Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:37:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Dallas Cowboys Hire Wade Phillips as Head Coach
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dallas Cowboys Hire Wade Phillips as Head Coach  (Read 5953 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:26:46 PM »

So, this what the world has been waiting for. Got to say, I am relieved it is not Norm Turner. At least Phillips can run a defense and has a winning record. Can he get the Boys to the playoffs? Probably, it's a good team right now, and really underachieved under Parcells. Can they win in the playoffs and is he the guy to get them to the Super Bowl for a record  9th time?  I kind of doubt it, but we will see. I hope so, but I am not that optimistic. I think Jerry Jones has the right values in fervently wanting to win, but Parcells really fucked the organization by taking 2 weeks to decide to retire. In retrospect, for  all the loyalty that Parcells demands from others, he himself is not loyal the organization he worked for.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 05:20:10 AM »

Im thinkin the same thing, at least it wasnt Norv Turner.

Phillips is a defensive mastermind who will do for Demarcus Ware what he did for Shawne Merriman.

PHillips is a master at making players perform up to what they are capable and is great at putting them in the right situations to do so.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:39:19 AM »

I can't agree. This is a coach with barely and i mean BARELY a winning record and has never won a playoff game. He's been fired twice. He maybe a good defensive coordinator but he's a terrible head coach. I think they way overachived under parcells. This team is not that good and with parcells gone its gonna deteriorate further as soon as TO starts his crap again. Which i think happens before mid season.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »

jerry jones wants a puppet. and that's what he got. i can tell cowboy fans are not excited about this at all. and as an eagles fan, i like it. huge downgrade from parcells. i'm glad they didn't hire a better coach.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »

I can't agree. This is a coach with barely and i mean BARELY a winning record and has never won a playoff game. He's been fired twice.

I think he  is  48-39 or something like that. Not great, but N.Turner  was 58-82 for God's sake. And he took Buffalo to the playoffs and they have not been back since. Lots of decent coaches  get fired if they are not in the right situation.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 01:16:24 PM »

I can't agree. This is a coach with barely and i mean BARELY a winning record and has never won a playoff game. He's been fired twice. He maybe a good defensive coordinator but he's a terrible head coach. I think they way overachived under parcells. This team is not that good and with parcells gone its gonna deteriorate further as soon as TO starts his crap again. Which i think happens before mid season.

The reason he never won a playoff game, is because Buffalo got screwed by the 'music city miracle'..... He got fired from buffalo after an 8-8 season... Hugee mistake by Ralph Wilson... As KK said, they've never been back since...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »

Phillips is a fine coach but when Jones starts coaching the football this team will collapse again.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »

Phillips is a fine coach but when Jones starts coaching the football this team will collapse again.

and that will take about 5 minutes. jones is an idiot who knows nothing about football and needs to just sign the checks.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 06:10:27 AM »

Wade Phillips is a horrible choice to coach the Dallas Cowboys. He failed in Denver and Buffalo, and now he'll fail in Dallas. Norv Turner also would have been a horrible choice for head coach. I do belive Jerry Jones has way too much control, and belive as long as he keeps that control the Dallas Cowboys will never win another super-bowl. The only thing the Cowboys have going for them is they are in the NFC, where they could squeeze into the play-offs at a mediocre 8-8. Which is the best you could say they are right now, and will be for quite sometime, mediocre. What I am anxious for, is too see how good Tony Romo is. I still don't belive he is anywhere close to what Aikman was even at the end of his career. I really don't think he's that good at all. And now that defenses have film on him, and know his tendancies, next year cowboy fans will be left wondering what happened. And than in at least 2 years when jones gets his head out of his ass Wade Philips will inevitably be fired from coaching the over-rated mediocare talent on this team and than maybe, just maybe, you cowboy fans will get lucky and jones will somehow coax Bill Cowher to be their next coach.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 06:19:33 AM »

Wade Phillips is a horrible choice to coach the Dallas Cowboys. He failed in Denver and Buffalo, and now he'll fail in Dallas. Norv Turner also would have been a horrible choice for head coach. I do belive Jerry Jones has way too much control, and belive as long as he keeps that control the Dallas Cowboys will never win another super-bowl. The only thing the Cowboys have going for them is they are in the NFC, where they could squeeze into the play-offs at a mediocre 8-8. Which is the best you could say they are right now, and will be for quite sometime, mediocre. What I am anxious for, is too see how good Tony Romo is. I still don't belive he is anywhere close to what Aikman was even at the end of his career. I really don't think he's that good at all. And now that defenses have film on him, and know his tendancies, next year cowboy fans will be left wondering what happened. And than in at least 2 years when jones gets his head out of his ass Wade Philips will inevitably be fired from coaching the over-rated mediocare talent on this team and than maybe, just maybe, you cowboy fans will get lucky and jones will somehow coax Bill Cowher to be their next coach.  smoking

I say no way cowher takes that job. He won't be a yes man and thats what jerry wants someone that let him try and be the gm. As long as thats the case that team will be terrible cause jones knows nothing about football.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:31:34 PM »

As long as the Cowboys suck is fine with me... Hopefully fans will get so pissed at the team, that the $1 Billion stadium will go to waste...

Ahh boy can dream...no?? rofl
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 01:39:40 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »

As long as the Cowboys suck is fine with me... Hopefully fans will get so pissed at the team, that the $1 Billion will go to waste...

Ahh boy can dream...no?  rofl

fine with me too Cheesy
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »

Now that I have the NFL Ticket and can watch other teams, I care less than before.  Wink

Comments about Jones knowing nothing about football  spark two comments:

1. he sure knows how to SELL football--got the city of Arlington to build him a $1 billion stadium.
2. which is worse: knowing nothing, or knowing nothing and not knowing that you know nothing?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 11:49:38 PM »

Now that I have the NFL Ticket and can watch other teams, I care less than before.  Wink

Comments about Jones knowing nothing about football  spark two comments:

1. he sure knows how to SELL football--got the city of Arlington to build him a $1 billion stadium.
2. which is worse: knowing nothing, or knowing nothing and not knowing that you know nothing?

thats true he did do that. i am still shocked that vote passed with voters.
i would think the latter is worse.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »

Wade Phillips sucked in Buffalo. He kept favoring "injury prone" Johnson over Flutie when Doug was the charismatic QB who showed results. Not thrilled with Jerry Jones' decision on him.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »

Wade Phillips was the best of the 4 coaches since Levy, unless Jauron's 2nd year goes well.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »

Wade Phillips sucked in Buffalo. He kept favoring "injury prone" Johnson over Flutie when Doug was the charismatic QB who showed results. Not thrilled with Jerry Jones' decision on him.

The team paid what... $25 Mil for that guy... I'm thinkin Ralph Wilson had a hand in things like that...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »

Wade Phillips is a horrible choice to coach the Dallas Cowboys. He failed in Denver and Buffalo, and now he'll fail in Dallas. Norv Turner also would have been a horrible choice for head coach. I do belive Jerry Jones has way too much control, and belive as long as he keeps that control the Dallas Cowboys will never win another super-bowl. The only thing the Cowboys have going for them is they are in the NFC, where they could squeeze into the play-offs at a mediocre 8-8. Which is the best you could say they are right now, and will be for quite sometime, mediocre. What I am anxious for, is too see how good Tony Romo is. I still don't belive he is anywhere close to what Aikman was even at the end of his career. I really don't think he's that good at all. And now that defenses have film on him, and know his tendancies, next year cowboy fans will be left wondering what happened. And than in at least 2 years when jones gets his head out of his ass Wade Philips will inevitably be fired from coaching the over-rated mediocare talent on this team and than maybe, just maybe, you cowboy fans will get lucky and jones will somehow coax Bill Cowher to be their next coach.? smoking

I say no way cowher takes that job. He won't be a yes man and thats what jerry wants someone that let him try and be the gm. As long as thats the case that team will be terrible cause jones knows nothing about football.

The question is whether Cowher will be  available in 2-3 years. Jones stepped  back and gave Parcells  virtually complete  control. I think that he could do it  again with Cowher  if he  believed that  would result  in a Super Bowl victory. Jerry talks stupid, but he is  not stupid, and he is committed  to winning. Which actually is a good thing, as some  owners  are  only interested in making money.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: