Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:26:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is anybody going to announce anything?!?!?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is anybody going to announce anything?!?!?  (Read 10749 times)
ronie
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 01, 2007, 03:59:53 AM »

Isn't it about time for Axl or anybody from the GnR camp to finaly say at least one damn word on the CD release date issue? I mean something like "people will hear music this year" or "fall, late fall" or "it is this year" or "6428 tuesdays between now and the end of the world" ?I mean, anything will do, we're used to this kind of treatment anyway and March 6th is only 5 days away after all...   
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:02:33 AM »

close

I have never seen so many tree
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:13:29 AM »

the announcement is...stop making these threads.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 04:45:14 AM »

Until the record is in the store, don't hope for a release. Regardless of what people say, official or not.
I remember when that March 6 date was announced I felt no assurance or confidence that we would be seeing the album on that date. Lo and behold, here we are on March 1 and no album is in sight...

It's a joke really. I'm hoping for a release sometime this year but, even on that, I'm not confident.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:24:46 AM »

Isn't it about time for Axl or anybody from the GnR camp to finaly say at least one damn word on the CD release date issue? I mean something like "people will hear music this year" or "fall, late fall" or "it is this year" or "6428 tuesdays between now and the end of the world" ?I mean, anything will do, we're used to this kind of treatment anyway and March 6th is only 5 days away after all...   

Did you bother reading the Dead Horse section?

Of course you didn't.

That would make too much sense.  Roll Eyes

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »

We already got the announcement

The album will be out.....*SOOON* - from talking metal podcast  hihi

Both Frank and Bumble made the announcement  ok
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 06:08:01 AM »

Isn't it about time for Axl or anybody from the GnR camp to finaly say at least one damn word on the CD release date issue? I mean something like "people will hear music this year" or "fall, late fall" or "it is this year" or "6428 tuesdays between now and the end of the world" ?I mean, anything will do, we're used to this kind of treatment anyway and March 6th is only 5 days away after all...? ?

Of course you didn't.

That would make too much sense.? Roll Eyes

oh please! Stop beeing so arrogant! everybody is wondering when will be the GREAT RELEASE. I am fed up with rumours and rumours and rumours. I want it out! and now!!!!  rant

once, someone said: "live and let die"
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 06:18:58 AM »

oh please! Stop beeing so arrogant! everybody is wondering when will be the GREAT RELEASE. I am fed up with rumours and rumours and rumours. I want it out! and now!!!!  rant
"If you are waiting..don't."
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 06:24:29 AM »

I actually kinda prefer the silence  Undecided  I'd rather have no news, then get a hint here, a quote there, someone saying it'll be out by... whenever, and then be disappointed.
I'm thinking Axl wants to keep it hush hush until there's something definite to tell us, since we've been disappointed so many times already.
At least I hope so  Smiley

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
suicide
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »

My guess is it will be released within the next two months.
Axl said March 6th was a possibility when their were only three months (or not even) left. If everything went according to plan, March 6 would have been the release date.
Now we know the recording is done, so the extra two months should be enough for the mixing, artwork and promotion.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 06:30:06 AM »

Of course you didn't.

That would make too much sense.  Roll Eyes

Arrogant? No.

Sick of noobs posting without reading what they're explicitly told to read when they first sign up? Yes.

"I want it out! and now!!!!" Really? Me too! Grin

Look - I'm not trying to come across as a jackass here, but the same questions can only be asked and answered so many times. It seems like lately, the influx of new posters asking the same things has increased, and honestly its getting to be fairly old, and fairly annoying. Just please read things before you post. It's all that we're asking.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 06:53:45 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 06:39:19 AM »

We already got the announcement

The album will be out.....*SOOON* - from talking metal podcast? hihi

Both Frank and Bumble made the announcement? ok
yeah soon is the word,but soon=how many years

I have never seen so many tree
mild_child
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 06:44:05 AM »

Isn't it about time for Axl or anybody from the GnR camp to finaly say at least one damn word on the CD release date issue? I mean something like "people will hear music this year" or "fall, late fall" or "it is this year" or "6428 tuesdays between now and the end of the world" ?I mean, anything will do, we're used to this kind of treatment anyway and March 6th is only 5 days away after all...? ?

Of course you didn't.

That would make too much sense.? Roll Eyes

oh please! Stop beeing so arrogant! everybody is wondering when will be the GREAT RELEASE. I am fed up with rumours and rumours and rumours. I want it out! and now!!!!? rant

Arrogant? No.

Sick of noobs posting without reading what they're explicitly told to read when they first sign up? Yes.

"I want it out! and now!!!!" Really? Me too! Grin

Look - I'm not trying to come across as a jackass here, but the same questions can only be asked and answered so many times. It seems like lately, the influx of new posters asking the same things has increased, and honestly its getting to be fairly old, and fairly annoying. Just please read things before hand before you post. It's all that we're asking.

sir yes sir!!!  beer  Grin

mild_child
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 06:48:13 AM »

oh please! Stop beeing so arrogant! everybody is wondering when will be the GREAT RELEASE. I am fed up with rumours and rumours and rumours. I want it out! and now!!!!? rant
"If you are waiting..don't."
don't worry i have enough patience for another 10 yers.  peace

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:51:41 AM »

In the tread following Axl's letter, I said:

For 85% of that letter I was completely infuriated, but when I got to the part about naming a tentative release date I quickly cheered up.  In the end, that's all I (and may others, I'm sure) ever wanted to hear from Axl ...

Now, for the love of God, can you actually follow up on that idea of prompt updates if plans change?  Please?  It's not the delays themselves that have frustrated me the most, it's the delays in publicizing the information regarding the delays.

Now, I pretty much already have the answer to that question, but beyond March 6 if nothing more has been said I'll definitely know where I stand on that account (and it's exactly where I figured I would, unfortunately).

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 07:28:16 AM »

Look - I'm not trying to come across as a jackass here, blah blah blah blah

Does it really matter in the grand scale of things if someone new to the forum asks when its coming out? Really does it? Its only a few words innocently typed on a computer screen, yet it fills some people with rage, 'how dare these noobs come here asking questions!'  Roll Eyes

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:42:58 AM »

The wont make any annoucements as this is has become too embarasing.

Any further claims of a soon release will lack any credibility.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 07:54:29 AM »

I hope we get a tracklisting when we get an official release date. 
ronie
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 07:55:27 AM »

It's good to see freeminded people here, 80% of the fans in this forum act as if they are Axl's lawyers or something...I'm just asking a question and everybody's jumpin' on me as if I said something wrong bout Axl...Is this a rock band's site or is it one of these religious type of missionery's site? Follow rules?!? read the so called "dead horse section"?!? Why would I? I don't want to...you read it, I'm just asking a question and there's nothing wrong with that!
 ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

everybody is wondering when will be the GREAT RELEASE. I am fed up with rumours and rumours and rumours. I want it out! and now!!!!  rant

You want release? No release for you! Come back one month. Next!

Get used to the fact that you can't get what you want when you want it with everything.

It might work with everything else in your life, but not this.

Follow rules?!? read the so called "dead horse section"?!? Why would I? I don't want to...you read it, I'm just asking a question and there's nothing wrong with that!
 ok

That's the kind of behaviour that ends with somebody getting banned.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:11:33 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: