Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses.com updated with CD update  (Read 77428 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 03:40:10 AM »

Call me stupid, but I don't get this bit...

There is no official release date

Um, then why did Axl even announce a tentative March 6th release date to begin with if the album wasn't even completed...?

And all that talk, or should I say blame, about Merck not setting the album up properly for release by the end of 2006 doesn't make ANY sense when the album wasn't even finished until now.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, but us GN'R fans sure get strung along...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 03:47:46 AM »

this makes me think that maybe this is all part of a potential surprise promotion.

Is it possible that this update has been sitting around for a while and that the web sight is just being slow to update.

I can still see this as a March releas the complete vageness of the update just makes me think  Huh
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:08 AM »

Is it just me, or is it great to finally see someone else on the mainpage of the official site besides Axl?  If this band is going to become as big as we all want them to be the band has to become known to the general public.

Completely agree. Guys/personalities like Robin, Tommy, Richard, BBF, Frank etc. need to be taken advantage of. These are all great guys who not only have amazing chops, but most people out there would love to hang out with. Stinson and Fortus, for example, are so cool and rock n' roll without even trying to be.... GN'R needs to take advantage of that angle... and not just be seen as Axl, the old keyboardist whose name sounds like Izzy, and 6 faceless yes men.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 03:48:58 AM »

Um, then why did Axl even announce a tentative March 6th release date to begin with if the album wasn't even completed...?

To appease everyone who were disappointed when 2006 was not the year after all? He did admit the album wasn't completed, didn't elaborate how much there was to do.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 03:53:23 AM »

Sweet deal. One milestone reached, time to sprint (or lightly jog) to the finish line.  Cool

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 03:55:17 AM »

They could have done a little better with the photo of Frank and Bbf lounging around on the sofa! I mean come on guys how about a pic of Frank on the drums in the studio?

Its important to lend credibility to your statements and whilst I'm genuinely happy the recording has finished a little more work on an update wouldn't harm, for the bands sake alone

Here today...ready to rock
shredsolo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 03:56:10 AM »

it says on the official website that its still in the mixing process at the minute

axl said it would take approx 8 weeks from when its handed over to the record company

so id imagine we are at least 2 months away for a release
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 03:56:56 AM »

late april/may

everything is cool ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 03:57:50 AM »

Mixing. Mmmk.

"Certain minor, and by that I do mean minor adjustments", eh?? ok

Just sayin...

Yeah certain minor adjustments that took 2 and a half months because it was actually recording (NOT adjustments but additions). And now we've got mixing going on, plus mastering. It's at least 2-3 months away I think. Likely a summer release at the earliest.? Sad March 6th my ass.

Dude you obviously know nothing about mixing or mastering. It'll prolly take 1 week max for the mixing, then another few days for the mastering. I think we should have the album by April.

1 week max? Most bands take a 1-2 yrs to record a record.

I say a month for mixing up to end march a weeks mastering, all finished before the tour starts. Album is released 6-8 weeks later May or June depending on those darn 'contract negotiations'. And we all know what a pain in the arse Axl can be with those! (quote RIR)

Here today...ready to rock
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:21 AM »

Wow, news!!!  Cheesy
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:46 AM »

it says on the official website that its still in the mixing process at the minute

axl said it would take approx 8 weeks from when its handed over to the record company

so id imagine we are at least 2 months away for a release

no, less than 2 months: 8 weeks to be on the shelves from the label are already a month, and I don't think the mixing will take other 8 weeks

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 04:00:52 AM »

Call me stupid, but I don't get this bit...

And all that talk, or should I say blame, about Merck not setting the album up properly for release by the end of 2006 doesn't make ANY sense when the album wasn't even finished until now.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, but us GN'R fans sure get strung along...

Fair comment. At a certain point it's up to us to not allow ourselves to be strung along though... there's so much about the Axl-Merck, Axl-Doug Goldstein, Axl-Buckethead, Axl-Paul Tobias, Axl-Slash, Axl-Duff, Axl-Steven, Axl-Stephanie, Axl-Universal, Axl-Sanctuary, Axl-Philadelphia, Axl-Vancouver, Axl-Erin.... relationships that we don't know shit about that it's futile to even put much stock in anything that is said by anybody.... the safer course is to just sit back on the sidelines and applaud actual verifiable news when it does come in (however rarely)- the rest is proceed at your own caution territory. We all love Axl- but this IS Mr. "I want to be late to my own funeral" were talkin' about here...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 04:02:33 AM »

Oh my! This is something pretty amazing to wake up to! Great news! We are nearly there people! Please dont turn this into a negative thread! All the people who have put some rather depressing posts in this thread already should delete them and start getting a few positive vibes into them! It is happening my fellow Guns N Roses fans!!

Mike

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 04:09:14 AM »

They seem to be really trying to get this our around the South African shows or soon after. I would love to see it come out on my birthday May 1st. What a birthday present that would be.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:11:21 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 04:10:28 AM »

Release Late April/May.

Soon is the word Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 04:12:13 AM »

Release Late April/May.

Soon is the word Wink

I wouldn't mind that. The single release is what I want at this point because it will tide us over until the album. If they give it proper promotion, then a single would need to be out fairly soon (mid-March?).
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 04:13:59 AM »

Oh my! This is something pretty amazing to wake up to! Great news! We are nearly there people! Please dont turn this into a negative thread! All the people who have put some rather depressing posts in this thread already should delete them and start getting a few positive vibes into them! It is happening my fellow Guns N Roses fans!!

Mike

Ehi guy ... this album will never come out .. and it's a REAL DIE HARD FAN SPEAKIN'.
Don' you remember the mixin' process during UYI:it took almost one year .
Now we're talkin' about over a decade of recordings with 2/3 drummers , 5 or more guitarist and varioous other people involved.
And i want to add another thing: certainly axl will be a supervisor to the mixin' process after all this time spent to wrap the baby up:what happen if mixin' isn't done and there's a world tour to play?Huh

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:25 AM »

Is it just me, or is it great to finally see someone else on the mainpage of the official site besides Axl?

No, there's me too yes

Besides, it's a cool picture, and I'm happy that FF is arround, he's awesome peace

Good news, recording is now officialy done. Let's hope that the mixing process will go right on track, and that they won't change just like they did during the UYI's mixing.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 04:24:04 AM »

definitely awesome news.

they updated the show as well by the way ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 04:25:17 AM »

lol 1 year of mixing? you're getting crazy...  Shocked

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: