Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2006 or 2007?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006 or 2007?  (Read 12686 times)
« on: November 21, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »

A lot of people on the board have been commenting that if CD isn't released by the end of the year then they're done with GNR, CD, the wait, etc.

Bearing that in mind, how would we feel if sometime in late December we get a concrete release date? For January or February? Given that no new information has materialized relating to the album being released this year (or even handed over to he label, or even finished) and taking into account the rumors of CD being pushed back to 2007, isn't it possible that whatever plans were in place when statements were made about the album coming this year have hit a stumbling block?

If so, this opens up a new possibility. Could we see a release date announcement and a normal promotional campaign for CD in early 2007? An end to the speculation and guesswork, replaced by the steady metronote beat of the countdown to Chinese Democracy?

At this point, which would you prefer; the possibility of CD popping up at short notice in order to make the 2006 deadline or the certainty of a definite release date (and therefore a definite amount of waiting time)?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:27 PM »

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:16:59 PM »

A lot of people on the board have been commenting that if CD isn't released by the end of the year then they're done with GNR, CD, the wait, etc.

Bearing that in mind, how would we feel if sometime in late December we get a concrete release date? For January or February? Given that no new information has materialized relating to the album being released this year (or even handed over to he label, or even finished) and taking into account the rumors of CD being pushed back to 2007, isn't it possible that whatever plans were in place when statements were made about the album coming this year have hit a stumbling block?

If so, this opens up a new possibility. Could we see a release date announcement and a normal promotional campaign for CD in early 2007? An end to the speculation and guesswork, replaced by the steady metronote beat of the countdown to Chinese Democracy?

At this point, which would you prefer; the possibility of CD popping up at short notice in order to make the 2006 deadline or the certainty of a definite release date (and therefore a definite amount of waiting time)?

2006 how much notice does it really need. Honestly

If GNR themselves officially  one day said the album will be released in one week or some close date. It would be all over the radio and newspapers, net etc. Any official info from the band will travel like wild fire. Trust me on this. They do not need the conventional build up.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

So you're asking us if we want the album any day now or sometime in 2007...?

Gee. Umm.  Roll Eyes

I want the album yesterday.  hihi
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »

If it's not 2006 then I'm done buying concert tickets, dvd's...

Vote here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83734

Huh

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »

No, I'm asking you if you'd rather have an indefinite wait or a definite release date (even if it meant knowing for sure that you'd be waiting longer)
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:56 PM »

A concrete release date would be great even if it would be around 2010... ?This wait and see game is getting tedious and doesn't really seem to go anywhere. The fans deserve some information even if it's gonna be bad. I really can't see anyone benefiting from this whole secrecy that surrounds this album.

This   is   Democracy!!!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 01:34:26 PM »

No, I'm asking you if you'd rather have an indefinite wait or a definite release date (even if it meant knowing for sure that you'd be waiting longer)

The former. The quicker this CD is in my stereo the happier I'l be.  peace
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 01:46:07 PM »

MAYBE IT'LL BE PUSHED BACK 2 SUMMER AND RELEASED ON AFD'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »

whether it's December or January I'm easy.

However, I believe in the 8 and as 2 and 6 make 8, I guess 2006 is preferable.
It's just a number tho. the luckiest one in chinese way. peace
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »

as long as they give a fucking date, I dont care.
give us a fucking date!
even if it's 2006 in muslim calendar...
give it already.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 02:02:11 PM »

it's funny to see these so-called fans make "threats" about being "done" with gnr and all this non-sense when you know and i know you will all come crawling back kissing axl's ass the day the record drops so just stop pretending and find something else to fill your days with in the meantime like a life, i've been a huge gnr fan since '91 and ive been to two shows with them and have waited for chinese democracy since 1999, but as much as i want the album to come out, i'd rather axl takes his time with it to make the timing perfect that rush it out and the album suffers as a consequence. axl has big plans for this new band and we as fans should support him, not threaten to stop supporting him if you don't get the record by the end of the year, like some 3 year old throwing a fit over not getting his favorite toy for christmas. keep supporting gnr through thick and thin, that's what true fans do and we gnr fans are known to be unusually loyal, we should all try to live up to that reputation.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 02:04:01 PM »

i see post like this every day why don't just wait  i mean you will need to wait anyways so it is no diference is you or others made this silly posts.

zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »

A concrete date would be nice so you have a day to look forward to instead of wondering will today be the day Smiley

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 02:39:27 PM »

MAYBE IT'LL BE PUSHED BACK 2 SUMMER AND RELEASED ON AFD'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY

Oh God, please no.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »

I?ll put it like this...if they give us SOMETHING this year...i?ll be please..single..a promise...something...but the album should come out this year..Christmas....All the songs are done..and soon to be mixed...If not...they are some slow motherfuckers on the GNR - camp !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 02:48:27 PM »

Would love to see it this year, but I don't think it is going to happen. I guess Axl has OCD or something (seriously) and so we are unlikely to see it for quite a while.

I would of course still buy it if it comes out in 2008, 2009, or 2010, but would love to see it out tomorrow.

Given the impact of AFD and UYI, I can understand why he desperately wants to avoid a flop, but come on. The record will have to face the world/critics one day, and the longer it drags out the more expectations rise.

Hell, for me, this could easily be both the best and most dissapointing album of the year (whatever year that is).

The world needs another G'n'R album.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »

A definitive release date is impossible because there is no album. I'd just prefer that they'd stop with the bullshitting and stop trying to cause "chaos and confusion" on this board.

Didn't Axl cancel the first two shows to put the "finishing touches" on the album? What ever happened about that?
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »

2006. count on it.  unless it is officially stated by someone in the band, i.e. axl or merck, it will still come out this year.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »

A definitive release date is impossible because there is no album. I'd just prefer that they'd stop with the bullshitting and stop trying to cause "chaos and confusion" on this board.

Didn't Axl cancel the first two shows to put the "finishing touches" on the album? What ever happened about that?

That's a really good point, but 2006 still isn't over.. we should all just relax and wait... like someone said earlier: If it comes out next year, the year after, or whatever, we're still going to stick around, so we might as well ride the 'Chinese Democracy' rollercoaster and see what twists and turns are ahead..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: