Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First video - your predictions and ideas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First video - your predictions and ideas  (Read 27225 times)
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2006, 08:29:10 AM »

NO CARTOONS!!!!

Agree. Cartoon videos are lame

yeah they sucks
Elrothiel
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »

Now now, I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, so don't kill me alright!

Buuut... what do y'all think the music videos will be like?

I was thinking that perhaps there'd be one done in the style of House of Flying Daggers or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon... with lots of high-res photography and brilliant colors. Or maybe in Sin City style!! OR... both ideas fused into one!! Like.... half of it is in HOFD style and it changes at certain parts to SC style... and then back to HOFD style... and back again. I don't know... I just got thinking... and an advert for HOFD came on and I was like "WOW! That would ROCK!!!"

...err... so yea! What do ya think the music videos for the new songs will be like? ok
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »

All good ideas but I feel the first video might be clips from live performances from during the upcoming tour and maybe some backstage shots etc but basically like the PC video. Have the studio track dubbed over videos of the band playing that track. Would show the bands still ready to rock n roll, a video like Estranged or Don't Cry would be a big mistake as a first single video.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2006, 12:29:36 PM »

I wonder what the first video will look like? (your ideas)

1. (worse case senario) various shots from the recent live gigs  Undecided
2. (better than 1.) something abstract, shots of locations, the band are not seen
3. A proper video, the band out and about in some place (maybe China) struting their stuff  beer
4. Can't think of a 4th
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2006, 12:42:04 PM »

idk but ive been think of irs as the first single and if thats true then when the  big BH solo comes in it zooms into fink or whoever plays it now it zooms in and out with lights flashing all colors it would be cool

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2006, 12:45:42 PM »

ok i think axl needs to out do the cheese of estranged video.

i think for IRS, we need a car chase with a helicopter chasing also. explosions, axl sky diving parachuting then landing in the back of a jeep next to bumblefoot, who then plays a solo towards all the police cars behind him sending a shock wave of guitar riffery and all the tires burst and windows shatter causing them all to flip over and crash. Then the car needs to crash into the water in which axl swims with dolphins again, and bumblefoot comes out of water soloing. Then richard fortus rescues the band by bringing them in with a guitar lead. then the gnr band are surrounded by fbi people, they give them a quick gig with explosions and then a nuclear bomb goes off to finish it.

html sucks
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2006, 12:51:29 PM »

When will Axl tell us when the first video is coming out?  Huh 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »

When will Axl tell us when the first video is coming out?  Huh 

when he tells us the first single is coming out.

html sucks
EFISH
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »

ok i think axl needs to out do the cheese of estranged video.

i think for IRS, we need a car chase with a helicopter chasing also. explosions, axl sky diving parachuting then landing in the back of a jeep next to bumblefoot, who then plays a solo towards all the police cars behind him sending a shock wave of guitar riffery and all the tires burst and windows shatter causing them all to flip over and crash. Then the car needs to crash into the water in which axl swims with dolphins again, and bumblefoot comes out of water soloing. Then richard fortus rescues the band by bringing them in with a guitar lead. then the gnr band are surrounded by fbi people, they give them a quick gig with explosions and then a nuclear bomb goes off to finish it.

that was the funniest thing ive heard all day!
 Cheesy

i think, if we a video, it's not going to be showing the band playing because they are keeping bucketheads parts in teh songs and they're not going to get him to play in the video.. it would be wrong if they did, even if he wanted to because hes not in the band anymore and it would sort of give the wrong message to the people wtaching the vid on MTV. theyll think he's in the band or something.

so, we might get a vid, but it may be like estanged, NR with just Axl and maybe a finck guitar solo.

oh well... top priority right now.. CD release date.   ok

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »

When will Axl tell us when the first video is coming out?? Huh?

when he tells us the first single is coming out.
When will that be  Huh
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »

I hope that checkmate is a real gnr new song.  Have the video with a fightclub theme.  That would be awesome!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2006, 09:13:24 PM »

i think, if we a video, it's not going to be showing the band playing because they are keeping bucketheads parts in teh songs and they're not going to get him to play in the video.. it would be wrong if they did, even if he wanted to because hes not in the band anymore and it would sort of give the wrong message to the people wtaching the vid on MTV. theyll think he's in the band or something.

Gilby was in the videos....why can't Bumble be in 'em?
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2006, 11:12:48 PM »

I would like to see a baseball-themed video for Catcher In The Rye set in China.? ?hihi

For those who got that and are rolling their eyes right now, I'm sorry.? I just could'nt resist.

-Banny

I dunno about baseball, but this photo was taken at the time everyone was saying that the CITR video was being filmed... in China....

http://br.geocities.com/cacotk/maybechinese.jpg

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »

I would like to see a return to the dolphin theme of Estranged. As long as there is an oil tanker to jump off, Im happy  beer
EFISH
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2006, 11:48:37 PM »

I would like to see a baseball-themed video for Catcher In The Rye set in China.? ?hihi

For those who got that and are rolling their eyes right now, I'm sorry.? I just could'nt resist.

-Banny

I dunno about baseball, but this photo was taken at the time everyone was saying that the CITR video was being filmed... in China....

http://br.geocities.com/cacotk/maybechinese.jpg

\

thanks for sharing the picture! wow, interesting Roll Eyes
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2006, 11:53:47 PM »

Here's what I'm seeing for a 'Better' video:

Axl's sitting in a hotel room, in a chair by a window, it's dark outside. He's got a blank look on his face, then he starts with the "No one ever told me..", then Axl gets up while singing, leaves his hotel room, time it to where when the music kicks in right when Axl slams the door. While singing, he's walking down the hall, going down the elevator, stopping at the bar to get a drink, etc., all the while, flashing to the band playing the song in a dark place. Then when Axl gets outside the hotel and walks down the street, he meets up with the band, when all of these kinda neon lights start flashing behind Axl & the band (imagine Coldplay's "Speed of Light" video, but outside on the streets at night.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2006, 02:57:30 PM »

why bother making a video. MTV and VH1 rarely even play vids anymore. Unless it's a bonus included with the cd, i say no video, just tour.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »

here's an idea:

make puppets of all the band members and hire some puppet operators to move them about. That could be entertaining  Grin
Steel_Angel
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »

Here's what I'm seeing for a 'Better' video:

Axl's sitting in a hotel room, in a chair by a window, it's dark outside. He's got a blank look on his face, then he starts with the "No one ever told me..", then Axl gets up while singing, leaves his hotel room, time it to where when the music kicks in right when Axl slams the door. While singing, he's walking down the hall, going down the elevator, stopping at the bar to get a drink, etc., all the while, flashing to the band playing the song in a dark place. Then when Axl gets outside the hotel and walks down the street, he meets up with the band, when all of these kinda neon lights start flashing behind Axl & the band (imagine Coldplay's "Speed of Light" video, but outside on the streets at night.
Dude, that was incredibly cheesey.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2006, 04:26:24 PM »

here's an idea:

make puppets of all the band members and hire some puppet operators to move them about. That could be entertaining  Grin

...this way Axl will show on time (for the shoot) and not throw temper tantrums and storm off stage  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: