Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Opinions of the new GNR by non or somewhat GNR fans?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions of the new GNR by non or somewhat GNR fans?  (Read 4302 times)
AppetiteForChinese
Opening Act

Now We All Know Better

« on: December 12, 2006, 03:25:53 PM »

i have let several of my friends that arent really "huge" gnr fans like we are, listen to the new songs and showed them clips of the new band live, and the reaction was kinda mixed
some say its a joke, and some have said its better than before, and some say they dont really care

i was just wondering if any of you guys have done the same thing, and what the reaction is by people other than us that dont get on the message boards and follow the band heavily

"there was a time, didn't wanna know it all, didn't wanna know it all,
and I don't wanna know it now"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »

Most people like " Better "

The other songs get mixed reactions

As far as them touring without Slash, it still seems to be a sore point for some
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »

Eh...they'll like what MTV tells 'em to.  Maybe not all of 'em...but many, anyway.  Sad, but true.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:28:47 PM »

I went to see them at MSG last month with some friends and most loved the show and seemed to care less that it was a NEW lineup.  A few though, long for the return of the original lineup.  One friend imparticular HATED Robin Finck.  Obviously he can't get over the fact that Slash is gone.  He liked "IRS" though, and he liked the "Better" leak when I first sent it to him.  I tried to explain to him that "Better" was a Finck song, I think that's why he now likes "IRS" more.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »

when i bought tickets to see GNR live in edmonton i called up a friend to see if he wanted to go and hes like "is slash in the band?"
i didnt really know what to say to him, i was sorta pissed off and just paused for a second before i gave him the answer that he left in 1996.  point is some people wouldnt go to see GNR even if they were the best band in the world with the new lineup.  its like slash could just be standing there not playing anything and some people would love that more.   fucked up if you ask me
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »

point is some people wouldnt go to see GNR even if they were the best band in the world with the new lineup. 

True, in what I hope is very few cases.  But if the album is as good as I hope, they'll attract new fans who weren't fanatics to begin with. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gnfnr2006
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 04:59:57 PM »

I brought 3 different people to 2 shows this year and I have played their new music for others as well. The people who went to the shows are all ready to go again and it has been brought up several times since. These are not hard core fans, but are truly psyched after seeing the new lineup live. And those who ive played the new music for have for the most part, loved it. Ive even had to burn a few tracks for a couple of people.
AppetiteForChinese
Opening Act

Now We All Know Better

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 05:18:32 PM »

it just seems to me like nobody wants to give the new lineup a chance, even if they do like the songs
another form of conformity, going with the media that wants to run the band down

and we all know slash is a killer guitar player, but he wasnt the whole band and didnt contributy song wise as much as some would like to think
he wrote killer solos but not killer songs
i mean lets face it
there is only one member of gnr that cant leave
and even if axl would have left instead of addler in 1990, gnr would have been done because to me, he is the only unreplacable member of the band
if think if slash would have left back in the day, they could have found a replacement very fast, maybe even better
but i see what people mean, because slash had style, and style shows big time

"there was a time, didn't wanna know it all, didn't wanna know it all,
and I don't wanna know it now"
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »

My friends, and girlfriend, only care about what they hear coming from the speakers (at home or at the concert). If it sounds good, then they love it, and from what they have heard in concert from the new songs and the old songs played by the new band, they fucking love this music!!! There's no doubt in anyone's mind that this band fucking kicks ass in every aspect!

a.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »

last night i played "madagascar," "twat," and "better" for my friend who is a pretentious/snobby music student and basically a non-fan, and he seemed very impressed.  oh and i've beaten my girilfriend over the head with all the new stuff and she likes pretty much all of it with the exception of chinese democracy.  only other complaints have been related to the quality of the live recordings.
gnfnr2006
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »

The only problem i have is my g/f- she says the is tired of hearing GNR ALL DAY EVERYDAY  WTF?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 06:09:09 PM »

My 80 year old Grandmother thinks Madagascar is simply beatiful, while TWAT is slowly growing on her.. hihi

Just goes to show all age groups will find something they like on CD ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 08:50:21 PM »

The only problem i have is my g/f- she says the is tired of hearing GNR ALL DAY EVERYDAY? WTF?

My girlfriend says the same thing.

"If you come home drunk and blast that Rock am Ring DVD one more fucking time..."

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »

My girlfriend used to get on my ass about GN'R...then she saw them with me in Halifax...she's off my ass now!!  hihi ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 10:01:47 PM »

yes my friends while drinking one night.and they weren't impressed at all.they said the band looked as though they had no clue to what axl was going to do.like a cover band or something,that didn't practice enough.i tried to explain it was new to the band also.not that they weren't experienced around axl.but other bands before him.not rookie's on the stage.like they seemed to make it out to be.i didn't agree at all with them on the subject.i showed them hammersteins video.other friends liked some new songs though.

the one an only horsey !
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 10:40:42 PM »

Most people that i let hear the leaks liked atleast 1 song. Most liked "Better" because it's "different" (their words). One person even went as far to say that Better could be this bands SCOM. Most thought IRS got too repetitive. TWAT got a mediocre reaction. Alot of people liked CITR, and the Rock Am Ring version of The Blues. Alot of mixed reactions on Madagascar. Most said it reminded them of Civil War- i think that's just because of the middle part with the MLK quotes. Everyone i let hear new material really liked (the song) Chinese Democracy. They all thought it just rocked.
alexh0618
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 11:13:54 PM »

GN'R won two of my friends at the Detroit show.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 11:30:02 PM »

Eh...they'll like what MTV tells 'em to.  Maybe not all of 'em...but many, anyway.  Sad, but true.
/signed

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 12:29:26 AM »

I've played some of the new songs to my cousin (he isn't a diehard fan) and he loves them and he can't wait for the new cd (whenever if comes lol)

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 12:33:30 AM »

My 80 year old Grandmother thinks Madagascar is simply beatiful, while TWAT is slowly growing on her.. hihi

Just goes to show all age groups will find something they like on CD ok
haha that's awesome

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: