Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed  (Read 30420 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:37:45 AM
Danny and his magical fax machine where top secret gn'r documents often would appear.

That's my favorite.  Still waiting on the Doll Parton/Axl duet.

The email I sent out with the song lyrics was pretty funny (and insanely simple).  It also got me banned from here for a while and almost got me fired from my job.

What was the story about the fax machine? And why did you almost got fired?

The legendary "magic fax machine" thing happened a few years ago.  There wasn't alot of GNR news going out there and nobody really had anything interesting to say on the board (sort of like now).  So, I JOKINGLY started making outlandish predictions and claiming that I had inside info.  One of the first ones was that GNR would be playing the VMA's...and that one happened to come true.  A few people around here started to beleive that I really knew what I was talking about.  I then concocted the theory that I had a fax machine and I would daily get insider faxes with news about the band.  I just so happened to be one of the first people to find out that MixMasterMike was going to be opening for GNR at that time, so I reported it as info I got from my fax machine.  My predictions then got (in my opinion, pretty obviously) outlandish (aka:Dolly Parton doing a duet with Axl and a song titled "Fiona Asshole") and people got mad.  Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:37:45 AM
Danny and his magical fax machine where top secret gn'r documents often would appear.

That's my favorite.  Still waiting on the Doll Parton/Axl duet.

The email I sent out with the song lyrics was pretty funny (and insanely simple).  It also got me banned from here for a while and almost got me fired from my job.

What was the story about the fax machine? And why did you almost got fired?

The legendary "magic fax machine" thing happened a few years ago.  There wasn't alot of GNR news going out there and nobody really had anything interesting to say on the board (sort of like now).  So, I JOKINGLY started making outlandish predictions and claiming that I had inside info.  One of the first ones was that GNR would be playing the VMA's...and that one happened to come true.  A few people around here started to beleive that I really knew what I was talking about.  I then concocted the theory that I had a fax machine and I would daily get insider faxes with news about the band.  I just so happened to be one of the first people to find out that MixMasterMike was going to be opening for GNR at that time, so I reported it as info I got from my fax machine.  My predictions then got (in my opinion, pretty obviously) outlandish (aka:Dolly Parton doing a duet with Axl and a song titled "Fiona Asshole") and people got mad.  Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.
LOL, great story!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Shit Hawk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

The rumor that CD was to be delivered to record stores disguised as an album titled The Far Downs. I think this dropped sometime in November.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

Ah, how about any time someone announces a release date for CD.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 01:29:12 PM »

My all time personal favorite:

This fat kid met Axl in a bar and somehow ended up outside the bar with Axl and at Axl's car. Axl let the fat kid listen to Chinese democracy but yet the fat kid couldnt remember one single lyric.

People Fuckin actually believed that shit.

Scary!

fat kid? rofl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »

Given the thread, I'm assuming the mods are going to be OK with the mention of this:

The whole gnfr.com fiasco....

And keep in mind, less someone be offended, I was one of the ones "taken in", at least to some extent, by that whole rigamarole.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »

I'm not sure how many people were actually dumb enough to believe this but the rumor that Buckethead was actually Slash in disguise  rofl
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »

That Axl was bald. ?[not that it would be a bad thing if he did decide to take that route ever with his hair] ?When the PS'd pic first came out, I thought it was totally real. ?Then is was proven to be Axl's Face on Demi Moore's shaved head when she was promoting GI Jane. ?The pic was done good so I believed it...LOL

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »

GNFR.com, people still believe it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 01:41:55 PM »

i must have forgotten or i just dunno what GNFR.com was? Huh
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 01:43:09 PM »

Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.

That last bit is not entirely true (though it may be what Danny thinks happened)....since I was onboard with some of the IP sleuthing.

We tracked the IP WHERE THE EMAIL CONTAINING THE LYRICS ORIGINATED FROM (we couldn't see where danny was browsing the board from...nobody but jarmo can do that) and then "someone" contacted the webmaster of the domain (Danny's work...which I won't mention so as not to stir up the shit again) trying to get more information on who the specific IP belonged to.  We didn't know, at that point, who had actually come up with the lyrics and so "someone" was trying to find out.

In the meantime, it was discovered, through Danny's own Message board, that he was the faker (he even posted the hotmail addy and password to get to it).  THEN the webmaster of the domain, obviously displeased to discover one of the employees using facilities for something not "work related" contacted the "someone" previously mentioned, and then called them,.....and that "someone" passed along what had been discovered.

Less Danny try to look the innocent in the situation, or not take responsibility for the hot water he got himself in.

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:57:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »

The submarine one.
"Prosperous Chili", as well,
And Super Bowl crap.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »

i must have forgotten or i just dunno what GNFR.com was? Huh

Looking at your registration date, you were about 2 years too late. Smiley

It happened back in '02.  There was a site with a series of riddles and shit that purported to be linked to GnR.  It was very odd.

A close second to that would be the Latigo Hammers "situation".

Together again,
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »

Ah yes, Latigo!
And don't forget Raoxsle,
"The Joker" Supreme!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
absolutelytrue
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:30 PM »

This thread is for fun while waiting for some real news on CD.

I'll start with the thread about GNR playing at Coyotes Bar in Atlanta in 2005.? This rumor was so incredibly dumb that it reached over 40 pages at other boards.? Some poster even said he saw GNR tour buses at Coyotes and even after management denied it, people still said it would happen. rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19881.msg338624#msg338624

DID ANYONE EVER FIND OUT WHO STARTED THAT FUCKED UP RUMOR ?? ?rant
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=36220.0

the best and funniest thread ever on htgth
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 01:55:38 PM »

DID ANYONE EVER FIND OUT WHO STARTED THAT FUCKED UP RUMOR ?   rant

Depends on who you believe.

It was either a crooked promoter out of Chicago (if you believe the owner of the club) who conned the owner.

Or it was the owner of the club (if you choose NOT to believe him), who was looking for a payday.

Together again,
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »

This thread is for fun while waiting for some real news on CD.

I'll start with the thread about GNR playing at Coyotes Bar in Atlanta in 2005.? This rumor was so incredibly dumb that it reached over 40 pages at other boards.? Some poster even said he saw GNR tour buses at Coyotes and even after management denied it, people still said it would happen. rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19881.msg338624#msg338624

DID ANYONE EVER FIND OUT WHO STARTED THAT FUCKED UP RUMOR ?? ?rant

No. ?But I remember a poster who lived in Atlanta was being the 'spokesperson' for the whole event and I think it was that poster who said he saw tour buses? ?Not really sure but it escalated to so many pages on a lot of boards and it was all bullshit rofl
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 12:44:42 PM

Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.

That last bit is not entirely true (though it may be what Danny thinks happened)....since I was onboard with some of the IP sleuthing.

We tracked the IP WHERE THE EMAIL CONTAINING THE LYRICS ORIGINATED FROM (we couldn't see where danny was browsing the board from...nobody but jarmo can do that) and then "someone" contacted the webmaster of the domain (Danny's work...which I won't mention so as not to stir up the shit again) trying to get more information on who the specific IP belonged to.  We didn't know, at that point, who had actually come up with the lyrics and so "someone" was trying to find out.

In the meantime, it was discovered, through Danny's own Message board, that he was the faker (he even posted the hotmail addy and password to get to it).  THEN the webmaster of the domain, obviously displeased to discover one of the employees using facilities for something not "work related" contacted the "someone" previously mentioned, and then called them,.....and that "someone" passed along what had been discovered.

Less Danny try to look the innocent in the situation, or not take responsibility for the hot water he got himself in.

Oh yeah.  I wasn't trying to decieve anyone or anything, I just didn't remember the incedent as much as you did, apparently.  But yeah, I did alot of this stuff while on breaks at work and I did talk about it a bit on my "now defunct" message board.  I thought it was kind of funny...and at the time, it was.  Looks like some people still are upset about the whole thing.  What was it, 3 years ago?  Whatever.  I did feel bad about it.  I really didn't think that people would take it so seriously, but I guess they did and I guess I misjudged what people found important in life.  My bad.

And for the record, I never was contacted by anyone from the company I work for about the incedent.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »

No, that one is true.

GUNSGUY anyone!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: