Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added  (Read 16065 times)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2006, 06:16:18 PM »

Great, time for plan B, Mineapolis here i come. I just hope someone can give me a ride up there. Its like a 2-3 hour drive there and back from here in Central Wisconsin.

Welcome to the show bud!!  The more the merrier!!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »

Hey cats, sex kitten and I were discussing how the midwest loves their metal. It's Axl's loss! Milwaukee would have probably been one of the best crowds for him! Let's hope he realizes this and makes another round when this tour is finished. He's just like having a kid...if ya know what I mean. Get sick can't go anywhere but ya love em just the same.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Annie
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2006, 06:58:18 PM »

This makes me very angry. From everything thats every happen in the past, this just sounds to unreal. We GNR fans (me not so much NE more) have been treated like crap are hole lives by this man. And now this. Think what the General public will have to say about this. It's cool to be a GNR fan, but when 90% of the Rock N Roll comunity thinks the band you like is a joke, is a little embarrassing. If he cancels any more shows I'm affrade he is doomed along with Chin Dem.

But NEway, Get well soon AXL

The Rolling Stones cancelled a few shows due to illness, does anyone think they are a joke because of this??

Strep is no joke.? Especially when you are a singer.? Granted they don't remove tonsils like they used to but getting that kind of infection is not fun and can be dangerous, not to mention painful.? The only thing that can be done is medication and rest, the illness has to run it's course.? If Axl doesn't stop and rest now it will only get worse and wind up with MORE cancellations in the future.
Totally true Bandita! What do you guys want him to do, end up in an ICU? I am really sad about missing this concert, but Axl's health is more important!Be glad that he is taking care of himself!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2006, 07:15:17 PM »

What the media is going to look at is the fact this is Guns N' Roses THIRD cancellation of a tour that currently has no album to support it. Nashville, Portland, now Milwaukee. What is the general public supposed to think when considering seeing the band play live?

While the Milwaukee cancellation appears to have a legitimate excuse, people are just going to say "Same old Axl", and not bother to buy tickets.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Dadud
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »

Great, time for plan B, Mineapolis here i come. I just hope someone can give me a ride up there. Its like a 2-3 hour drive there and back from here in Central Wisconsin.

*psst* you passing through black river falls on your way to the show? I need a ride :\
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »

Welcome to the show bud!!? The more the merrier!!

*psst* you passing through black river falls on your way to the show? I need a ride :\

Sorry, I live here.  If you were on the way to the Iowa show we could work something out. Buy a friend a discounted floor ticket, and have them drive.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Dadud
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

Sorry, I live here.  If you were on the way to the Iowa show we could work something out. Buy a friend a discounted floor ticket, and have them drive.

I dont know. You could sidetrack over here if you're heading down to Lacrosse then crossing the river. But then again, i still might have school, so whatever.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »

It was probably the cold, dry air in Canada that triggered the illness. IMHO anyway,
He was in Halifax and St. Johns not dry but humid locations same with T.O.  Just an FYI now if he was in Winnipeg , Regina, or Stoon then I would say maybe. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2006, 11:26:07 PM »

I read this on MyGNR regarding people getting refunds from tickets.com-

[quote name='madison' date='Nov 28 2006, 11:16 PM' post='1545702']
I thought I'd start a new thread to ensure everybody sees this.
Fans who bought GNR tickets through Tickets.com will be reimbursed the full face value plus convenience fees, but not handling fees, the way Ticketmaster is doing.

Earlier, there was a mixup at Tickets.com, where fans were incorrectly told they would not be reimbursed for convenience fees.  Merck looked into it, and has now confirmed that the Tickets.com is in the process of correcting the mixup.

Here's the response Merck received:

Dear Merck-

Thanks much for your email.  I?ve checked on this again ? the Customer Service
reps at tickets.com have all just been reminded again that for GNR, they should
be telling customers they will be refunding face value plus convenience fees,
but not handling fees - just like Ticketmaster.

Tickets.com normally does not refund the convenience fee when it refunds the
tickets it sells, and so apparently there may have been a Customer Service rep
there that gave out incorrect information to a GNR caller.  Please note however,
that GNR refunds are being processed tonight, and that the amounts refunded to
all credit cards will reflect face plus convenience charges.  Tickets.com
Customer Service reports less then 10 calls total for Guns N? Roses.

Apologies for the confusion.  It might be very helpful if Madison assured the
GNR Board that tickets.com is following the same refund policy as Ticketmaster.
 I noticed that the person complaining on the messageboard said he WILL be
refunded only face value ? not that he WAS refunded only face value.  I have
been assured that the correct refund of face plus convenience fee is and has
been correct in the tickets.com system all day.

If you have any questions or would like additional information, please just let
me know.

Thanks much,

David
[/i]

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=85386
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2006, 11:46:39 PM »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard how tickets were selling in Milwaukee?
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2006, 12:20:39 AM »

Not terribly, but it wasn't sold out.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2006, 12:46:57 AM »

hehe.....the poor dear.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2006, 12:55:09 AM »

Best to nip any sickness in the bud. I ignored a doctors warnings after being diagnosed with bronchitis. I was back in the ER a week later with pneumonia where I stayed for another 4 days.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:37 AM »

Actually Ticketmaster refunds all fees except what they charged to mail the tickets to you if you chose expedited service and the 1 or 2 dollar fee they get per order.? You do get most of the money back beyond the face value.

That really sucks about tickets.com though!

Thank you for being one of the only people around here that understands what I'm getting at here.? In the future, GNR should just fn go thru ticketmaster if they have another "fan club" presale because ticketmaster's refund policies are better for the FANS if the band can't play.? ?

Re-iterating what was said above, in one line, tickets.com have the same refund policy as ticketmaster and that will always be the case.

Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2006, 02:51:05 AM »

What the media is going to look at is the fact this is Guns N' Roses THIRD cancellation of a tour that currently has no album to support it. Nashville, Portland, now Milwaukee. What is the general public supposed to think when considering seeing the band play live?

While the Milwaukee cancellation appears to have a legitimate excuse, people are just going to say "Same old Axl", and not bother to buy tickets.

You have got to be shitting me. In case you live in a glass bubble- strept throat, the flu, as well as the stomach flu, and bronchitis are making their rounds. Do you think the man would rather stay in bed sick as a dog or play for his fans and have a good time partying afterwards?

Jesus, the man can't get sick without some assholes flying off the handle and making accusations.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2006, 02:55:34 AM »

At least they're canceling shows BEFORE the fans get to the venue now days. 

That's a definite improvement.  ok

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:46 AM »

Actually Ticketmaster refunds all fees except what they charged to mail the tickets to you if you chose expedited service and the 1 or 2 dollar fee they get per order.? You do get most of the money back beyond the face value.

That really sucks about tickets.com though!

Thank you for being one of the only people around here that understands what I'm getting at here.? In the future, GNR should just fn go thru ticketmaster if they have another "fan club" presale because ticketmaster's refund policies are better for the FANS if the band can't play.? ?

Re-iterating what was said above, in one line, tickets.com have the same refund policy as ticketmaster and that will always be the case.

Yes, for this show tickets.com are refunding all money except processing fees, about $3.00.   If someone from there tells you different, they are wrong.  I posted about this a while ago but it got lost in the shuffle.
ghsqb
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2006, 05:20:10 AM »

Wow first off, sorry to all the fans that didn't get to see GnR.
I actually have an anual batte with strep and it's nasty as hell to have.

The fact the man was performing at all in the early stages of it is incredible.

If it's progressed to the point where he's got the ear infection also, not to stir up shit, but I've got to imagine Fridya's show would be at risk also.
They've already stated they intend to be there, and it's true that once you start taking penicillin you start to feel better pretty quickly, there's no doubt that it would still be very difficult to sing, particularly the way Axl does, that soon after having strep.

Here's hoping he's up to doing Friday, but i wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. If he is, the man's a freaking warrior.
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »

Yeah, I've had strep 4 or 5 times in my life, and I could hardly talk or swallow without extreme pain for like... a week.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2006, 09:47:01 AM »

just wondering, why didn't they reschedule the show instead of cancelling it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: