Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 08:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228071 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does everyone say that frank and ron are on CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does everyone say that frank and ron are on CD?  (Read 9177 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

I think to paraphrase what your saying is that the media wants GNR and this tour to fail, so theyll spread any sort of shit about him, rumors saying that the cd wont come out this year, that he doesnt care about fans etc..

There are just as many media types that want Axl and GNR to succeed as there are that want him to fail.

The overall interest, though, is dwindelling.

they can skew stories to make them seem totally different...

take that whole canada article the article said "there is no indication that the cd will come out htis year" and its by canada universal..

then you have tons of sites using that and saying "Universal says no cd this year"

or the portland incident.. you got stuff like "axls at it again" when they dont know the whole story, or skew it to mean different things..
True, and the waiting doesn't help. Besides, it's amazing what power people believe the media have. The media can't make Axl fail, only Axl can. The media can't make the tour fail. The media is an easy scapegoat. How about looking at the actions coming from the GNR camp.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 10:07:21 PM »

Bigbri wrote-
Ok, that's great you feel that way, but if the CD doesn't come out this year as Axl has stated, he'll get the bashing the media is most assuredly gonna give him. It'll be relentless.

That's where you're wrong. The REPORTERS might like him. But their bosses are evil scum that don't deserve to share oxygen with us. I mean that.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush there dude.

Edward Rose
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »

Bigbri wrote-
Ok, that's great you feel that way, but if the CD doesn't come out this year as Axl has stated, he'll get the bashing the media is most assuredly gonna give him. It'll be relentless.

That's where you're wrong. The REPORTERS might like him. But their bosses are evil scum that don't deserve to share oxygen with us. I mean that.

It's too bad you think that way. Because I'm on the inside... and have been since 1986. And I've been watching my country go down the toilet and turn into a Chinese democracy for 20 years... and most of it is the fault of the media.

I don't ENJOY telling Europeans backstage that I prefer living in England than America. I don't ENJOY appologizing for that little prick in The White House. It saddens me.
Edward Rose
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »

I think to paraphrase what your saying is that the media wants GNR and this tour to fail, so theyll spread any sort of shit about him, rumors saying that the cd wont come out this year, that he doesnt care about fans etc..

There are just as many media types that want Axl and GNR to succeed as there are that want him to fail.

The overall interest, though, is dwindelling.

True, and the waiting doesn't help. Besides, it's amazing what power people believe the media have. The media can't make Axl fail, only Axl can. The media can't make the tour fail. The media is an easy scapegoat. How about looking at the actions coming from the GNR camp.

I think it's the "In"action that bothers you so much. But Axl and Merck aren't required to do and say things just because some impatient or spoiled fans want them to. (not necesarily alluding to you)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 10:24:21 PM »

Bigbri wrote-

It's too bad you think that way. Because I'm on the inside... and have been since 1986. And I've been watching my country go down the toilet and turn into a Chinese democracy for 20 years... and most of it is the fault of the media.

I don't ENJOY telling Europeans backstage that I prefer living in England than America. I don't ENJOY appologizing for that little prick in The White House. It saddens me.

I don't disagree that the country's in bad shape or that GW is a prick, but what does the media have to do with that? The media also hates GW if you believe in the liberal media argument that right wingers throw around.

As for GNR, it was Axl who said the CD was coming out this year. If the media wants to hold him to that, that's their right. Now, with just a month left in the year basically and no CD in sight, what do you expect people to be asking about? Personally, I've given up on 06 and don't expect it this year, so I'm not impatient. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Axl-vs.-media showdown when the announcement is made. And, I'll have to say, Axl and Co. painted themselves into this corner. The media had nothing to do with it.

By the way, when you say you're on the inside, what exactly do you mean?

Edward Rose
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 10:29:21 PM »

Bigbri wrote-

I don't disagree that the country's in bad shape or that GW is a prick, but what does the media have to do with that? The media also hates GW if you believe in the liberal media argument that right wingers throw around.

As for GNR, it was Axl who said the CD was coming out this year. If the media wants to hold him to that, that's their right. Now, with just a month left in the year basically and no CD in sight, what do you expect people to be asking about? Personally, I've given up on 06 and don't expect it this year, so I'm not impatient. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Axl-vs.-media showdown when the announcement is made. And, I'll have to say, Axl and Co. painted themselves into this corner. The media had nothing to do with it.

By the way, when you say you're on the inside, what exactly do you mean?

Yes, we'll keep the politics out of this.

Inside? My family was involved in a landmark court trial in October of 1987. It resulted in worldwide media attention. That was when we learned what the media does. When you (me) sit in court all day and hear every word, and then the media ... EVERY station and EVERY newspaper reports ONLY on the dirt and sensational stuff, that's when you know.

So for example, when O.J. went on trial, I KNEW that we all had no idea what went on in the trial and that NONE of us had the right to express ANY oppinion on his guilt or innocence based on two minute news segments of 8-hour court days.

Then the inside stuff continued as I got into the music biz.... same shit, different reporters.

Link- http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9B0DE2DF143BF932A15753C1A961948260
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:33:04 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »

i think it'll be great if they're actually on CD.
if buckethead is still on CD, then it will already been dated before it's release
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 02:09:01 AM »

i think it'll be great if they're actually on CD.
if buckethead is still on CD, then it will already been dated before it's release

It's already severely dated by way of at least half of the songs that are expected on it.  The personnel is the least of my concerns at this point.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 11:10:56 AM »

Frank told me he recorded 5 tracks on Chin Dem, and that was it. He said it wasn't secret and that's why I included it in my Backstage @ MSG article.

if Frank recorded 5 tracks from the new album does this mean that Brain is out??

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »

Frank told me he recorded 5 tracks on Chin Dem, and that was it. He said it wasn't secret and that's why I included it in my Backstage @ MSG article.

if Frank recorded 5 tracks from the new album does this mean that Brain is out??

has anyone seen Brain at all on the North American leg of the tour?
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »

I think it's safe to say Brain is out and frank is in. I like it personally Frank Is awsome and has tonnes of energy and enthusiasm for the band. Brain much like buckethead in my opinion always seemed distant and didnt really seem to have his heart in it, its no seceret that they are buddies . I always saw them as a combo pack....I think they were both in it for the money.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »

I think it's safe to say Brain is out and frank is in. I like it personally Frank Is awsome and has tonnes of energy and enthusiasm for the band. Brain much like buckethead in my opinion always seemed distant and didnt really seem to have his heart in it, its no seceret that they are buddies . I always saw them as a combo pack....I think they were both in it for the money.

when was the last time brain played with them?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 01:10:28 PM »

soemtime in the summer....brain is just takinga leave of absence...he'll be back

MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »

soemtime in the summer....brain is just takinga leave of absence...he'll be back

thats quite along leave.... hes missed most of the tour.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2006, 01:16:12 PM »

his wife had a kid and he left the tour to be with his family...his last show was Paris France, June 20th i think

MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 01:18:12 PM »

his wife had a kid and he left the tour to be with his family...his last show was Paris France, June 20th i think

any idea when hes supposed to be back??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »

any idea when hes supposed to be back??

whenever he wants to be? maybe he's taking a parental leave...how long is parental leave in the states? its like 6 months in canada for fathers

Edward Rose
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »

It's really just Brain and the band being fortunate enough to have two team player drummers. Brain made it perfectly clear that he would do the U.S. tour... no problem, if Frank didn't want to or couldn't stand in. We should ALL be glad that our favorite band has 2 drummers. They're Spinal Tap proof!  hihi
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 02:49:50 PM »

because they said so?

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »

I'm sure we already have 10+ pages of this discussion already, don't we??  They are going to be on the album, so leave it at that.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: