s famous yowl proved only a slightly less dubious instrument at the Air Canada Centre on Wednesday night than on the first Chinese Democracy tour stop in Toronto four years ago, Axl himself seemed more fit, at ease and prepared to reclaim the spotlight than the guy who blew out the last GNR ?comeback? after a handful of troubled dates in late 2002. This was much less about transparent, ?something to prove? effort; it felt like Rose, who gathered strength in vocal and stage presence as the evening ? or morning, given the typically late start ? wore on, has become a little more cognizant and appreciative of the enviable position he holds.

He might as well suck up his insecurities and throw another record out there. Obviously, the fans ? many of whom, if the ACC crowd was any indication, are too young to care about the absence of names like Izzy, Slash and Duff from the roster ? are happy to scoop up an arena?s worth of tickets, put up with Papa Roach and Sebastian Bach as opening acts and then sit around, without alcohol service or much in the way of human rights, until the wee hours for a chance to hear Rose and a bunch of hired hands perform half of 1987?s Appetite for Destruction.

That?s what we were there for, though, wasn?t it? Even with the wobbly vocals and the odd sight of a seven-piece ?revue? band surrounded by stacks of expensive gear studiously conjuring the slapdash, amphetamized raunch of the early Gunners, it was easy for the enduring power of ?Welcome To The Jungle,? ?It?s So Easy,? ?Out Ta Get Me? and the magnificent ?Sweet Child O? Mine? to come through.

Although it felt a little half-formed the last time out, the new band ? which includes Use Your Illusion-era GNR addition Dizzy Reed, former Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and a troika of showboating guitarists: Richard Fortus, new addition Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal and ex-Nine Inch Nails sideman Robin Finck ? can do authentically out-of-control (?You Could Be Mine? was fierce) and Vegas flashy (Wings? ?Live And Let Die,? ?November Rain?) with equal aplomb. We didn?t need all the solo spots that completely derailed the pacing every time Axl left the stage to change his shirt or rest his voice, but they are indeed pro players.

And wouldn?t you know it? There was actually one solid new number, a low-slung, riff-adelic groove-rocker called ?Better,? that offered our first, faint hope that Chinese Democracy, should it ever see the light of day, might not be a disaster. Fingers crossed, Axl, ?cause our patience is wearing thin.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: