Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/24 Clevand, OH [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/24 Clevand, OH [Discussion]  (Read 33545 times)
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2006, 08:54:27 AM »

The set list is in the 11/24 cleveland, OH [update]  thread

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »

Great show-my brothers-casual Guns fans-thought his anger added to the show-I've only heard the better demo a few times and that impressed me the most-new songs came off really well-the midnight coming on stuff just wears some people out-I didn't mind, off work today, but did notice people occasionaly leaving-Tommy seemed not as energetic as the last tour, Robin was awsome-overall a great show-glad to hear Maddy-I'm off to Detroit for round 2 in a few minutes

libertad
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2006, 09:20:19 AM »

Wasn't last night the first night that Pigeons of Shit Metal were on the tour? 1 show and they get the boot... rofl rofl

Good, that means i won't have to see them in Chicago.

If i get to the arena by about 9:30, do you guys think i'll make it in time to see Bach?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2006, 09:33:46 AM »

Last night back was on when we got there at around 9, he had a club apperance at 10-I'm not sure if his schedule is changing every night-call the arena before you leave, although of course they gave me the wrong time for Baz, but the whole night seemed screwed up

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »

Meant to say Baz was on at 9-I'm really tired-Axl did say the Cleveland show and Cinci (he may have meant Columbus)-were his favorite shows of 2002-we rock, what can you say? He and the band were in an awsome mood in 2002

libertad
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2006, 09:48:43 AM »

well after seeing the setlist I'm glad I chose the WV show instead of Cleveland.  I'm sure it was good last night and I wish I was there but the WV show has had one of the best setlists of the tour.  I'll still see them again in columbus if they come here on the next leg of the tour.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »

It was awesome how he did it though,

That ranks right up there with how he threw the guy out of the RIR 3 concert!

Get that guy outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigeons of Shit Metal

that is absolutely genius.

The Wit Axl has is out of this world.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
adamsv1999
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2006, 01:22:46 PM »

I just got back to the 'burgh from the show.  Overall I had a great time and the band sounded very good.  Here's some of my thoughts from the night....

I skipped most of the opening acts.  I caught the end of Bach's set and I thought he was pretty impressive.  He did a good job getting the crowd into the show and he sounded very good.  I caught a few songs of pigeons of shit metal and they were indeed terrible.  Great job by Axl of getting rid of them.  The Suicide Girls came back on for a few songs and they were just trashy....not much else to say about them. 

GN'R hit the stage around midnight.  I think everyone here is aware of the crowd getting pissed about Axl going on late, especially last night so I'll leave it at that.  Jungle, ISE, Brownstone and LALD were awesome and the crowd was really into it.   The first four songs were probably the best part of the night for me due to the crowd energy and the anticipation.

The rest of the show was pretty solid although there were many times when we couldn't hear Axl at all.  I was about 15 rows back on the floor, middle of the stage.  The new songs really rocked but of course the crowd wasn't into them at all (no surprise, release the album already).  Everyone around me agreed that the new songs were good but complained that they shouldn't be playing so many new songs when no one knows them.  They were asking if Civil War, Estranged, Rocket Queen, etc were going to be played.  Oh well, I enjoyed hearing 5 new ones. IRS was probably the best of them.  Axl really put a lot of energy and rasp into it, even more so than Better.

The solos were good but really killed the crowd energy.  Fortus and Finck both impressed me.  Dizzy sounded good but his solo was long and really killed the crowd.  The Fortus solo was excellent and Ron Thal's was decent although by the fourth solo I was just hoping it would be over fast.

Everyone that I went with and the people that I was talking to on the way out all agreed that it was a very good (not quite great) show.  The sound problems and too many solos were the main complaints.  The new songs seemed to go over well even though people weren't familiar with them.  I have no doubt most people there would rush out to get Chinese Democracy. 

This new band is definitely awesome and puts on a hell of a show.  I still don't understand the need for 3 guitarists (Fortus really impressed me) but I'm no musician and Axl & company know best.  I forgot Chris Pittman was even there most of the night until I heard a silkworms type buzzing during the beginning of November Rain.  Again, not sure why he is needed but he must play a bigger part in the new songs.  He did sound good on Madagascar though.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.  For the most part I was extremely impressed and happy with the show.  Hopefully the next time I see GNR will be after the record is released and then everyone can really rock to the new songs. 
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2006, 01:25:38 PM »

Concert was incredible, Axl didnt go on till after 12, he kicked out some fan,Axl kicked the opening act off the tour, "The Eagles of Death Metal" Axl called them "The Pigions of Shit Metal". Suicide Girls were awesome, lots of boobies hoola hooping and chocolate sauceing each other. Sebastian Bach ruled! GNR played till after 2. At the end I got to touch Bumblefoots guitar + I got to drink Robins water.

StoneTempleRoses

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2006, 01:29:59 PM »

tommy was never pissed during the show, where do you come up with that??? Huh Huh he was mouthing the words to the crowd while he was playing..... don't make stuff up man...

Tommy was definitely pissed at the show.  I didn't make that up.  He was pissed off at the sound guy too and more than a couple of times.  I was in the very front and it was very easy to see.

EDIT:  That really pisses me off that you told me that I was making stuff up.  WHY THE FUCK WOULD I JUST MAKES SOMETHING UP??  I have never made anything up on this board and if you paid attention to anything you would realize that. Tommy was mouthing words to the crowd during a FEW songs but how does that mean he wasn't pissed off at the sound guys??  You can't do both at the same time??  Axl was in a good mood but he was pissed most of the night at the sound dumb asses. AS I SAID I WAS IN THE VERY FRONT and if you weren't then you probably didn't get to see him bitching at the sound guy or his bass tech and throwing shit down like Axl did and at one point he even knocked down his mic stand because he was pissed.  WAKE UP AND DON'T EVER TELL ME TO NOT MAKE STUFF UP!!!!  That's fucking bull shit.

YOU NEED TO NOT MAKE STUFF UP AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHOW!!!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:46:24 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »

Wasn't last night the first night that Pigeons of Shit Metal were on the tour? 1 show and they get the boot... rofl rofl

Good, that means i won't have to see them in Chicago.

If i get to the arena by about 9:30, do you guys think i'll make it in time to see Bach?
you'll probably catch his closing songs.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »

tommy was never pissed during the show, where do you come up with that??? Huh Huh he was mouthing the words to the crowd while he was playing..... don't make stuff up man...

Tommy was definitely pissed at the show.? I didn't make that up.? He was pissed off at the sound guy too and more than a couple of times.? I was in the very front and it was very easy to see.

EDIT:? That really pisses me off that you told me that I was making stuff up.? WHY THE FUCK WOULD I JUST MAKES SOMETHING UP??? I have never made anything up on this board and if you paid attention to anything you would realize that. Tommy was mouthing words to the crowd during a FEW songs but how does that mean he wasn't pissed off at the sound guys??? You can't do both at the same time??? Axl was in a good mood but he was pissed most of the night at the sound dumb asses. AS I SAID I WAS IN THE VERY FRONT and if you weren't then you probably didn't get to see him bitching at the sound guy or his bass tech and throwing shit down like Axl did and at one point he even knocked down his mic stand because he was pissed.? WAKE UP AND DON'T EVER TELL ME TO NOT MAKE STUFF UP!!!!? That's fucking bull shit.

because tommy stood infront of my section for most of the show... that's why... SO DON'T MAKE STUFF UP... he seemed alright, not too energetic but not pissed, he came closer to the crowd mouthing the words..... how do you know he was mad at this or that, speculating over it, and passing it as fact = making stuff up.

edit: if you read my review you would know that I was up close and to the right,j i could see where the band came in and where they changed instruments, i saw axl bitching and being pissed, and tommy switching bass guitars around, he didn't seem all too pissed...   and during all the show tommy did backups vocals i could hear him perfectly. and it wasn't just his ear piece it was the stage monitors that really pissed off axl.. he even said it before november rain started.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 02:07:35 PM by Duffio » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »

Sounds like a great show...I wish some things like thathad of happened in Toronto...Someone gert kciked out or see Axl do some classic things

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2006, 03:27:32 PM »

Concert was incredible, Axl didnt go on till after 12, he kicked out some fan,Axl kicked the opening act off the tour, "The Eagles of Death Metal" Axl called them "The Pigions of Shit Metal". Suicide Girls were awesome, lots of boobies hoola hooping and chocolate sauceing each other. Sebastian Bach ruled! GNR played till after 2. At the end I got to touch Bumblefoots guitar + I got to drink Robins water.

StoneTempleRoses

I read on another forum that a guy in the audience threw a beer at Axl and that is why he kicked him out:

But throughout the show his monitor was fucking up and he was motioning side stage a lot kind of signaling that he couldnt hear anything. But he was always cool to the audience (aside from that one douche who threw a beer at him and got kicked out) he seemed in a bright mood towards the crowd saying that he was really looking forward to the Cleveland show, and he always feels comfortable playing there.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »

Tommy was definitely pissed at the show.  I didn't make that up.  He was pissed off at the sound guy too and more than a couple of times.  I was in the very front and it was very easy to see.

EDIT:  That really pisses me off that you told me that I was making stuff up.  WHY THE FUCK WOULD I JUST MAKES SOMETHING UP??  I have never made anything up on this board and if you paid attention to anything you would realize that. Tommy was mouthing words to the crowd during a FEW songs but how does that mean he wasn't pissed off at the sound guys??  You can't do both at the same time??  Axl was in a good mood but he was pissed most of the night at the sound dumb asses. AS I SAID I WAS IN THE VERY FRONT and if you weren't then you probably didn't get to see him bitching at the sound guy or his bass tech and throwing shit down like Axl did and at one point he even knocked down his mic stand because he was pissed.  WAKE UP AND DON'T EVER TELL ME TO NOT MAKE STUFF UP!!!!  That's fucking bull shit.

because tommy stood infront of my section for most of the show... that's why... SO DON'T MAKE STUFF UP... he seemed alright, not too energetic but not pissed, he came closer to the crowd mouthing the words..... how do you know he was mad at this or that, speculating over it, and passing it as fact = making stuff up.

edit: if you read my review you would know that I was up close and to the right,j i could see where the band came in and where they changed instruments, i saw axl bitching and being pissed, and tommy switching bass guitars around, he didn't seem all too pissed...   and during all the show tommy did backups vocals i could hear him perfectly. and it wasn't just his ear piece it was the stage monitors that really pissed off axl.. he even said it before november rain started.

Wow, you're crazy.  It's not really that hard to see when someone is upset about something or if something is pissing him off.  I don't ever remember saying Tommy was pissed off ALL NIGHT LONG.  All I said was that he had his moments just like Axl did and Tommy was all over the stage during the night and didn't stay near one section.  I was in the center in the front and could see him very clearly.  If you were in a "section" as you said and therefore beside the stage in seats then you would have no idea about everything I saw, would you??  Did you ever notice that Tommy left the stage a couple of times during the show while he was playing??  You obviously saw every single thing that happened at the show and if you didn't see it then it didn't happen... Right??  Stop acting like a fucking 10 year old because if you didn't see shit happen that other people saw then don't act like it NEVER HAPPENED. 

And I don't remember saying that Axl's ear piece was the only thing going wrong and pissing him off last night, did I??  I do remember mentioning that at times Axl couldn't even be heard and completely cut out at times.  I'm done arguing with you about stuff that you missed.  You can't watch everyone at the same time and if something happened that I didn't see, I wouldn't be a fucking jack ass and tell people to stop making stuff up.  That's childish and it's stupid.  I'm sorry you feel the need to act that way but I'm happy that I obviously got to see much more of the show than you did.  You missed out on some cool shit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:02:12 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2006, 05:25:30 PM »

I was at the show last night and it was by leaps and bounds the best concert I have ever been too.  That being said I have never seen Guns before so of course I was going to have a great time, but I was really impressed with Axl's voice and how tight the new band sounded.  I was right up in the front row and in the center, so I can't really judge crowd reaction as everyone around me was a hardcore fan.  However my dad went to the show and was up in the seats, and he agreed that it was the best show he has ever seen, despite the sound problems.  My favorite songs of the night were YCBM, Axl fucking nailed the ending just like on the album, and Nightrain, even though i didn't like Ron's solo as much as Slash or Buckets.  Anyways, it was a great time and i hope GNR come back to Cleveland soon. beer

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2006, 05:44:48 PM »

I was at the show last night and it was by leaps and bounds the best concert I have ever been too.  That being said I have never seen Guns before so of course I was going to have a great time, but I was really impressed with Axl's voice and how tight the new band sounded.  I was right up in the front row and in the center, so I can't really judge crowd reaction as everyone around me was a hardcore fan.  However my dad went to the show and was up in the seats, and he agreed that it was the best show he has ever seen, despite the sound problems.  My favorite songs of the night were YCBM, Axl fucking nailed the ending just like on the album, and Nightrain, even though i didn't like Ron's solo as much as Slash or Buckets.  Anyways, it was a great time and i hope GNR come back to Cleveland soon. beer

I'm glad you had an awesome time at your first Guns show.  It will be something you never forget.  It's cool as hell that your dad went with you and I wish I could get my dad to go see Guns with me sometime.  That was the first time that I got to see Ron live and he didn't impress me as much as I had expected him too either.  Richard Fortus is the guitar player that impresses me the most.  That guy can fucking play like a mother fucker and I think he's just about as good of a guitar player that this band has ever had in it.  We'll see what he brings to CD in terms of music he has written but as far as just playing the guitar the guy is great.  Again, I'm glad you had a fun time and I'm hoping with you that they come back to the Cleveland area soon.

chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »

I just go back home from the Cleveland show last night. Where to start Bazz's band was pretty damn goodo the suicide girls can dance very well but I fucked up when they where on stage because I thought I would be smart and buy my merchandise real quik then get up front well I was standing there with my poster in hand about 2 rows back from the stage and one of them through a pitcher of water into the crowd and my poster got soaked I bought another oen at the end of the show though. Eeagles of death metal sucked badly so much so when axl took stage that night He refered to them if I remember it right the pidgons of shit metal and hwo they would never open for them again. I loved the band I will not post the setlist because it has already been posted but I was waiting for Axl to kill the soundguy he was super pissed the mic kept cutting out and the music kept changing volume radically but the band played fucking awsome one hell of a show. Axl told the sound got to just fucking go home not hide under the soundtable just fucking leave and he said it sounded like a busted am transiter radio. I think the band should put an add up and find a sound tech to go on tour with them that knows what the fuck they are doing. I just wanted to thank the band for putting up with the sound problems and giving one hell of a show  beer

Oh yeh I also got to meet megamusic from teh board when I was in line he's down to earth cool guy.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »

I was at the show last night and it was by leaps and bounds the best concert I have ever been too. That being said I have never seen Guns before so of course I was going to have a great time, but I was really impressed with Axl's voice and how tight the new band sounded. I was right up in the front row and in the center, so I can't really judge crowd reaction as everyone around me was a hardcore fan. However my dad went to the show and was up in the seats, and he agreed that it was the best show he has ever seen, despite the sound problems. My favorite songs of the night were YCBM, Axl fucking nailed the ending just like on the album, and Nightrain, even though i didn't like Ron's solo as much as Slash or Buckets. Anyways, it was a great time and i hope GNR come back to Cleveland soon. beer

i went to the show with estranged88, we got there at about 1 to wait in line. Maybe a little early....but well worth the wait. we fucking ran and got front and center. It was fucking AWESOME. axl was really great, especially considering all the "sound problems". i think he did a fantastic job even with that. Nighttrain was amazing, paradise city kicked ass, better and the blues were sweet. i personally hated robin's solos, i really can't stand his style, but other than that, ron and fortus were great. axl really hated that sound guy haha, calling him a dickhead and telling him, you might as well go home, there's really no reason for you to be here. the new songs fit perfectly into the setlist and were really great. axl seemed a little pissed to me the first few songs, between the sound guy and the guy he threw out, but then he was fine the rest of the night. he had so much energy and was just incredible. bach was sweet as well, although a little cheesy at some points, he definitely knows how to play to the crowd and got everyone going pretty good. some fuckers behind me ruined my michelle by getting into a fight, the security guard dove over me, blocking my view of the stage for a minute. i was fucking pissed. i caught bach's bassist's water bottle at the end of their set, thank god, i was so fucking thirsty! otherwise, a really fantastic show, best one ive ever been to. totally worth waiting 11 hours from start to finish

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »

I also forgot to mention I was in the back near the the soundguys when axl talked about the eagles of pigeon shit and the guitar player from that band was also back there when he heard axl say that he had this look on his face like what the fuck and stormed off. I will post pictures of the grey jersey I bought I don't think I have seen any pics of that on the forum any where I was $125 but I wanted it badly.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: