Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum [DISCUSSION]  (Read 36981 times)
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

The part I find interesting is that nobody has reported the commitment that was made to make the show.  It took 5 to 6.5 hours longer than normal, but if you don't view this board you wouldn't have known that. Any other musician that made this commitment and it would have been on every ET, Extra show.  I would just like to see some positive press about GnR, and this would have been a perfect opporturnity.  Also, if any other musician would have cancelled then no big deal.  But if Axl would have cancelled then everybody would have a negative comment.  I just found this a very positive post with how committed that GnR is to their die-hard fans, and that everything will be a success. It makes me excited about the next few months with an album release and a second part of a tour.

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »

Stuck in either Chicago or Indiana due to the storm is my bet.? But who knows, I would imagine they could have got in a car and driven in.? We all know that a storm was headed for the Midwest, so they should have made their contingency travel plans yesterday.? This is Axl, and this is GNR though.? Probably was back home in Indiana chilling with his old buddies, and forgot what time it was.

And there you are talking out of your ass. That shows that you don't know nothing about nothing and of course don't know Axl. We did not forget the time, did not even took a chance of waiting to fly. Left Chicago around noon. What would normally take about 5 to 6 hours, it took us 10 1/2 hours. Please know that I am not explainning myself to you but trying to let people know the truth. And, if you were trying to be funny, bad joke.

The part I find interesting is that nobody has reported the commitment that was made to make the show.? It took 5 to 6.5 hours longer than normal, but if you don't view this board you wouldn't have known that. Any other musician that made this commitment and it would have been on every ET, Extra show.? I would just like to see some positive press about GnR, and this would have been a perfect opporturnity.? Also, if any other musician would have cancelled then no big deal.? But if Axl would have cancelled then everybody would have a negative comment.? I just found this a very positive post with how committed that GnR is to their die-hard fans, and that everything will be a success. It makes me excited about the next few months with an album release and a second part of a tour.

A great observation and a great first post  peace
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2006, 04:03:15 AM »

totally agree, on that point!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Annie
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43:57 AM »

The part I find interesting is that nobody has reported the commitment that was made to make the show.? It took 5 to 6.5 hours longer than normal, but if you don't view this board you wouldn't have known that. Any other musician that made this commitment and it would have been on every ET, Extra show.? I would just like to see some positive press about GnR, and this would have been a perfect opporturnity.? Also, if any other musician would have cancelled then no big deal.? But if Axl would have cancelled then everybody would have a negative comment.? I just found this a very positive post with how committed that GnR is to their die-hard fans, and that everything will be a success. It makes me excited about the next few months with an album release and a second part of a tour.

A great observation and a great first post? peace
I totally agree. That is why I posted about the weather in previous posts! Where I work we are THRILLED that people show up during snowstorms! Otherwise we have to stay!
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2006, 01:27:33 AM »

Please, do us all a favor and stay home.? Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact.? You say you're concerned about the psychophants?? You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with.? Try being on this side of the fence.? Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet.? The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.? ?

Beta, I know that you mean well and that you have Axl's best interest at heart.
But honestly, I don't think it's wise to be insulting and alienating fans who have been standing behind the band for many many years. The large majority of people who come to these forums have stood by the band for years - These are Axl's dedicated and most diehard fans.? I realize you want to defend Axl and explain the situation - which is admirable - but attacking fans is not.? Just my opinion, my friend.  ?

benchiefjr
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2006, 01:33:16 AM »

i enjoyed this concert......now onto the cd?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2006, 01:33:57 AM »

Please, do us all a favor and stay home.  Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact.  You say you're concerned about the psychophants?  You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with.  Try being on this side of the fence.  Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet.  The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.   

But honestly, I don't think it's wise to be insulting and alienating fans who have been standing behind the band for many many years. The large majority of people who come to these forums have stood by the band for years - These are Axl's dedicated and most diehard fans.  I realize you want to defend Axl and explain the situation - which is admirable - but attacking fans is not.  Just my opinion, my friend.   

Madison, I know that you mean well and that you have your own interest at heart.
But honestly, I don't think it's wise to be talking like anyone here gives a shit about your opinion. The large majority of people who come to this forum actually stand by the band as a musical group, and not a tool to run ticket scalping ads, such as the ones your site ran in 2002.
FairyLace
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2006, 02:27:39 AM »

I give a shit about Madison's opinion...so there  Tongue
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2006, 02:42:58 AM »

But honestly, I don't think it's wise to be insulting and alienating fans who have been standing behind the band for many many years. The large majority of people who come to these forums have stood by the band for years - These are Axl's dedicated and most diehard fans.  I realize you want to defend Axl and explain the situation - which is admirable - but attacking fans is not.  Just my opinion, my friend.   

I think the real problem is that "fans who have been standing behind the band" and Axl for years seem to show up here with only negativity.  I still truly do not understand why those who are negative about the current band's members or material would be wasting their time here. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2006, 04:43:21 AM »

Please, do us all a favor and stay home.  Bad jokes, innuendo, double meanings and cheeky sarcasm only leads to online confusion which in turn becomes bastardized into fact.  You say you're concerned about the psychophants?  You have no legs to stand on or for that matter fingers to type with.  Try being on this side of the fence.  Oh yeah, you would have to be a responsible professional and not someone spends way too much time being negative on the internet.  The band will be absolutely fine without your money and support, especially since what you call support is what we call being a pest so maybe we're all better off without each other.   

are you fucking kidding me? 

you're just jealous that management shuns your board, and thats because your board has 10 times the negative posts.  you allow people to troll and whine for slash day in and day out.    i think its awesome beta is taking the time here to post and give us her thoughts and i dont blame her one bit for lashing out at those who wish to come here and be negative day in and day out.     Just my opinion, my friend.
madison
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »

are you fucking kidding me??

you're just jealous that management shuns your board, and thats because your board has 10 times the negative posts.? you allow people to troll and whine for slash day in and day out.? ? i think its awesome beta is taking the time here to post and give us her thoughts and i dont blame her one bit for lashing out at those who wish to come here and be negative day in and day out.? ? ?Just my opinion, my friend.

Dude, perhaps you didn't read the thread close enough. If you had, you would see that the person she attacked - and told to "stay at home" and claimed the band "will be absolutely fine without your money and support" - was a diehard fan who had spent more than $5,000 traveling around to see the band since 2001. This wasn't a troll bashing the band - this was a dedicated, diehard fan who had been supporting the band for years.? Yet, you think it's somehow cool for her to insult and alienate fans like that?? Sorry, but I just don't think it's smart - and I doubt Axl would either.

I understand her wish to defend Axl and the band, but insulting and alienating Axl's fanbase isn't the way to do it. I think she means well - but let her emotions get in the way.

As for our forum, yes, we do encourage freedom of speech - but we don't allow anybody - and it doesn't matter who you are - to attack other members. You should know this more than anybody Jim Bob - since you've been banned from our forum multiple times for doing just that.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

As for our forum, yes, we do encourage freedom of speech - but we don't allow anybody - and it doesn't matter who you are - to attack other members.

That's nice. You have rules.

I'm a member there, but I guess I don't count.

Maybe you meant to say "we don't allow anybody - and it doesn't matter who you are - to attack other members unless you're attacking Jarmo"?

The opinion of a few uninformed posters at MyGNR doesn't bother me. But when you claim to have rules, which aren't exactly being enforced, it makes me laugh.

So before you come here to teach us about how to run our board and tell off one of our posters, maybe you need to look over your own house first?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 12:34:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madison
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

That's nice. You have rules.

I'm a member there, but I guess I don't count.

Maybe you meant to say "we don't allow anybody - and it doesn't matter who you are - to attack other members unless you're attacking Jarmo"?..

That's not true, my friend.
We have a large board, and we don't always see the posts as soon as they're posted. But as soon as we do see them, I can assure you that warnings are given to members who attack you or anybody else, and we have deleted many threads that were started solely to diss you.? I think posts and threads like that are totally out of line.?

We all share a common bond - the band's music - and it's pointless and juvenile when people try to create forum wars.? I've never supported such a thing and never will.? ..  And just so you know - The only reason I brought up our forum at all in my post was to respond to Jim Bob's post attacking us.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

You two should take this elsewhere and do not ruin a concert discussion thread with some boards' disagreements.  Grin

Offtopic: And yes, I agree that it was Jim Bob talking out of his ass, as we know very well that the subject of these attacks (minneapolisnewsman) has been a much bigger supporter of the band over the years than Jim Bob has been. Yet, only a couple of posters actually dared to defend minneapolisnewsman in here....sad. Sad

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »

You two should take this elsewhere and do not ruin a concert discussion thread with some boards' disagreements.  Grin

Offtopic: And yes, I agree that it was Jim Bob talking out of his ass, as we know very well that the subject of these attacks (minneapolisnewsman) has been a much bigger supporter of the band over the years than Jim Bob has been. Yet, only a couple of posters actually dared to defend minneapolisnewsman in here....sad. Sad
you are the one talking our your ass, my friend.  i'm as big a supporter of this band as anyone else.      whats up fucked up is you people attacking someone close to the GNR camp who actually has information we all want.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:24:44 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Look, I have nothing to do with mygnr and I am not defending Madison or her board. I am just trying to defend a guy who I believe was wrongfully attacked (probably as a result of some misunderstanding and bad luck). Only a couple of others dared to do that.
I visit your Robin board and think it is very cool and I know alot about you and that you are a fan. Yet, I still think I am more impressed with minneapoilsnewsman as far as support for the band - because support in my opinion should go a bit more than just posting statements online.
And I am also saddened by your openly kissass attitude.....Beta comes in the house and you immediately edit your post from saying "mygnr and other boards harbor gnr haters and suck, etc" to "I am a big supporter of the band."
Let others judge this for ya.  ok
Sorry for the offtopic. Jarmo, please delete if deemed necessary.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »

Look, I have nothing to do with mygnr and I am not defending Madison or her board. I am just trying to defend a guy who I believe was wrongfully attacked (probably as a result of some misunderstanding and bad luck). Only a couple of others dared to do that.
I visit your Robin board and think it is very cool and I know alot about you and that you are a fan. Yet, I still think I am more impressed with minneapoilsnewsman as far as support for the band - because support in my opinion should go a bit more than just posting statements online.
And I am also saddened by your openly kissass attitude.....Beta comes in the house and you immediately edit your post from saying "mygnr and other boards harbor gnr haters and suck, etc" to "I am a big supporter of the band."
Let others judge this for ya.  ok
Sorry for the offtopic. Jarmo, please delete if deemed necessary.

i've seen the band 4 times.. i dont know how much more support could possibly give them..  (unless i had more money)

the poster made a joke in bad taste, i dont doubt his support for the band.. but this is exactly the kind of thing that makes Axl hate the internet, don't you think?   People who read something like his post casually get the wrong idea and thats how misconceptions start.   its already been explained..   And I attacked mygnr because I find the stuff that goes on there disgusting and in terrible taste and then madison comes here with her condescending bullshit like this is mygnr?  fuck that.   beta is closer to axl than any of us, way closer.. so if she is upset by something posted here, she has the right to defend herself and Axl.

i'm done with this.  i simply wanted to explain myself.
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »

How cool is it............that the concert that I attended, the concert that I was in front row at, would be the topic where the forum wars (mygnrforum vs. HTGTH) would begin.  beer
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2006, 01:59:17 PM »

There's no forum war. Tongue
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Damn it!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print