Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:09:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Slashead and Beta, update thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slashead and Beta, update thread  (Read 15285 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 02:58:06 AM »

If Paul McCartney hired some random musicians and started touring under the Beatles' logo there would probably people to say that we all should accept it because, you know, it's 2006...

I'll download it !
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 03:03:47 AM »

If Paul McCartney hired some random musicians and started touring under the Beatles' logo there would probably people to say that we all should accept it because, you know, it's 2006...

That is totally different.  Why?  Because John Lennon and George Harrison are DEAD!  Now don't get me wrong.  I LOVE the old GNR band.  I' have been a fan since 1987 so I love the original lineup.  But reality is that Slash, Duff and Izzy all left.  THEY LEFT THE BAND!  End of discussion.  They didn't want to be in anymore so they left.  Get over it or just stick to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI albums and stop following GNR if you can't get over that fact.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 03:10:59 AM »

That is totally different.? Why?? Because John Lennon and George Harrison are DEAD!? Now don't get me wrong.? I LOVE the old GNR band.? I' have been a fan since 1987 so I love the original lineup.? But reality is that Slash, Duff and Izzy all left.? THEY LEFT THE BAND!? End of discussion.? They didn't want to be in anymore so they left.? Get over it or just stick to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI albums and stop following GNR if you can't get over that fact.
So just because Lennon and Harrison are dead, Paul McCartney has no right to hire some random musicians and tour under the Beatles' name ? Are you kidding me ?
And if a GNR fan isn't sticking to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI then what is he sticking to ? Is there something else to stick to ? Even Axl is sticking to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI (Down in the Farm).

So what are you talking about ?

I'll download it !
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »

That is totally different.? Why?? Because John Lennon and George Harrison are DEAD!? Now don't get me wrong.? I LOVE the old GNR band.? I' have been a fan since 1987 so I love the original lineup.? But reality is that Slash, Duff and Izzy all left.? THEY LEFT THE BAND!? End of discussion.? They didn't want to be in anymore so they left.? Get over it or just stick to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI albums and stop following GNR if you can't get over that fact.
So just because Lennon and Harrison are dead, Paul McCartney has no right to hire some random musicians and tour under the Beatles' name ? Are you kidding me ?
And if a GNR fan isn't sticking to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI then what is he sticking to ? Is there something else to stick to ? Even Axl is sticking to AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2 and TSI (Down in the Farm).

So what are you talking about ?

What I am talking about is pretty simple.? It is crystal clear if you ask me.? McCartney doesn't solely own the rights to the Beatles name.  Him, Ring, Lennon's widow and Harrison's widow owe the name of the beatles.  Axl owns GNR's name at 100% because Slash, Duff and Izzy gave up their rights to it.  If you can't accept the new lineup and can't get over the fact that this new lineup is GNR now and not the same one as in 1992 then leave.? Stop following them because this is it.? That is one thing that they have made clear since the beginning that GNR is a whole new lineup.? Understand?? Because I will not continue this silly debate anymore.?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 03:52:56 AM by GNFNRAXL » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 03:47:34 AM »

Betas lack of respect for board members (which is so desrespectful that I despise this woman), Axls rant about board members at a show, Dels write up that was on the GNR.com page, and the showing up late at concerts that cause people to miss their rides home have got me upset to the point that I could care less about NuGNR.? I've been a devoted follower, defended Axl for years and I feel that its all in vain.? ?I fucking hate that I feel that way too considering how much of a fan I am and how long I've been a part of the GNR online community.?

CO-SIGN 100 percent.

I think its pretty lame to come on here and talk shit to fans. Dont she have better things to do? Like clip Axl's toenails or get him a sandwich or something?

The guy was stupid sayin the Mic Stand thing but its not like a national media source would troll the board, see that and put it in the news.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 03:51:08 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

It makes us all look like fools.

Most people here do that on their own with no problem.

Maybe she is sick of reading bullshit posts from people? Also remember that sarcasm is a tough to figure sometimes on a message board, much less with a tad bit of language barrier.

I don't blame her one bit. If somebody who is cracking a jokes gets caught in friendly fire, well, that is just the way it goes.   

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 03:57:57 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2006, 03:59:11 AM »

Betas lack of respect for board members (which is so desrespectful that I despise this woman), Axls rant about board members at a show, Dels write up that was on the GNR.com page, and the showing up late at concerts that cause people to miss their rides home have got me upset to the point that I could care less about NuGNR.? I've been a devoted follower, defended Axl for years and I feel that its all in vain.? ?I fucking hate that I feel that way too considering how much of a fan I am and how long I've been a part of the GNR online community.?

CO-SIGN 100 percent.

I think its pretty lame to come on here and talk shit to fans. Dont she have better things to do? Like clip Axl's toenails or get him a sandwich or something?

The guy was stupid sayin the Mic Stand thing but its not like a national media source would troll the board, see that and put it in the news.

I don't entirely agree with you on this.? But her "talking shit to the fans".? GNR and their management must realise something.? We as fans are not just fans.? We are customers.? We buy GNR'S merchandise, concert tickets, albums and so forth.? And when you are in business because wether we like it or not GNR is a business.? You have to appreciate your customers even when you think they are assholes.? You can't just treat em like shit or talk shit to them when you don't like what they say or do and then ask for their business and money afterwards.? And without the fans GNR wouldn't sell merch, albums and tix.? And if they don't sell tix well no promoter will want to have them play and if they can't play they can't make money.? Does it entitle that guy to start a shit rumour like that?? Absolutely not!? But you can clear the air on such rumours while making sure your customers come back.?
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2006, 04:02:32 AM »

It makes us all look like fools.

Most people here do that on their own with no problem.

Maybe she is sick of reading bullshit posts from people? Also remember that sarcasm is a tough to figure sometimes on a message board, much less with a tad bit of language barrier.

I don't blame her one bit. If somebody who is cracking a jokes gets caught in friendly fire, well, that is just the way it goes.? ?

You do like your corporate-rock, SLC"PUNK", don't you ? hihi

I'll download it !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 04:03:25 AM »

I expect someone in GNR management or in that camp to at least deflect rumors with class and not try to act like a bad ass behind a computer. Doin that just sinks to the level of the members on here doing that.

I got a post deleted..............

This place is starting to feel like Fight Club.

rule number 1. U are not allowed to talk about Fight Club

SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2006, 04:06:48 AM »

You do like your corporate-rock, SLC"PUNK", don't you ? hihi

I can tell you what I don't like.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 04:11:06 AM »

I expect someone in GNR management or in that camp to at least deflect rumors with class and not try to act like a bad ass behind a computer.

I disagree.

People deserve back what they put out.

Don't like somebody telling you to fuck off? Don't be a dick.

People think they have the right to come here (and other boards) and say whatever they want about Axl, when they don't know a damn thing. Then the same posters complain about critics who do the same thing, upset about how "unfair" it is to Axl.  Roll Eyes

I mean, do you see the hypocrisy here? These same posters who get their panties in a wad about ?how Axl never gets a fair shake from the press?, also talk shit about him all day long. The most ironic thing about all of this is watching rumors start on the message boards and make their way into mainstream media print news. It may be that the people who complain about the unfair press may actually be part of the problem. Ever thought about that?

Imagine that even after you offer an apology, or make an official statement, people turn around and turn it into something else. They don?t accept it, they want it to be what they think it is instead. People wonder why Axl had rarely spoken to the press before, or interacted with fans that often. Well, look at how everybody acts when he does! Why the hell would he want to after that? What he says is irrelevant to some people and that is obvious.

It?s no damn wonder Beta comes on here and tells people to get a life and shut the fuck up. She is right, they should do both.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:22:27 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 04:17:32 AM »

How bout when the say something true though and it gets deleted for being "negative"...... that isnt fair either.

What they dont realize is, some dumb asses out there probably kick this huge kick out of actually having someone from GNR's team call them names, probably makes them feel special. Axl's assistant called me a name, Alright!  and that fuels others to say even more shit so maybe they will get called out.

I just expect them to be a little more professional when dealing with fans cause it makes her look just as bad coming on here and acting that way.

U can do it in a better way and still get the same point across.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 04:24:12 AM »

I just expect them to be a little more professional when dealing with fans cause it makes her look just as bad coming on here and acting that way.

Again, look at the other side: I think the fans should act in a more respectful way, which they sure don't.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 04:33:46 AM »

You want to talk about respect ? That should be mutual, don't you think ?

Check your PM's, Slcpunk.

I'll download it !
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 04:37:07 AM »

Whoop-de-do man. Another third rate story from some third rate security guard. Reminds me of the third rate stories I read from third rate hacks on this board.

And from a message board no less, mygnr........a third rate message board.

That's my point!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 04:43:05 AM »

I expect someone in GNR management or in that camp to at least deflect rumors with class and not try to act like a bad ass behind a computer.

I disagree.

People deserve back what they put out.

I'm sure they do, but sometimes it is beneficial to take the high road.

The bottom line is that Beta is basically acting as a representative of the band and it reflects poorly on both her and the band to stoop to that level. I can understand her frustration, but she needs to learn how to handle it in a more professional manner instead of slinging shit along with them.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 04:45:48 AM »

Whoop-de-do man. Another third rate story from some third rate security guard. Reminds me of the third rate stories I read from third rate hacks on this board.

And from a message board no less, mygnr........a third rate message board.

That's my point!
Whatever...
The story I sent you is true. It has been reported by several people.

Mygnr a third rate message board ? htgth must be a fifth or sixth rate then... hihi
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:51:30 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 04:48:15 AM »

i wouldn't beleive anyone who uses the name 'Slashead' in the first place? hihi
I'm pretty sure that if I used "Adolf Hitler" as nickname, you would be my biggest fan... hihi

I'll download it !
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 04:48:46 AM »

htgth must be a fifth or sixth rate then...

It's the posters that make a board what it is, so you may be right.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2006, 04:51:56 AM »

I'm sure they do, but sometimes it is beneficial to take the high road.

I understand your point.

However when they are a given professional manner (official statements etc) they still act like morons. They should be addressed as such IMO.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: