Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??  (Read 33254 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2006, 12:34:37 PM »

They needn't look like GNR
They needn't sound like GNR
They needn't act like GNR.

They are GNR.  they just need to be themselves.

On topic,
Although I'm not too fussy about the solo on madagascar,
I think it's not gone unless they've come up with new ideas.
Keep it or rewrite, they do what's better for the song, I bet.

In a nutshell:
Even though BH is very talented, he is all wrong for GNR.

so axl was wrong too ... so you know what is best for GNR better than axl...

not just him. there are a few people that seem to be righter for the band than anyone on the earth.
I think those people should get together, make a band  and call themselves 'the act like gnr' or 'the (very)right Gnr'. or else 'Nuts hell'.

welcome to the board vanilie.  beer
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2006, 02:19:09 PM »

I would bet 4 out of the 5 people on this thread that think BH walks on water and should be on the cd, even though he is not in the band are most likely under the age of 25. Just my guess

I'm 33, so I'm one out of 5 I suppose. Look, we're gonna have to disagree on this topic. But I think using the image argument is hypocritical after we endured years, and still do endure, jokes about Axl being fat, Axl wearing cornrows, braids, whatever you wanna call them, Axl botoxed and plastic Axl.  And we all defended him.

And to whoever said Bucket used GNR to further his career. That's totally bogus. How did it work? He still sells his CDs on his own and travels the country in a cargo van. If he wanted the big career, with fancy tour buses, album deals, he'd still be in the band if that's all he cared about.

vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »

welcome to the board vanilie.? beer

thank you  beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2006, 03:02:30 PM »

I think you guys have to ask yourself this question....This is all speculation, but so is virtually everything else on this entire board so I'll  say it anyway... Say Chinese Democracy is a huge hit...and it gets rave reviews from critics all over the place...and people are crazy about BUcketheads playing.....if you are Axl Rose, are you going to want people raving about a guitar player who is not even in the band anymore?? or are you going to want to showcase the CURRENT band...If I were Axl I would only want current players on it...people are already going to knock the band because its not the old line-up, they will only knock the band more for having "outside" musicians contribute in a big way to the record...it will make the current line up seem even less legitimate...
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »

I agree with JohnSDMF on this one. yes

The album should be released with only the members currently in the band called Guns N' Roses. smoking

There's the way it is and there's the way I think it's going to be. yes ok peace smoking beer
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »

They needn't look like GNR
They needn't sound like GNR
They needn't act like GNR.

They are GNR.? they just need to be themselves.

I agree and disagree.

If it was Axl and the whatevers or someother band name fine, but it is not it is GNR and GNR means something, it is more then one man, it is a way of life, a statement, it is a livin breathen beast.  I always supported GNR but during that brief 2002 era I did not 100%, because it hurt to much. Like when someone dies a horrific death you remember them for the good times and the high points. The 2006 lineup is a close to perfect as you can get peace

So now that I'm way off topic let me just say. GNR is the best band in the world once again and they are here to stay.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
muresan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »

I agree with JohnSDMF on this one. yes

The album should be released with only the members currently in the band called Guns N' Roses. smoking

There's the way it is and there's the way I think it's going to be. yes ok peace smoking beer

The music that should be released is the music that is the best that has been recorded over the past 12 years. Whether that's Zakk Wyle, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Brian May, or even that Izzy jam session stuff. Axl has all of this material at his disposal, and he should use whatever makes the song best.

This amazing journey over the past 12+ years has been about one thing: artistic integrity. To jettison material simply because people would be confused because it's from someone who isn't currently in the band would be to forget the whole point of the creative control Axl has strived for.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »

Well as much as I love BH, and his efforts in GNR... I hope he's not on the cd.... Not to say i wouldnt like to hear his stuff on a bootleg or something... But hes not there, so why put him on... But if he stays on i'll be fine with that... And to all of you about BBF emulating BH.. Give me a break... What did BH do in SCOM??? Same thing... BBF will evolve in time, but hes playing the new stuff the way it was intended... I just watched IRS from Inland Invasion, and he was GREAT with that solo, and in that red suit?!?! Cant beat that kinda class, ladies and gents!! ? Cool
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2006, 09:49:39 PM »

I think you guys have to ask yourself this question....This is all speculation, but so is virtually everything else on this entire board so I'll? say it anyway... Say Chinese Democracy is a huge hit...and it gets rave reviews from critics all over the place...and people are crazy about BUcketheads playing.....if you are Axl Rose, are you going to want people raving about a guitar player who is not even in the band anymore?? or are you going to want to showcase the CURRENT band...If I were Axl I would only want current players on it...people are already going to knock the band because its not the old line-up, they will only knock the band more for having "outside" musicians contribute in a big way to the record...it will make the current line up seem even less legitimate...

So, if it's only current members, let's get rid of Brain, anything Brian May may or may not have done, Paul, and all the other musicians who contributed over the years. Hell, that's just the players, what if they also contributed songwriting duties, then you're throwing out whole songs.

Wouldn't work, unless you want CD in 2023.

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2006, 10:38:50 PM »

For anyone questioning Bucketheads emotion in his PLAYING please view the following video, infact just listen if his image affects your perspective on the music. Hear how this beautiful ballad builds and builds in intensity, if BH has recorded stuff like this for CD would you honestly want it replaced?? This is live too but it's perfect, he doesn't hit a bum note! I have yet to hear any of the current GNR guitarists play anything with this much true emotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:20 PM »

When BH played on stage even though he is probally the most talented player of any era of guns he lacks the emotion, the soul, the dangerous feel. Yea he is scary but in the wrong ways.

Wow, completely disagree. I guess you missed all of the subtle movements the man was making. Having posted on this issue several times before, I will refrain from repeating myself, but anyone who argues that BH lacks emotion and soul really has not seen his solo act or listened to Colma.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »

I just watched about 4 BH solo stuff on utube. He is a  great musician, actually he is growing on me for his solo stuff, but him in GNR just doesn't work.

He belongs in a surronding that is built around his playing and in GNR that con not happen.

And here is an example of where he loses me when he did stuff in gnr.  Seeing this at a GNR show is like having mix master mike open, just makes no sense  rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeK52PPW4Q&mode=related&search=

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »

For anyone questioning Bucketheads emotion in his PLAYING please view the following video, infact just listen if his image affects your perspective on the music. Hear how this beautiful ballad builds and builds in intensity, if BH has recorded stuff like this for CD would you honestly want it replaced?? This is live too but it's perfect, he doesn't hit a bum note! I have yet to hear any of the current GNR guitarists play anything with this much true emotion.

Thanks for the link I enjoyed that and I liked this one even better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDY3rD71Ic&mode=related&search=

shh do not tell bigbri or jameslofton i said that  peace
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:56:32 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2006, 12:02:59 AM »

shh do not tell bigbri or jameslofton i said that? peace

Yeah I was gonna post the link for that one too, it is also AMAZING! I wanted to focus on Bucketheads more emotional side though since that had been debated here.

So have we finally converted you?? Buckethead to stay on CD?  hihi

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2006, 02:43:52 AM »

I think you guys have to ask yourself this question....This is all speculation, but so is virtually everything else on this entire board so I'll? say it anyway... Say Chinese Democracy is a huge hit...and it gets rave reviews from critics all over the place...and people are crazy about BUcketheads playing.....if you are Axl Rose, are you going to want people raving about a guitar player who is not even in the band anymore?? or are you going to want to showcase the CURRENT band...If I were Axl I would only want current players on it...people are already going to knock the band because its not the old line-up, they will only knock the band more for having "outside" musicians contribute in a big way to the record...it will make the current line up seem even less legitimate...

So, if it's only current members, let's get rid of Brain, anything Brian May may or may not have done, Paul, and all the other musicians who contributed over the years. Hell, that's just the players, what if they also contributed songwriting duties, then you're throwing out whole songs.

Brian May probably isnt going to be on the record so says Axl, Paul is useless so I would definately get rid of any of his parts, and Brain is STILL in the band so I dont know where you are comming from with that...I certainly hope Paul isnt on the record, he has been out of the band for FIVE years!!  I wouldnt get rid of anything as far as songwriting, because that is Axl's property now...but I dont understand this whole "it will delay the album" thing...has anybody on this board used Pro Tools besides me?! I can replace all their parts in 5 minutes....its called mutli track recording,,,its been around since Les Paul invented it in the 50's! THings artists do are not set in stone on the record, they can be replaced(especially now with Pro Tools) in SECONDS!!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2006, 02:48:30 AM »

I think you guys have to ask yourself this question....This is all speculation, but so is virtually everything else on this entire board so I'll  say it anyway... Say Chinese Democracy is a huge hit...and it gets rave reviews from critics all over the place...and people are crazy about BUcketheads playing.....if you are Axl Rose, are you going to want people raving about a guitar player who is not even in the band anymore?? or are you going to want to showcase the CURRENT band...If I were Axl I would only want current players on it...people are already going to knock the band because its not the old line-up, they will only knock the band more for having "outside" musicians contribute in a big way to the record...it will make the current line up seem even less legitimate...

Brian May probably isnt going to be on the record so says Axl, Paul is useless so I would definately get rid of any of his parts, and Brain is STILL in the band so I dont know where you are comming from with that...I certainly hope Paul isnt on the record, he has been out of the band for FIVE years!!  I wouldnt get rid of anything as far as songwriting, because that is Axl's property now...but I dont understand this whole "it will delay the album" thing...has anybody on this board used Pro Tools besides me?! I can replace all their parts in 5 minutes....its called mutli track recording,,,its been around since Les Paul invented it in the 50's! THings artists do are not set in stone on the record, they can be replaced(especially now with Pro Tools) in SECONDS!!!

Yeah, with digital technology these thing can be done pretty easily from a technological standpoint. Its still takes some time for the artist to perfect their work though.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2006, 04:52:28 AM »

Brian May probably isnt going to be on the record so says Axl, Paul is useless so I would definately get rid of any of his parts, and Brain is STILL in the band so I dont know where you are comming from with that...I certainly hope Paul isnt on the record, he has been out of the band for FIVE years!!? I wouldnt get rid of anything as far as songwriting, because that is Axl's property now...but I dont understand this whole "it will delay the album" thing...has anybody on this board used Pro Tools besides me?! I can replace all their parts in 5 minutes....its called mutli track recording,,,its been around since Les Paul invented it in the 50's! THings artists do are not set in stone on the record, they can be replaced(especially now with Pro Tools) in SECONDS!!!

Yeah, with digital technology these thing can be done pretty easily from a technological standpoint. Its still takes some time for the artist to perfect their work though.

True, but remember BBF has been playing these songs live every other night for 7 months, so he is very familiar with them...in any case we dont know what will happen, but if Axl wants this to be a legitimate BAND i would lose all the special guests on the first record anyway....
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2006, 07:24:17 AM »

shh do not tell bigbri or jameslofton i said that? peace

Yeah I was gonna post the link for that one too, it is also AMAZING! I wanted to focus on Bucketheads more emotional side though since that had been debated here.

So have we finally converted you?? Buckethead to stay on CD?? hihi

No you did not convert me, but I will give the credilt for what he does. He is amazing but still he is not right for GNR in my opinion. He belongs doing his solo stuff showcasing his playing built around him

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2006, 07:54:38 AM »

Sounding like a machine and pretend starwars horse shit may be craptacular to you but GNR is rock, not numchuck twirling

In m opinion, the majority of Buckethead's albums are emotion fuelled.. Colma is a great example. Songs like Too Many Humans on Population Override, which contains virtually no shred at all are beautiful pieces of art.. He is one helluva composer.. Tell me, have you heard any of NTT? like, Jowls, Mrs. Beasley, Chicken Boy, The Void? Songs like that would win you over in a heartbeat..

Listen to his music before you judge him for trying to connect with a market he has never been involved with..

Anyone that rips Bucket for having his own stage persona or for playing like a machine should seriously think about what they're saying, especially when you know nothing of his capabilities..

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2006, 08:34:17 AM »

didn't axl say, from the band's point of view (attempting to paraphrase press relesase here), that bucket was a flakey asshole and fucked them over to further his own career (which he did, now he has a music video that got played on mtv2 and a much larger fanbase)?  if thats the case, why the hell would they want him to make one single cent off CD?  of course they would want to get rid of his parts.

Axl may have said that but the reason that video got played wasn't because of being in GNR. BH got on MTV because he played with Saul Williams and Serj from System of A Down and he's on Serj's label.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: