Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First video - your predictions and ideas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First video - your predictions and ideas  (Read 27074 times)
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« on: September 22, 2004, 09:27:51 AM »

What would the memeber of "Here Today.......Gone To Hell" like to see?

-WhisKey

...........personally I would like to see something way different. And for Gn'R to keep in mind that things are moving to HD TV.......and Plasma units with surround sound.

...I thought the backgound graphics at Rio 2001 were awesome. Axl needs to keep that in mind.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 10:02:34 AM »

hmm..I'd like to see.................anything from GNR.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 10:14:05 AM »

I would like to see a baseball-themed video for Catcher In The Rye set in China.   hihi

For those who got that and are rolling their eyes right now, I'm sorry.  I just could'nt resist.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 10:17:10 AM »

It would be quite funny to do a video with a theme of 'rumoured sightings' - you know Axl turning up in a bunch of places (like the Strip Joint or some random resaurant) with CD in his hand. Or maybe they could subliminally place Axl at these places in a normal video so that people think they've seen Axl before.

Seriously, I think Garden of Eden was the best GN'R video ever - original but not overblown (I dunno but sometimes the whole November Rain thing was a bit over the top for me although I thought Estranged was pretty cool)

Here today...ready to rock
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:03:55 PM »

I have a feeling we'll be seeing something a lot like the "Welcome To The Jungle" video - centrally a performance video, but with story arcs in between.  For Axl's comeback, he can't have his first video be some high-concept thing that will lose people.  It has to be short, punchy, and visceral.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 12:10:53 PM »

agreed.

Even better, he could use or take some tips from the ones fans have made on the Net. Those are still so good. Esp the one for Maddie.

Ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 04:17:43 PM »

It would be quite funny to do a video with a theme of 'rumoured sightings' - you know Axl turning up in a bunch of places (like the Strip Joint or some random resaurant) with CD in his hand. Or maybe they could subliminally place Axl at these places in a normal video so that people think they've seen Axl before.

Seriously, I think Garden of Eden was the best GN'R video ever - original but not overblown (I dunno but sometimes the whole November Rain thing was a bit over the top for me although I thought Estranged was pretty cool)

Dude!  That's one of the best ideas I have ever heard on this board!  That would be hilarious, and a great way to show Axl's self-depricating humor.  Maybe they could take it further and show people in a record store in the "G's" and Axl runs in and grabs all the Chinese Democracy Cd's and runs away.  The theme of "Axl does'nt want anyone to hear CD" would be a great way premier it.  Genius, man.  Good job!

Oh, and Garden Of Eden has always been my favorite GNR video, too.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY FOR YOU

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 05:43:18 PM »

Black screen that zooms in overhead to a stage littered with pistols an roses. Music starts and the band comes out from underneath the guns and roses. People start appearing around the stage rockin out to the song until there are thousands of them. At the end of the song the fans cheer wildly and a single fan takes a picture of Axl,and Axl says ....THATS IT IM GOIN HOME.  ok

WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER LOOKING FOR NEWS
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 06:12:54 PM »

I wanted to see a video like the beastie boys did explaining their absence, they were being held by big foot, would have shown axl could just laugh it off, make light of something that took so long. hihi
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 07:13:23 PM »

Is there still a budget for videos?Huh

hihi

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 07:26:23 PM »

I think it really depends on which song the video is for. I would like to see something relevant to the lyrics, but nothing over the top..until the 2nd video.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 07:57:04 PM »

I dont know if this would work for a video but more as a commercial. Black and White shot in a small Chinese town. People are running down the narrow roads, while helicopters hoover over head. On the tail of the copters would be the Chinese Democracy star (in red color). The camera zooms in to a young Chinese boy in a small Chinese hut. He wraps a white bandana around his head with a red CD star. So far the only things in color are the Chinese Democracy stars. The boy goes to run out of the hut when he turns around and  grabs something off of the table. The boy gathers with the large crowd as they run down the street. The street gets more crowded with people along with tanks (with the red star visible), army men\women, and those large dragons. (the ones the chinese people use during new years). The crowd stops as they meet up with hundreds of other people. All wearing white bandannas with the red star. The little boy looks to his hand which he is carrying what he grabbed from his house and it turns out to be a gas mask. He turns around and places the gas mask on to his head and raises his right arm with a fist into the air. Camera will zoom into his fist as the screen fades black and reads Chinese Democracy is coming in stores ** ** ****.

Dont know if it would work as a video or not. It came to me one night while trying to get to sleep. Sometimes Insomnia can give you some crazy ass ideas.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 10:52:52 PM »

I dont know if this would work for a video but more as a commercial. Black and White shot in a small Chinese town. People are running down the narrow roads, while helicopters hoover over head. On the tail of the copters would be the Chinese Democracy star (in red color). The camera zooms in to a young Chinese boy in a small Chinese hut. He wraps a white bandana around his head with a red CD star. So far the only things in color are the Chinese Democracy stars. The boy goes to run out of the hut when he turns around and  grabs something off of the table. The boy gathers with the large crowd as they run down the street. The street gets more crowded with people along with tanks (with the red star visible), army men\women, and those large dragons. (the ones the chinese people use during new years). The crowd stops as they meet up with hundreds of other people. All wearing white bandannas with the red star. The little boy looks to his hand which he is carrying what he grabbed from his house and it turns out to be a gas mask. He turns around and places the gas mask on to his head and raises his right arm with a fist into the air. Camera will zoom into his fist as the screen fades black and reads Chinese Democracy is coming in stores ** ** ****.

Dont know if it would work as a video or not. It came to me one night while trying to get to sleep. Sometimes Insomnia can give you some crazy ass ideas.

oh my god, man.. i could SO picture that as a promotion comercial for CD.. that's an amazing idea..  ok

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 11:28:49 PM »

i bet you its gonna be a tripped out cartoon...really...could be great.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 12:36:44 AM »

ememebr all the references to Izy leaving in the videos to UYI? I wonder if Axl will drudge up any of that in videos. He seems to like to express himself thru them.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 02:45:15 AM »

An in studio clip of them recording the single, just for empirical proof that yes, all of the members have been collectively present in the studio at one time or another.. hihi
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 05:14:07 AM »

Ok i just thinking...how must be look like new video from Chinese Democracy. Something cool like UYI era or something dark like A Perfect Circle - Judith for example?

Edit: title modified so no one comes here and thinks the thread contains news about a new video. /Will
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 06:02:03 AM by Will » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 06:00:15 AM »

how the video gonna look you mean? i wanna see the band in it  ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 06:48:05 AM »

Well it depends on what the first single will be - if it's dark-mooded then something dark would be fine. If it's an epic, then a kind-of-sequel to November Rain and Estranged videos.

I just love those two videos. Full of visual metaphors.

I would like to see Robin do some weird art on it too. Smiley

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »

As long as its not part of a soundtrack Ill be happy. The 1st video I want to be of the band and the concept of the song. If they wanna do soundtrack later on, cool, but for the 1st it should just be focusing on the new band, not snoopy and Axl singing together in a video

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: