Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is bucketheads solo gone from madagascar??  (Read 33401 times)
muresan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:29 PM »

personally, I doubt that bucket's parts are gone. They haven't had enough time to simply re-record them, let alone re-work them entirely. And reverting to the pre-bucket versions would be catastrophic (as the 99 version of TWAT shows).

I don't know what the hell is going on with the madagascar solo, but Bumblefoot is still duplicating Bucket's parts of Better and IRS, and did so with TWAT in NY. There hasn't been enough (any?) studio time in the interim to re-do those parts, especially when you consider axl's perfectionism.

The one thing that absolutely, positively should be kept is the TWAT outro. Guitar solos that epic are priceless.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:59:47 PM by muresan » Logged
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »

I hope his parts are gone.? He is not in GN'R anymore so he should not be on the album.? Give me Bumble anyday.? However, if that would slow the release of the cd, keep Bucket's parts on.?

Dude, it already did delay the release of CD. So, what do you want now? Still Bucket? Or Bumble?

Bumble.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2006, 05:20:41 AM »

The one thing that absolutely, positively should be kept is the TWAT outro. Guitar solos that epic are priceless.

Yup probably the main reason I love that song so much is the way the song builds to those solos which jus lift and lift the track.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2006, 07:11:12 AM »

You know what you guys are crazy or your really BH fans and not GNR fans.

A guy that talks through a fucking doll is retarded. Pretend gay stuff if you know what I mean.

The second greatest front man behind axl is ozzy and ozzy said i love his playing but he refused to take of the fucking mask.

I like GNR not kiss, gwar, insane clown posse or other make believe shit. Maybe he can join up with dee snider and do a circus tour.

Buckethead is not in the band. So he should not be on the record.

Period.

BBF and the other guys have had time to rerecord the stuff over last 6 months. And I think they have a diffrent work ethic and is probally done already.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »

You know what you guys are crazy or your really BH fans and not GNR fans.

A guy that talks through a fucking doll is retarded. Pretend gay stuff if you know what I mean.

The second greatest front man behind axl is ozzy and ozzy said i love his playing but he refused to take of the fucking mask.

I like GNR not kiss, gwar, insane clown posse or other make believe shit. Maybe he can join up with dee snider and do a circus tour.

Buckethead is not in the band. So he should not be on the record.

Period.

BBF and the other guys have had time to rerecord the stuff over last 6 months. And I think they have a diffrent work ethic and is probally done already.

Wow, you know what, he probably is retarded. I never really thought of that. Oh, gay too. You're a genius. I have seen the light. Takes one to know one, right!

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »

Maybe my retarded and gay words were a bit strong, sorry for that.

Him talking using a doll or needing a chicken coop to record in is not a bit strange to you?

It just blows my mind to think of him in GNR. Mayeb he would attract new fans but the old ones for sure would feel alienanted from his bizarre ways.

GNR has and alwasy will be more then just the music. I agree.

And for the record BH is one of the best guitar guys of our time. I'm not doubting that.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2006, 01:21:57 PM »

Him talking using a doll or needing a chicken coop to record in is not a bit strange to you?

It just blows my mind to think of him in GNR. Mayeb he would attract new fans but the old ones for sure would feel alienanted from his bizarre ways.

And for the record BH is one of the best guitar guys of our time. I'm not doubting that.

Strange, I agree. But I want this new GNR CD to be so different, cool, unique, mind-blowing that it will erase everything people have come to know about rock/metal in the past 15 years. With Bucket out, it loses some of that. We've all come to love the leaks, and I do believe without a doubt that there will be some fans here who are going to greatly miss what Bucket contributed to these songs. Can Ron do an adquate job? Of course, he's brilliant.

This of course, is assuming Bucket is gone from CD. And I can only assume that's part of the reason for the delay in the CD.

The image argument is what totally baffles me here. How many years did we as GNR fans have to defend the "fat, corn-rowed, oversized-jersey and track-pants wearing, plastic-faced, botox-adjused Axl?" I know I had to for quite some time. And to come back and use the same type of argument against another artist is the epitome of hypocrisy.

If you think Bucket is a shitty player fine. But when GRN fans attack his image, there is no credibility left.

sisterofyu
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »

Bucky is the BEST (hubba hubba) love love love, Frankly I find his clever sense of absurd humor..... Cheesy funny, I Adore him and I think hes HOT( even sexxxy)....he is a better Playa then Bumble (sorry bumster not tryin to be rude) keekee, and Axl saw something in buckys BIG talents too, Buck Buck has never put CrabbyAxl down Mr Buckethead moved on.Also Buckys not out suing axl over there business ending either. Bucky is his own legend and it saddens me that CrabbyAxl is removing his work off the long long awaited cd. Sometimes I want to kick axl in the shins. Shocked , but most of the time I want him to just finish what he started, with a little more sincerity......keekee beer
vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »

Hello,

I am new, I am french and I don't speak english as well as you, so I won't post many times and many things !!

Just listen to this madagascar version ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCJ_r_Y0VA&mode=related&search=

...the solo is the best one I 've ever heard until now !

Just for that, I hope BH will be on CD, at least on madagascar, twat and better !
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2006, 07:41:04 AM »

Yup.

Many musical geniuses haven't been all.. there.

Brian Wilson's sandpit for instance.
estranged.1098
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

How he talks is not important. He's a wonderful guitar player and a great person.

Maybe to you. But GNR is not about how you feel about it.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2006, 10:13:28 AM »

I would bet 4 out of the 5 people on this thread that think BH walks on water and should be on the cd, even though he is not in the band are most likely under the age of 25. Just my guess

In the late 80's GNR was a generation of fans tired of the standard hair rock or boy band horse shit. It was a movement of fans, tired of the being put down, being told what to do or listen too.?

The music was always a big part of there lure, but to see them perfrom live was awsome. When they played there music on stage they played with heart and emotion that the crowd feed off of and in return gave them more energy. Slash never was the best player, he was even sloppy at times, but that did not matter, when you watched him it was priceless.

When BH played on stage even though he is probally the most talented player of any era of guns he lacks the emotion, the soul, the dangerous feel. Yea he is scary but in the wrong ways.

I do not mean no offense to the younger generation of fans.

I think the 2006 line up is as talented as the original guys. I think Robin, Richard play and emit the same kind of stage presence that the older (me) fans can relate too.

I'm a old skool fan, in 2002 i bought tickets (philly). I would of gone to see them even with the bucket, and if he returned I would still go. But I think the older fans prefer a BHless GNR. I know I do, and I think the current line up is so good, i hope it always stays as it is now.? Robin and Richard with BBf are great on stage. It seems like one big team up there everybody working together.

I know it might be wrong to say but

They look like GNR
They sound like GNR
They act like GNR

I know you say how does GNR act, sound or look but from my end being a fan for 20 years, I can tell you this lineup is awsome and as close to perfect as you can get. The 2002 lineup was great as well but the chemistry the heart and feel was not there or as much as it is now.

We have no diea any of us what or who willl be on the album. If the masked man remains so be it, it will be for his musical talents, although I think if he is out of the band he should not be on cd.

What will be will be, being a fan I know that and anything I say means nothing, and that is one reason I like GNR.

My favorite memeber of all time has always been AXL.? And I think the Axl of 2006 is awsome.

I personally try to forget the whole 2002 scene.

Older fans like myself, if you can get them in the seats they will fall in love with the current guys,

I know it sucks but looks, personality are a part of the world regardless if you think non of that matters, it does and the fact remains BH is not what the fans from GNR hay day want.

Some of the biggest and greatest bands in the world are not at that level by there playing skills alone. It is the whole package, there appearance, there attitude everything goes into it.

Younger or new fans would probally like it if BH was in the band or on the album, that is what they know from 2002.

And maybe BH was hand picked by axl himself years ago, but the music seems to have evolved quite abit over the years and has changed direction so many times we do not know anything including me.

At the end of the day we are all fans.

I prefer my GNR headless but hey if he is on the album I will embrace it becuase I know my man AXL has it fine tuned to perfection. ( that there lies the other problem) beer

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
gnfnr2006
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2006, 10:30:13 AM »

Good Post. I agree with most all of your points.

especially:
 I know you say how does GNR act, sound or look but from my end being a fan for 20 years, I can tell you this lineup is awsome and as close to perfect as you can get. The 2002 lineup was great as well but the chemistry the heart and feel was not there or as much as it is now.

Bucket wears his costume so that he can keep is personal life, personal. I guess he can go anywhere he wants and not be recognized. Thats great for him and I understand where he is coming from. However, as you said:

The music was always a big part of there lure, but to see them perfrom live was awsome. When they played there music on stage they played with heart and emotion that the crowd feed off of and in return gave them more energy. Slash never was the best player, he was even sloppy at times, but that did not matter, when you watched him it was priceless.

Everyone knows/knew who Slash is. He wasnt in the spotlight as much as Axl, but was somebody you could associate a voice, a personality and a face with.  Bucket was not interested in having fans, and though this is Axls show, GNR fans want to be fans of the members, just as much as the music. Since Bucket was not interested in being a part of the bigger picture, then, fuck it! I dont care if he is on CD or not !
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2006, 10:46:41 AM »

In a nutshell:
Even though BH is very talented, he is all wrong for GNR.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:55 AM »

didn't axl say, from the band's point of view (attempting to paraphrase press relesase here), that bucket was a flakey asshole and fucked them over to further his own career (which he did, now he has a music video that got played on mtv2 and a much larger fanbase)?  if thats the case, why the hell would they want him to make one single cent off CD?  of course they would want to get rid of his parts.
vanilie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2006, 10:50:33 AM »

In a nutshell:

so axl was wrong too ... so you know what is best for GNR better than axl...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »

In a nutshell:

so axl was wrong too ...

YES? yes
for having bucket in the band yes. I will say it, I'm not scared? rofl

Seriously peace to all, it is christmas.

IN MARCH GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES IS COMIN AND THERE BRINGING HELL WITH THEM? ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

In a nutshell:

so axl was wrong too ... so you know what is best for GNR better than axl...

yes.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »

One fact remains we are all fans, GNR has had the best year in a loooooooooong time.

I'm happy in general the small things do not matter!!!!!!!!!

It doen't matter

AXl is back !!!

I have appetite blaring in the house right now, things could not be better, well maybe CD blaring but hey I'm not complaining.? peace

Round 2 motherfuckers

2006 the year legends rose from the dust.
2007 the year the world cringes in fear for there life becuase Axl is back on top.

Run for your lives, hide your small children for they will become the next generation of GNR fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hihi

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2006, 12:34:01 PM »

We live in Hell... we don't need BH...We've got BBF, those parts may have been replaced... Sure will be worth the wait...March 2007 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: