Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228069 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Even without CD...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Even without CD...  (Read 5605 times)
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »

after chinese democracy.
Now theres a concept....after Chinese Democracy
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »

Screw the shows, release the god damn album! ?

Amen.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »

Sorry but I want the CD, I saw them live and it was amazin' but after all these years waitin' a tour (tribute tour with a few new songs) is not enough for me
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 12:02:31 PM »

I just want the album, who cares about the tour. They have tour for years without this album and its still called the CD tour

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NJ Guns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »

After seeing the "Chinese Democracy (yeah right)" tour five times now I think I'd like to have the album now.  Not really looking forward to the 2008 "Chinese Democracy (really we mean it this time)" tour.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »

Without some sort of original material this band will be seen as nothing more than a nostalgia based cover band. That ultimately diminishes the legacy of Guns N' Roses, and it is really sad to see happen. I have seen them 4 times now, and as much as I love the shows I am not plopping down anymore money on tickets until they prove these tours are nothing more than a cash grab by actually releasing an album.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 12:50:44 PM »

Agreed. The album would be great. But what could be better than getting to see your favorite band in concert? smoking

yeah right....
seeing them once every year really makes it worth it....
not in my book.
and I dont feel like downloading some bullshit bootlegs to hear the new songs.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 01:37:31 PM »

The shows are great, but it's time to release the cd now. Otherwise, suck it up, get Slash and Duff back and do the nostalgia tour with the musicians that actually helped write the material. My opinion on it anyhow.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

I dont know about anyone else here, but if GnR toured for the next 2 years and kept bringing in new songs besides the ones we have been hearing, I would be satisfied, its all about the music, no politics ok

I couldn't disagree more than I do now.  I have seen them live, and I LOVED the show and LOVED the new songs but I want to be able to listen to the new songs at home.  And I want to be able to listen to a top quality sounding studio version of those songs.  Not leaked demos or cheap bad sound bootlegs.  They must release the album.  And if they don't I'll put them in the same category as Poison.  Poison can do a kick ass show but at this point they are a nostalgia act nothing more.  And GNR is becoming that unfortunately.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »

I dont know about anyone else here, but if GnR toured for the next 2 years and kept bringing in new songs besides the ones we have been hearing, I would be satisfied, its all about the music, no politics ok

I couldn't disagree more than I do now.? I have seen them live, and I LOVED the show and LOVED the new songs but I want to be able to listen to the new songs at home.? And I want to be able to listen to a top quality sounding studio version of those songs.? Not leaked demos or cheap bad sound bootlegs.? They must release the album.? And if they don't I'll put them in the same category as Poison.? Poison can do a kick ass show but at this point they are a nostalgia act nothing more.? And GNR is becoming that unfortunately.

i agree that shit might happen, i don't think gnr are their yet though but if action isn't taken soon alot of credibility will be lost.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 09:13:53 PM »

Agreed. The album would be great. But what could be better than getting to see your favorite band in concert? smoking

yeah right....
seeing them once every year really makes it worth it....
not in my book.
and I dont feel like downloading some bullshit bootlegs to hear the new songs.

well i saw them 3 times this year.  once at the hammerstein and twice at the joint in vegas.   no i would not trade those 3 shows for the album in my hands.   
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 09:25:01 PM »

Agreed.? The album would be great.? But what could be better than getting to see your favorite band in concert?? smoking? ?

Holding the long-awaited album by your favorite band in your hands.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »

I'm going in December to night three of L.A.. If they aren't adding new songs by then, it'll be the last one I go to until the record's out. In fact, had they put the album out, I would have bought tickets to all three Gibson Amp shows and encouraged others to go. Who knows, maybe by the L.A. shows the record will be out and they'll be switching in all the other songs from that leaked setlist that we apparently can't discuss and I'll be sorry I doubted them.

Until then, once was great in August and I'll hope for the best for December. I paid to see Guns N' Roses, not 3 very talented six-figure Yngwie's chewing up half the show. Twice will be more than enough of that. They're great players and I'm sure they're nice guys, but yeah.

Lots of other people will be there enjoying it in my place, and that's good. I have my criticisms but I still think for what it is it's a great rock show experience and I wish Axl success.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 09:41:16 PM »

HELL NO.

If you prefer a show over the album you definitely don't speak for me. What if Floyd only toured The Dark Side Of The Moon album and never released it? I don't think so...

The majority of us have been waiting on the album, not a tour.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »

I want an album as much as anyone.  I think getting Chinese Democracy out validates the band (as in, the new band members).  Once they've released something as GNR, then they truly become a part of GNR's history, and since they do a good job with old material and new, I'd like to see them get the credit they deserve.  I want to see everyone in that fucking arena jump  to their feet when the opening notes of "Better" are played, because it just blew away the radio competition, and made music GOOD again.  They deserve that kind of reception, and some of us give it to them each night, but until there's an album, the new songs will mostly get polite applause, but not much more.

If GNR were a small, local, fairly unknown band, the audience in their local clubs would be cheering like crazy when Axl jumps on that piano during The Blues.  But, old fans (mostly) aren't going to be grabbed by the balls by something they've heard once in concert.  I want the critics to be proven wrong.  I want the candy assed music industry that puts out bubblegum pop and emo junk to be proven wrong.  And, as much as I love 'em, I want the layers of hope for Axl's failure and/or complete lack of interest from former bandmates to be proven wrong. 

Oh, and I just want the fuckin' album, too.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 11:26:48 PM »

us loyal and VERY patient fans of Axl and Guns'n'Roses need a CD. We need it. We want it. sooner than latter. If this album were sex we'd all be blue. just saying, we've been patient and loyal for many years we should be rewarded. beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
McDuff
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 01:21:04 AM »

But what could be better than getting to see your favorite band in concert??

having CD would be better,without an album it gets kind of stupid touring if you're not really promoting something,not that I'm saying Axl is stupid for touring I'm happy about it  smoking
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

gnr on tour with no album is a hell of a lot better than gnr not on tour with no album!

My thoughts exactly.  You have to remember that we aren't bon jovi fans, expect the unexpected, this is gnr.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2006, 01:38:36 AM »

GNR is edging closer to being nothing more than a nostalgia act on par with KISS at this point - I don't care about the band touring, because quite frankly I grew tired of AFD and subpar "fan favorites" like LALD a long time ago.[

GNR would actually improve their legacy by just disappearing if this record is not going to become a reality. It's time to put up or shut up, and when January 1st clicks over without CD, the press is going to pounce on the band and tear apart whatever credibility they have left.

It really sucks, because I'd like to see my once-favorite band actually do something that validates their existance beyond being the world's best GNR cover band.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 03:06:20 AM »

GNR is edging closer to being nothing more than a nostalgia act on par with KISS at this point - I don't care about the band touring, because quite frankly I grew tired of AFD and subpar "fan favorites" like LALD a long time ago.[

GNR would actually improve their legacy by just disappearing if this record is not going to become a reality. It's time to put up or shut up, and when January 1st clicks over without CD, the press is going to pounce on the band and tear apart whatever credibility they have left.

It really sucks, because I'd like to see my once-favorite band actually do something that validates their existance beyond being the world's best GNR cover band.

I agree.  And if they don't deliver this year.  Not only will they become a nostalgia act like Kiss, Poison and so forth but they will be considered a cover band.  And this lineup deserves so much better.  But without an album they won't be fully considered GNR.  And it is sad because they are talented.  But I'm afraid that come Jan 1st GNR will zero credibility forever if CD ain't coming out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: