Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Supernova album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova album  (Read 4395 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« on: November 22, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

Anyone have the Supernova album? If so, what do you think? I picked it up and I think it's a pretty solid album. Deffinately better than I expected. Lukas does a really good job.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:12:14 PM »

Reports I've read about it have said it's pretty ordinary, but each to their own I suppose.

How is Gilby's guitar playing and lead work on it?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »

I really don't like this album. 

Gilby's guitar work is great, nothing short of what i would have expected from him.  Tommy's drums are huge and powerful like expected.

But the bass is increadibly weak on all the tracks, and Lukas' vocals don't cut it for me.  He did was better singing on the show than he did on this album.  That and the lyrics are really weak.  It sounds too much like a pop-rock band, and with origins such as GNR, Motley Crue and Metallica, it's pop album is not something you'd expect.  I think Dilana would have done much better with these guys.   

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
gun
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »

I haven't heard the album yet but my friend who has was not very pleased.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 03:48:22 AM »

it definately grows on you. its very pop friendly

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised how good the CD sounded.
It's nothing like the majority of rock CDS out now, which I thought was really refreshing.
It might be a little more "pop" than some people care for, but I think it's pretty balanced.
The Song "Valentine" is killer.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

I really don't like this album.?

Gilby's guitar work is great, nothing short of what i would have expected from him.? Tommy's drums are huge and powerful like expected.

But the bass is increadibly weak on all the tracks, and Lukas' vocals don't cut it for me.? He did was better singing on the show than he did on this album.? That and the lyrics are really weak.? It sounds too much like a pop-rock band, and with origins such as GNR, Motley Crue and Metallica, it's pop album is not something you'd expect.? I think Dilana would have done much better with these guys.   

Based on that statement alone, i'll disregard everthing you just said.. Roll Eyes Especially Since Butch Walker wrote all but one of the songs... That means its gotta be good... I'm gonna check it out right now!!

*Runs to the Store*
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 02:37:54 AM »

Anyone have the Supernova album? If so, what do you think? I picked it up and I think it's a pretty solid album. Deffinately better than I expected. Lukas does a really good job.

i think the album is absolutely horrible, the only good song was headspin but they still managed to make it worse than it was before.  lukas woulda done better on his own, but he had to sellout just like tommy lee.
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »

IMO albom not bad for people who love pop music.
to people who know Gilby ,Tommy , Jayson expected for more rock albom .

they sayd that they  want to record a rock n roll albom no ?   Huh

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 11:06:38 AM »

I listened to it at the store, it sounds very Gilby influenced, I'll have to buy it and give it some time to make a good judgement

libertad
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »

don't they have a video`?
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 12:44:37 PM »

dont think so , if they had we proboly had to see it somewhere  Huh

BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 07:52:14 PM »

From what I've heard of the record I don't really care for it.  I thought the stuff was much better live.  And the lyrics are not much better than pathetic.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 09:32:09 PM »

Me, I expected better once I found out that Butch Walker was involved.  I love his work with The Marvelous 3, and was definitely expecting more engaging material.
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 03:59:23 PM »

bought album n gotta say that didnt like it much...only rather good song is last one...was it dead parade or something? ?

no couple of weeks after bought cd hm have listened cd almost every day n it starts to sound better n better ;-)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:44:39 AM by donaltduck313 » Logged
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

my fav was its on

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
The Rhiad
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

They could have had a better singer than Lukas, but what do you expect from a TV Show?  Huh

A few handful of songs aren't bad, but it's nothing extraordinary really.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »

I don't care for Lukas and would have also preferred Dilana. He's a weak frontman more so than vocalist, though he's not an outstanding vocalist either. I have an opportunity to see the Supernova guys in concert next week, but the tickets here are going for almost $50 and unless they come down, it's just not worth it. As much as I'd like to see Tommy and Gilby live. Hell, even the faux Jane's Addiction is opening for them. If the price comes down because of say...ticket sales, I might check it out. I've heard they're better live than the album.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

I don't care for Lukas and would have also preferred Dilana. He's a weak frontman more so than vocalist, though he's not an outstanding vocalist either. I have an opportunity to see the Supernova guys in concert next week, but the tickets here are going for almost $50 and unless they come down, it's just not worth it. As much as I'd like to see Tommy and Gilby live. Hell, even the faux Jane's Addiction is opening for them. If the price comes down because of say...ticket sales, I might check it out. I've heard they're better live than the album.

hey, dude! The Panic Channel alone are woth the 50$!

i would pay 50 for seein panic channel alone... its cool to get to see gilby and tommy... but not THAT cool when  i dont really find the music any good.....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 06:00:04 AM »

hey, dude! The Panic Channel alone are woth the 50$!

i would pay 50 for seein panic channel alone... its cool to get to see gilby and tommy... but not THAT cool when  i dont really find the music any good.....

No, I wasn't putting down Panic Channel. I was just saying in the same breathe as my reasons to see Supernova, it's like some weird concert where I'm going to see bands with all these ex (or current) members of other bands I like. I still hope Jane's can patch it up again and get back together some day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: