Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What ever happen to this???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What ever happen to this???  (Read 3562 times)
tonkatoy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 16, 2006, 09:30:11 PM »

THANK YOU!
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

Guns N' Roses fans are back, and the band wants to thank them for the tremendous response during the opening days of concert ticket sales.

Be sure to come back to the GN'R's all-new, official Web site for constantly updated news, exclusive video, music and more.

You'll also find insider news directly from the band (without the tabloid Lies), special offers and much more.

I would think news from the band would be needed in time like these.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »

Yeah, wonder what happened to the 90 free GNR Fan Club membership as well.  I bought tix through their site and never heard another word of it.
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:43:38 PM »

Be sure to come back to the GN'R's all-new, official Web site for constantly updated news, exclusive video, music and more.

Haha.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:44:59 PM »

Yeah, wonder what happened to the 90 free GNR Fan Club membership as well.? I bought tix through their site and never heard another word of it.

Maybe there are no benefits to being in the fanclub, you just get to proudly proclaim yourself as a member of the fanclub.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »

Yeah, much like damn near anything else GnR related these days, the fan club is a joke.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

there were videos too.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:07:03 PM »

Started off great.. I just hope the website picks up steam again.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »

Hopefully gunsnroses.com doesn't go the route of gnronline, that site had promise when it launched, it had audio clips of all the tracks off of Live Era and even the WTTJ video for Live Era, and then it just went down the toilet from there.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »

well, mysteron did say that an official Merch store would be online soon.. ok
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

The word "soon" frightens me a little when it comes to GnR.

It'll probably open once the tour is scrapped  finished.
tonkatoy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:30 PM »

I guess they shouldn't rush things, it's not like they have had any time to get things in order.
Edward Rose
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 02:02:16 PM »

You'll also find insider news directly from the band (without the tabloid Lies), special offers and much more.

I quoted your red text because I'm assuming that's what you were asking about, and no one has replied about this yet.

It might have been the Del article that was posted and then removed. Del does alot of things for Gn'R, and probably didn't have the time to edit it and get things okay'ed before posting. (If it was taken down for those reasons... we don't really know)

With that said, there's a little more to it than having time. The reason I made my "Backstage @ MSG" post is because writing such an article is easy for me. I was going to keep that experience to myself, but I felt like I had the ability to write something for the fans... to contribute to the Gn'R community, without including things that shouldn't be in there, which is why I cracked the joke "I must be 1/16th lawyer" lower in the thread.

So it's probably hard for them to find a person who already knows most of the things that shouldn't be included or shown, but also sees the trivial things that fans would consider interesting or entertaining, otherwise it would take too long to keep going back and forth with management until every word is cleared. Again, no disrespect to Del if that's why the article was taken down... he's very busy and does alot for the band.

The REALLY hard part is probably for management to find someone who has lawyer and writing abilities, but doesn't mind hanging around gigs and writing articles. Otherwise that person is likely sitting in an office right now getting paid as a paralegal or lawyer. And mainstream news reporters can't be trusted.

BTW; I hesitated to respond to this because the thread was started by a newbie, and I didn't want anyone to think I'm talking to myself. Smiley But it's a funny coincidene that this post was made last night... I just can't tell you why.  Cool
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:08:36 PM »

I quoted your red text because I'm assuming that's what you were asking about, and no one has replied about this yet.

It might have been the Del article that was posted and then removed. Del does alot of things for Gn'R, and probably didn't have the time to edit it and get things okay'ed before posting. (If it was taken down for those reasons... we don't really know)

With that said, there's a little more to it than having time. The reason I made my "Backstage @ MSG" post is because writing such an article is easy for me. I was going to keep that experience to myself, but I felt like I had the ability to write something for the fans... to contribute to the Gn'R community, without including things that shouldn't be in there, which is why I cracked the joke "I must be 1/16th lawyer" lower in the thread.

So it's probably hard for them to find a person who already knows most of the things that shouldn't be included or shown, but also sees the trivial things that fans would consider interesting or entertaining, otherwise it would take too long to keep going back and forth with management until every word is cleared. Again, no disrespect to Del if that's why the article was taken down... he's very busy and does alot for the band.

The REALLY hard part is probably for management to find someone who has lawyer and writing abilities, but doesn't mind hanging around gigs and writing articles. Otherwise that person is likely sitting in an office right now getting paid as a paralegal or lawyer. And mainstream news reporters can't be trusted.

BTW; I hesitated to respond to this because the thread was started by a newbie, and I didn't want anyone to think I'm talking to myself. Smiley But it's a funny coincidene that this post was made last night... I just can't tell you why. Cool

I did read you're backstage article and it was very well written.  Boy, without reading between the lines too much, I would say that you're throwing your name in the hat for a GNR writing position with the website.  ok

Bitch slap rappin'
Edward Rose
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »

Boy, without reading between the lines too much, I would say that you're throwing your name in the hat for a GNR writing position with the website.  ok

That's why I was hesitant to respond in this thread. I didn't want it to seem like I was doing something cheezy like that. But I really do think that's the reason why the article was yanked... the complex things I wrote about above.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »

It will all start at the same time... just have some patience  ok .
Cherona
Opening Act

Can I get an F YEAH?

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »

We do get insider information from Band Members!

A message from Axl Rose...

-Syth? Cool

Cream '05
Europe '05
Guns N' Roses '06
Cropredy '07
Dream Theater '07
Pendulum '08
Eagles '09
Download '10
British Sea Power '10
Guns N' Roses '10
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »

I'm guessing that this website is gonna go the same route as good 'ol gnronline...lol

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Edward Rose
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 04:28:31 PM »

I'm guessing that this website is gonna go the same route as good 'ol gnronline...lol

gnronline.com went that way for other reasons, mainly the fact that Guns wasn't doing much for most of the web site's existance. It was also just a "Record Company" version web site.

I think gunsnroses.com has been and will be more frequently updated because the band is very active now... since May of 2006.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:47:18 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »

Perhaps it's like the original website for Donnie Darko and has loads of extra dimensions that none of us are elite enough to get into.

Maybe that's where CD is hiding.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 06:53:28 PM »

I think the website is actually defendable on this one.  Official sites of most bigger artists in general suck.  They're usually hired out to some web or promo firm and very rarely actually updated, and I've seen a lot of similar sites make big promises of news directly from the band or whatever that either never gets delivered on or maybe in the beginning you get one or two things and then its pretty much abandoned.  Unofficial fan sites are always the best source of info and often where the band or management will turn to when they want to talk to the fans.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: