Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Do You Think Axl Really Kept the Guns N' Roses name?  (Read 12486 times)
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« on: March 02, 2007, 03:30:28 AM »

Say what you want, but Axl is no cold hearted monster, and hes not a money grabbing pirate. From my personal perception he seems to be an artist who has difficulty in the media spotlight and in talks with the press. So I wondered, asides from the whole legal complications, did he keep the GNR name because he literally figured that NO record label or marketing plan would put up with him fumbling about for the last 7 years unless the name GNR was attached? Thats my opinion anyway, as the Guns N Roses name is simply a marketing tool, and if Axl figured he'd get the same backing without the name he'd drop it...but in Asia and South America its a lot easier just to present the name, the bands logo, and advertise Axl is going to be there

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:37:33 AM »

He kept the name because W. Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses. Always has been, always will be.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:41:54 AM »

to keep the intergrity of Guns N Roses...if Slash and Duff had their way GNR's music would be in Burger King and Nike commercials....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:47:53 AM »

to keep the intergrity of Guns N Roses...if Slash and Duff had their way GNR's music would be in Burger King and Nike commercials....

AND instead of the Illusions we'd prolly have ended up with Appetite II.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:18:12 AM »

hmm the Illusions were awesome dude....beyond awesome.......i wouldnt have wanted appetite 2
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:23:35 AM »

He kept the name because he didn't wanted the band to die, no matter what.

As long as we have Axl, GN'R will never die.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:42:45 AM »

He kept the name because he didn't wanted the band to die, no matter what.

As long as we have Axl, GN'R will never die.

....Or release an album.

Keeping the GNR name has been an albatross around his neck I think. If it was called the 'Axl Rose All Star Sessionm Musician Band' he wouldnt have so much to live up to and he could put out endless crummy industrial records without having to compare to or live up to the GNR legacy. We would have had a few Axl albums that we may or may not like, but who cares. He should be doing the music for himself, not new fame or fortune based on a long dead name.

He kept the band name I think because he did think he was the soul etc of GNR, but a 13 year silence album wise with a few nostalgia tours hardly speaks of vision and progression to me at least. He's scared to release an album that might not live up to the GNR name. Bad luck Axl. Should think twice before screwing your friends over in future.

As for Slash and Duff putting music in Burger King etc - well they arent in or dont associate themselves with GNR anymore so are probably quite happy to make money from songs that they wrote 20 years ago or whatever. Who cares, why shouldnt they. Have you seen Big Daddy? Now thats integrity. Didnt Axl want to put out rerecorded versions of AFD songs on sountracks so the old guys wouldnt get royalties. Now theres a good guy.

Just my opinion - before you start crying, I want to hear CD, and have seen the band live - I just think hes lying to his fans and to himself by calling the band Guns N Roses.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »

He kept the band name I think because he did think he was the soul etc of GNR, but a 13 year silence album wise with a few nostalgia tours hardly speaks of vision and progression to me at least. He's scared to release an album that might not live up to the GNR name. Bad luck Axl. Should think twice before screwing your friends over in future.
"and for all those who thinks that they know whats going on but they have no idea"
Remember a quote from Axl back in 2001? that quote was something like this, so... you have no idea of what's going on  Roll Eyes

This is a pointless topic, seriously... he didn't keep the band name. The band has always been there, lol. Members left cause they wanted to... they were part of Guns N' Roses, but they left. The soul (as you said) of Guns N' Roses is still there, he is still writing songs and he is still performing. His band has new members, ya know? The band is still the same though. Some different members, but the band is Guns N' Roses. And has always been.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 05:08:43 AM »

well, I know what you mean, dude. I understand you, but... the band is out there. The band was never dissolved. Chinese Democracy will be out soon enough and that's all what matter  peace

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

I believe Axl saw the destruction of the band happening long before it actually occured, it was up to him to save what he felt was rightfully his from it's own self destruction. It was probably at that time that Axl devised a plan and set it into action.  Whether his plan was just to protect the GNR name or wether he truly had plans to build a new band is a mystery to me, but whatever his intentions, I love him and am sad about the demise of the original line-up, but am very open to the new, I think we are all pretty fortunate to have any GNR in 06 and 07

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »

Slash is G'N'R Roll Eyes smoking

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »

hmm the Illusions were awesome dude....beyond awesome.......i wouldnt have wanted appetite 2

Whoops, I didn't word that one too well. I meant that Appetite II would be for the worse. The Illusions are my favorite album. Period. beer
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »

I dont think he shoulda kept the name...prolly woulda been easier with the media...but anyway that ship has long sailed...i made my peace with it a while ago....anyway axl describes why he kept it here....Axl Speaks the RS interview 2000

''What we're trying to do is build Guns N` Roses back into something,'' Rose explains quietly as he stands in front of a sunken isolation booth.

''This wasn't Guns N` Roses, but I feel it is Guns N` Roses now.''

Asked whether he ever considered going under his own name instead of keeping the Guns N` Roses tag, Rose says; ''It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in Guns N` Roses before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it and walk away.''

Furthermore, because the new material has been composed collaboratively with the new players, he insists, ''It's not an Axl Rose album, even if it's what I wanted it to be. Everybody is putting everything they've got into singing and building. Maybe I'm helping steer it to what it should be built like.''

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »

The band was never dissolved.

yeah that is exactly why, axl has never been alone, when someone left someone came to replace that person, they never really split up, just one after another left, they didn't change it when izzy left he was replaced almost instantly, same with slash and duff
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »

Axl kept the name for spite. Simple. Its like if u have a fight with one of ur family members and u think, 'Il show you!". I think thats exactly what Axl did. Just a theory.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 09:02:13 AM »

I agree he kept it for spite... What is the point of keeping teh band name when he wants the band to be so different.  The image, the sound everything is different.  Including all the band memebers. He should just call the band Chinese Democracy..

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

I agree he kept it for spite... What is the point of keeping teh band name when he wants the band to be so different.? The image, the sound everything is different.? Including all the band memebers. He should just call the band Chinese Democracy..

actually that would be kinda cool i guess, never thought about it, but no
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 11:50:17 AM »

I agree he kept it for spite... What is the point of keeping teh band name when he wants the band to be so different.? The image, the sound everything is different.? Including all the band memebers. He should just call the band Chinese Democracy..

actually that would be kinda cool i guess, never thought about it, but no

what he said^

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »

I think he'd have a better reputation had he just started another band, maybe some kind of super group, or just solo stuff.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »

Arrogance and money.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: