Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sad reading for proper Guns N Roses fans
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sad reading for proper Guns N Roses fans  (Read 10050 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 04:59:34 PM »

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the Sex Pistols in relation to this topic, back on GN'R please.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 05:04:10 PM »

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the Sex Pistols in relation to this topic, back on GN'R please.

but i talked about the SP in compareason to GNR ?
how is that not on topic ?

i'm out !

PEACE

smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »

From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Slash guesting on that American Idol reject's album.   <shivers>  Just say no, Slash!

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 07:07:21 PM »

Who really cares what reporters say...when there positive people love em when there negative u bag em.. ok
Its only there opinion...The fans whove been to the shows and heard the leaks know that this is a real band , and a talented one ok If this was just an Axl band there wouldent be any solos and he wouldent leave the stage.. hihi
So i think whenever CD does come out and IS huge lets wait and see how many of these reporters and such get back on the bandwagon.. hihi  Sorry for rambling.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:59 PM »

This is a good thread, i agree with the original post, sometimes it really sucks to see the stuff thats out there.
My stepfather is a big classic rock fan, in the 70s he used to see Zep, The Who, The Stones, etc. I think U2 is the only band he's paid attention to since the 70s. Well last week I was talking to him about GNR and i couldn't believe what he said to me: "I don't understand how Axl Rose still gets such a reaction and why people still talk about him so much when he didn't do much. What did he have two albums? They weren't around very long. I think it's just that he's a drunk drug addict asshole and people want to see what he's going to do next. It's not about the music, it's just about being part of an event."

Obviously it upset me, but i realized he's not a fan, and all he knows is he remembers WTTJ and Patience and probably a few others and what he heard or read on the news. He remembers riots and arrests, he remembers manson shirts and controversial lyrics, and he remembers a band that was famous for their lifestyle as much as anything -- now he hears about Axl sometimes, and as far as he knows its the same guy but now he's older and people make fun of his hair and his weight and they say he's crazy his band is broken up and sometimes he doesn't show up to his shows - whatever. It just struck me how its such a shame that people would have those perceptions, and it sucks too because GNR might be the only other band i could see my stepfather enjoying if he cared to pay attention.

dude the sex pistols were a formulated commercial gimmick. they did what they were told my malcom and made a fucking fortune pretending to not want to make a fortune.

the sex pistols had no musical integrity, vicious was a hack he couldn't play bass and was hired only for his image.

they are the exact opposite of what they were advertised as standing for.

THAT is exactly why you cannot touch the sex pistols.
because no matter what you say, they say fuck you.
you see, it's so far in the irony and the ridiculous, that it blows your mind and is free at the end.

no matter what they do, and how ridiculous they are, and how you can "obejctively" destroy them and argue agains their integrity, in the end, they win, cause they don't care and they're the sex pistols.
it's a cycle.
just like punk. punk is what ever you want. and fake punks, punk posers, are so punk yuo cannot even undertstand it.

and the more we try to prove the sex pistols didnt have integrity, the more they have it.

same with axl.
you cannot touch him.
why ?
cause he does not care. and these past 10 years have proven that.
i'm sick of waiting, it's annoying.
he is an asshole sometimes

but in the end, he did what he wanted to. and that's cool Smiley

GREAT post!
I think that's part of why you see young kids who are GNR fans (the other thing is of course the music is that good). Kids who were just born when Illusions came out. Being a GNR fan is always cool in a timeless way.
I think the criticism that's out there now is because it's that time when typically Axl should be a joke - so much time has passed and kids are supposed to have new rock stars now. There's supposed to be all kinds of cool that he can't touch, but the fact is, you can't take away that kind of do-what-you-want cool. There's a great appeal in that and it always wins out. Axl Rose does what he wants, and the reason he can, is because he's Axl fucking Rose. It leaves you with only two choices, you can be pissed by it, or you can be in awe of it. Get on board or fuck off.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 07:28:23 AM »

Axl and GNR have never been short of detractors. Even when they were the biggest band in the world, there were still many circles in which they were regarded with the utmost disdain.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 01:10:51 PM »

Some of the recent media from journalists and half arsed rock bands (EODM) is very sad reading for me and I am sure it is the same for other true Guns N Roses fans. To me it is nothing other than a cheap shot at Axl so that they can get a couple of minutes in the limelight. What are Guns N Roses doing that is so bad at the moment? They have completed a very successful European tour and are half way through an American tour that is getting really good reviews from the proper credible journalists who actually know a bit about music. If this is a bad thing then I really am missing something. These people who are writing some awful articles about the band and Axl are doing a pretty cowardly thing by taking pot shots at the band and more specifically Axl. We are talking about one of the most successful bands ever here. They know exactly what they are doing with regards to the album, when it will come out and what the marketing strategy will be. What right does some pathetic journalist who writes shit just to get a bit notice in the american media know about the band and their plans? Now when the album comes out and they want to slate it (which I doubt they will be able to anyway) then thats their fucking perogitive because they will actually be able to base it on something that is there to make comments on and discuss. At the moment they are just taking shots at things that a ten year old child may do, things like; Axl's hair or his plastic surgery. It's so fucking pathetic, if I had trained to be a journalist I sure as hell would want to write my articles on fact based subjects to get a good reputation, and not just make shit up to try and make a fast buck and look cool amoungst all the other sheep out there in the media world. These people are parasites! Me being just a nobody 30 year old from England sure as hell isnt going to have the power to make them stop writing this shit, but I just hope they feel pretty fucking stupid when this album comes out and Axl and the rest of the band show us what they are all about. I also hope that certain people who use this board who also jump on the negative bandwagon like these journalists can look at things in a postive light, and not go down the route that these fucking pricks who call themselves journalits have. You particular people are meant to be Guns N Roses fans come what may! So lets all stick together and wait for the album and then watch it all go mental, when it does come out. Meanwhile those journalists will be back writing about some grandma having her shopping stolen or a cat being stuck in a tree! Here's to the new album and to these wankers two minutes in the limelight being over! Mike

Nice to see that this has stayed a pretty postive thread! Also great to see that after the show last night there have been a couple of great reviews released already that paint the band in right way! Wicked photos as well! Mike

Joblow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »

All you GNR fans guess what. People have opinions. And these opinions might be alot different than all of yours. Yes, yes I know this might be hard for you all to grasp as it was for me, But as of right now most people who listen to Rock music think the band is a joke. And why would I say such a horrible thing? Because I visit alot more message boards than this, and I hang out at alot of bars and clubs. The word on the street is this band is a joke.  And I feel that maybe, just maybe, they dont care about Chin Dem, and feel that the music might not be that good. Is it that hard to grasp?Huh? The general public dont care. THATS WHY WE HAVE THE BAD REVIEWS. Im not trying to be mean here and I hope this doesnt get deleted. I like GNR and wish the best of luck to them. If your a true fan these "bad reviews"  wouldnt bother you, because your in it for the music, not the lime light of wanting to be cool because of the music you listen to. That would go against everything Chin Dem stands for...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:13:43 PM by Joblow » Logged
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 04:10:31 PM »

axl rose is technically and coldly proving the world that he, and only him, represents integrity.

the fact that people are writing hundreds of articles about how ridiculous he is, shows only one thing : axl wins.

he has been doing what he wants for 10 years now.
and that blows any criticism you could ever write about his botoxed face.

you see. that's pretty much like the sex pistols.
you cannot attack the sex pistols.
you cannot say anything about the sex pistols. they do what they want, because what they do is doing what they want.
and axl rose is there, safe, just like the pistols were.

that is how high axl is now. he is above any criticism. it's an interesting state. that everybody should reach. being above criticism.

a few people here should learn from it.

dude the sex pistols were a formulated commercial gimmick. they did what they were told my malcom and made a fucking fortune pretending to not want to make a fortune.

the sex pistols had no musical integrity, vicious was a hack he couldn't play bass and was hired only for his image.

they are the exact opposite of what they were advertised as standing for.

true

but the music is great.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: