Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rumours of the bands whereabouts / Axl in Vegas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rumours of the bands whereabouts / Axl in Vegas  (Read 22090 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2007, 05:26:46 PM »

so who cares if its march 20? as long as they are finishing the cd!! axl they said neded 2-3 days to finish the cd. well that would mean stuff for him to work on. say he finishes it this week. It doesnt take that long to mix something

No, it only takes 7 years. We don't know anything about the state of CD, so let's not assume mixing is all that remains.

And lets not assume that it is not.

I have logic and statistics backing me up, all you got is hope. I'll assume nothing's done if only not to be let down again.

hey i agree it pays to be a pessimist, especially with gnr. all im saying is people make a host of assumptions bout what has been done and what remains. we simply dont know tho.

people assume for example that if theres still work to be done, then nothing has been mixed. but perhaps songs can be mixed as and when theyre finished, so most songs are probably entirely done.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »

This is from Axl's letter:

Quote from: Axl
In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed.

Looks like he's doing just that.

What's the problem?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed.

What's the problem?

/jarmo

i dont think its a problem at all. but what does "minor" mean? i have no idea what he means by that. if he gave more specifics, that would help define what he means by minor. minor in ones opinion may or may not be minor to another...we just have no idea what he means by the term "minor." if someone knows, let me know....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »

What's the problem?

/jarmo

i dont think its a problem at all. but what does "minor" mean? i have no idea what he means by that. if he gave more specifics, that would help define what he means by minor. minor in ones opinion may or may not be minor to another...we just have no idea what he means by the term "minor." if someone knows, let me know....

Who knows. It could be something as small as deciding from three different covers.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »

The problem is that Axl has said 'minor' before, years ago. It doesn't matter what remains, all I know is that as long as there are more stuff to be done it can go on indefinitely.

One should never apply normal assumptions to Axl Rose.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »

The problem is that Axl has said 'minor' before, years ago. It doesn't matter what remains, all I know is that as long as there are more stuff to be done it can go on indefinitely.

again, this statement is right on. bottom line is that i want the cd as badly as anyone else. but i won't believe a thing until i have it in my hands...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »

He might have, but he never gave a tentative release date before.

So I assume minor means minor.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly, despite what people think & the media lies about... this is the FIRST time this has ever happened.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »

/jarmo

That is true, and might be the only hint of increased progress, real progress. I'll remain skeptical after last years 'happening', but I must also admit I feel this could be for real now. If only because he's dug to many trenches to climb out of this time around.

He's not an idiot, so he must feel confident he'll make it. Then again, it's Axl.

Either way, things need to start happening soon.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

/jarmo

well, that is sort of true. as we all know , when asked if the cd was coming out before the end of 2006, axl said "yes." and yes he said 3/6 was a "tentative date." but that gives him a lot of wiggle room if it does get pushed back again and i hope it doesn't. and as for "minor", how can one define a word with the word itself?? the question is, "what does minor mean to him?" i have no idea.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »

/jarmo

well, that is sort of true. as we all know , when asked if the cd was coming out before the end of 2006, axl said "yes." and yes he said 3/6 was a "tentative date." but that gives him a lot of wiggle room if it does get pushed back again and i hope it doesn't. and as for "minor", how can one define a word with the word itself?? the question is, "what does minor mean to him?" i have no idea.

Only W. Axl Rose knows what 'minor' means man, otherwise... blame Canada.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »

/jarmo

Only W. Axl Rose knows what 'minor' means man, otherwise... blame Canada.

exactly my point.........

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

As long as the album is in Axl's possession anything can happen. Not just as long as theres "more stuffto be done". I'm assuming when its handed over to the label its then entirely their say what happens to it, but i could be wrong.

My point being, theres little point in worrying.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »

What's the problem?

/jarmo

The problem is that we've actually managed to go a week or two around here without having anything to mindlessly speculate about, forcing most of us into discussions about things that we had legitimate information on.? I, for one, was kind of enjoying it...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:29:35 PM by bazgnr » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:28 PM »

If you read Axls letter and assume this report in Vegas is true then I would say this exactly when I expected Axl to be in the studio. It was unlikely it was going to be finished over the holidays, this last week and perhaps the coming week would need to be when he was in the studo if we wanted to see a March 6th release, and apparently he is in the studio so I see no reason to worry right now. At the moment I think things seem to be running to schedule.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2007, 07:41:45 PM »

We are just guessing.

There was a report that "Guns n Roses members (they did not list who) were in a nightclub in Vegas on Dec. 30th".  And we know that Axl was there on the 31st.  This article does not give a date as to when they were in the studio...so who knows how long they have been there.  I also think the words "tentative release date" is key. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2007, 07:49:04 PM »

As he explained himself, he thought it would be possible to get it out in 2006:

When I agreed to do our recent North American tour, I did it with the understanding that my manager, Merck Mercuriadis, and I were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place. Unfortunately, it turned out that this was not the case, and I regret to say that the album will not be released by the end of the year.

Sometime between the VMAs and the letter, he must've realized it wasn't gonna happen.

I don't think he would've put the tentative release date in the letter unless he believed in it.

Now, I understand the meaning of the word, as do many others here. It's not just up to Axl to get it out on that date.

There are a lot of stuff that needs to fall into place. A record doesn't magically appear in the shops as soon as an artist says it's done....

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

As he explained himself, he thought it would be possible to get it out in 2006:

When I agreed to do our recent North American tour, I did it with the understanding that my manager, Merck Mercuriadis, and I were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place. Unfortunately, it turned out that this was not the case, and I regret to say that the album will not be released by the end of the year.

Sometime between the VMAs and the letter, he must've realized it wasn't gonna happen.

I don't think he would've put the tentative release date in the letter unless he believed in it.

Now, I understand the meaning of the word, as do many others here. It's not just up to Axl to get it out on that date.

There are a lot of stuff that needs to fall into place. A record doesn't magically appear in the shops as soon as an artist says it's done....

/jarmo

well, i don't know the meaning of "minor" is in this context, and no one does, except axl. also, i agree that it isn't just up to the band regarding a cd's release date. however, if a band gives a date for a release and then someone says that it isn't just up to the band regarding the release date, then giving a release date is meaningless unless the band knows that everything is done and ready to go. any business owner (in this case, axl) should be held accountable for the things he says about his company.

Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2007, 07:58:56 PM »

I hope "minor" will not become similar to "soon"

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2007, 08:05:49 PM »

final vocals, could mean anything from a couple of additional layers to one track, to re-doing an entire song. but since axl said minor additions, i'm assuming it's only gonna be a couple of layers.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: