Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 119814 times)
absolutelytrue
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2007, 10:41:17 AM »

then if its done.. what are we waiting for? Huh

Mixing, mastering and promotion.

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2007, 11:38:35 AM »

as you can probably tell from my previous posts, i have never been like that on this board...EVER!

now you're the poor guy here? "Sorry, I was only defending myself. I'm really sorry but I'm the victim here." I'm sorry, "poor guy".

what you got was what was coming...i responded to an attack on one of my posts, my opinions by you. i didnt attack anyone personally with my first post yet you saw fit to attack me with yours...get a life.

Go live yours and if you shut up we would appreciate.  ok

and as foo the "boo hooo you'll get bad karma!"....do you honestly think i care, did you think im going to apologize?

hell no, i'll take the -1, cause i meant every word!

think before you post. If you don't care about the karma, well, leave. Cause you'll get banned sooner or later, and I, peronally, would love that.

less of the tattle tale BS! i stated an opinion, i believe you said in a different posty thatmy opiniojn didnt matter, well if thats the case why do have a board at all if no ones opinions matter.
I did not say that no ones opinion matter. It does to someone in the forums. That's why there are discussions, ya know? But when it comes to GN'R name or Axl's decisions it does not matter. At all. The original band isn't together anymore. Your opinion does not matter. The band will stay the same. Guns N' Roses is called Guns N' Roses, not Axl's band. Your opinion does not matter. Got it? Or shall I draw everything I said, so that would be easier for you to understand?

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »

honestly what are you talking about man!

let me state my true opinions/ feeelings/ facts, here.....

1. i love the new GnR

2. i have never attacked any new member of GnR

3. i dont love the old band anymore/ less than the new, they are both great.

4. in my post i never once mentiond the old band, so what are you on about!

5. i'm really looking forward to CD

6. i said axl is only human, its not his fault that people get their hopes up about albums relese dates

7. i said he would probably have been better not to give a date (probably spring/summer would have been better!)

8. i said that the fact that the band has had 2/3 "chinese democracy" world tours has turned the project in to a bit of a joke, doesn't matter under what circumstances things were scrapped/ changed etc etc. the media/ and your average music fan probably sees CD this way. i think this is unfortunate

9. i have been a member of this board for about 4/5 years and have been watching since around 2000, and this is the first time i've had bad karma, so the chances of me taking the bait and verbally abusing youtr inferior intelligence, is slim to none.

10. im not the "poor guy", i think if anyone on the board was "spoken" to in the way that i was after a post, that person would have an argument on their hands too.

11. i said that people who threaten to leave are just as sad/ crazy as those who blindly defend axl/ the band.

hopefully i can get through to you now that im not a "hater" or "negative" i'm merely contributing to a discussion, and if i'm attacked i will retaliate, thats my perogative. i can do that if i like, im not going to sit and say, "oooh jarmo, the big boy swore at me..."

ps and by reading your post in different threads i think that you have a HUGE chip on your shoulder about board members being "negative". i understand that some people come here to bash the band/ axl or whatver, but i'm am not one of those people.

maybe instead of hunting for something negatvie to respond to you should actually take the time to post something with some thought or character rather than just a blind defence, just for the sake of it............ no
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:18:50 PM by daviebuckethead » Logged

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
EstrangedReality
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »

Funny until the last may the negatives would go on about as how 'the band members didn't know a shit'. and now what? they are on at jarmo about as how he and some others 'know the details'.

Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

Again,
Axl NEVER said that. sorry but if anything the level of your reading comprehension is astonishingly bad for a native English speaker. You shouldn't take others words the way you like and complain about them.

The update by del was just an extra, nice of him and the camp. it was not what they were obliged to do.

Don't claim my comprehension is "astonishingly bad" when you ignore the very basics of the language in your posts.

Axl Rose:

Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled... We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.... Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date.
[/b]

How was an update on the status of the album "a nice thing to do" when it was something we were promised we would receive?

You still don't read?
what were promised there are
1) that they try their best.
2) update in regard to the release date.
therefore
No new date = no notification

You still can't form a cohesive sentence?

March 6th was announced as a tentative date, and we were told we would be notified as to a new date if March 6th was not met as the goal.

So, when March 6th became unrealistic for them per a release date, you thought they would let the day pass us by without an update?  Tongue Yes, that would have been very professional. At least they gave us some type of update - even if they waited too long.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2007, 12:44:09 PM »

honestly what are you talking about man!

let me state my true opinions/ feeelings/ facts, here.....

1. i love the new GnR

2. i have never attacked any new member of GnR

3. i dont love the old band anymore/ less than the new, they are both great.

4. in my post i never once mentiond the old band, so what are you on about!

5. i'm really looking forward to CD

6. i said axl is only human, its not his fault that people get their hopes up about albums relese dates

7. i said he would probably have been better not to give a date (probably spring/summer would have been better!)

8. i said that the fact that the band has had 2/3 "chinese democracy" world tours has turned the project in to a bit of a joke, doesn't matter under what circumstances things were scrapped/ changed etc etc. the media/ and your average music fan probably sees CD this way. i think this is unfortunate

9. i have been a member of this board for about 4/5 years and have been watching since around 2000, and this is the first time i've had bad karma, so the chances of me taking the bait and verbally abusing youtr inferior intelligence, is slim to none.

10. im not the "poor guy", i think if anyone on the board was "spoken" to in the way that i was after a post, that person would have an argument on their hands too.

11. i said that people who threaten to leave are just as sad/ crazy as those who blindly defend axl/ the band.

hopefully i can get through to you now that im not a "hater" or "negative" i'm merely contributing to a discussion, and if i'm attacked i will retaliate, thats my perogative. i can do that if i like, im not going to sit and say, "oooh jarmo, the big boy swore at me..."

ps and by reading your post in different threads i think that you have a HUGE chip on your shoulder about board members being "negative". i understand that some people come here to bash the band/ axl or whatver, but i'm am not one of those people.

maybe instead of hunting for something negatvie to respond to you should actually take the time to post something with some thought or character rather than just a blind defence, just for the sake of it............ no

I hear ya. I don't think you should call someone else a bitch cause she's defending Axl and telling you to stop quoting Axl to attack people, and saying that you aren't "anyone" to compare who defend Axl and the bullshitters. Your wrong act was that, in my opinion. We can live with the "bullshitters and fans defending Axl" thing, but you using those words was pointless. Just gave you a bad karma and a discussion. You were not attacked by axlgurl, she asked you who you are to compare people defending Axl with the bullshitters, said that use gn'r quotes to attack people is lame and etc. So, your post had something like "this is your bad week, bitch and other pointless words". She did not disrespect you and you did. Sorry, you are wrong and you got a negative karma for that. First, she is damn nice and defends GN'R, second, she did not attack you or offend you... 3rd: it's not her bad week, It's a good week cause her posts are damn funny.  rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »

i think you misunderstood again.

my original post had nothing to to with axlgurl, nada, nothing at all.

i just looked at evryone complaining and mad a social observation

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2007, 01:19:10 PM »

I was discussing the lack of communication after this... we heard nothing until the week before the album was tentatively scheduled to be released. They would have known eight weeks prior to March 6th whether it was a feasible date. Surely if they wanted to keep us informed - as Axl said in his open letter - they wouldn't have waited until the very, very last moment to tell us it wasn't ready yet.

I've explained it many times.

How about this scenario:

Eight weeks before the tentative release date (in January), mixing hadn't started yet and posting an update saying "we're done recording, but mixing has to be done now" would've been worse than waiting and saying "mixing is happening right now"?

Is there a possibility that they didn't wait with the update for some very simple reason like that?

Not updating until they had something to say?

People are obsessed with dates, weeks and days. Counting back eight weeks from March 6th etc.

Just a simple spokesperson for the band on the Internet - through GunsNRoses.com and MySpace.com - could help get rid of rumors and bullshit news stories (remember the thing about Axl having a roast before going out on stage, which Tommy said was BS but was reported as true because no one refuted it at the time?).

People do that, and get attacked for lying or for being too mean.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »

I don?t know what?s worse because if they speak,they are bashed and if they don?t speak they are bashed too confused

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
EstrangedReality
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

People do that, and get attacked for lying or for being too mean.

Beta posting infrequent messages here is hardly the same as having someone addressing the media and fans through popular venues such as MySpace. I go back to the miscommunication over the "may just show up on shelves one day" comment last year - it was clearly sarcastic but RS and many magazines reported it as truth, and other outlets picked it up. It was in tune with Axl's saying the album was due out last year so many fans simply believed he was telling the truth. Yet Merck never confronted this - nor did anyone else associated with the band. Instead, it grew and turned into something nasty - if they had clarified the situation immediately through their website it would have avoided many problems that it caused later on. It was one of the reasons that Axl cited for dropping Merck from managing the band, remember?

Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?it may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used in order for management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters. We feel that if this was so, this was obviously unfair to them.

... and would something like this hurt?

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2007, 02:39:51 PM »

Yes

GnR actualy do alot of nothing, but they want you to think they are always doing something.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »

Yes

GnR actualy do alot of nothing, but they want you to think they are always doing something.

Doesn't matter, they're living their lives, go live yours. Wouldn't it be nice to have enough money to focus on your friends, family and what you love (music) regardless of timelines? The don't owe anyone shit, they're just doing what they love to do (make good music).

a.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »

Yes

Doesn't matter, they're living their lives, go live yours. Wouldn't it be nice to have enough money to focus on your friends, family and what you love (music) regardless of timelines? The don't owe anyone shit, they're just doing what they love to do (make good music).

a.

definitely.  no one owes us shit.  Axl is his own person who can do whatever the fuck he wants.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »

Once again, you missed the point.

Different band, different situation.

Roll Eyes

In case you haven't noticed Nine Inch Nails just released a DVD and they're on tour. Wonder why they're updating their site with news about the DVD and a cancelled show?

Oh wait, GN'R updated their official site too when there were actual news.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:02:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »

Don?t bother Jarmo,sometimes it?s like talking to a wall Sad . You can explain things a million times and yet they won?t admit them.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »

Yes

a.

definitely.? no one owes us shit.? Axl is his own person who can do whatever the fuck he wants.

rofl rofl

O.K. And that has what to do with regular updates givin to fans? ?It's not a active group 15 1/2 yrs and not 1 studio release of original material, That is a fact. I'm saying regular updates would not work because GnR are not a fully active band, theres lots of downtime or there were lots of downtime. ?hihi Axl says live your life and thats like ?The HTGTH motto.
GnR are my favorite band, but a spade is a spade and I don't have to agree with everything and I can still live? hihi

Shocked Imagine that
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:10:18 PM by Chaosblues » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2007, 03:13:52 PM »

But why do people insist on GNR giving regular updates? They?ve NEVER been that kind of band. They are not going to do what you want and they aren?t going to be how you want. They?ve always done things their way whether people like it or not. Hell,they are not a boy band that gives weekly updates Roll Eyes

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »

But why do people insist on GNR giving regular updates? They?ve NEVER been that kind of band. They are not going to do what you want and they aren?t going to be how you want. They?ve always done things their way whether people like it or not. Hell,they are not a boy band that gives weekly updates Roll Eyes

Ok but the updates we get are shit , you have to know how to treat your fans. Especially when they stand by you for this long of a time. Axl is self centered , he thinks about himself there is no GUNS n roses it is and has been ROSES since the 90's broke in.  He said the Album will be out in 02 , and from then on we get a yearly update on how its almost done but not quite. Then he says something about Tuesdays and nothing , then the 6th nothing , you know look at the pattern of what is happening....
EstrangedReality
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2007, 03:44:03 PM »

Once again, you missed the point.

Different band, different situation.

Roll Eyes

In case you haven't noticed Nine Inch Nails just released a DVD and they're on tour. Wonder why they're updating their site with news about the DVD and a cancelled show?

Oh wait, GN'R updated their official site too when there were actual news.

/jarmo

No, I'm afraid you missed the point of my posting the link, jarmo. I was referencing the updates on the mixing stages of the album posted on that site. It was the concept behind it - not the specific updates I was pointing out. They're not only posting links affiliated with the DVD release and touring schedule. Check out the updates on the album's mixing, the projected release date, the finalized release date, the single release, airplay, Trent's appearances, etc., etc., etc. Weekly posts with news tidbits.

I was using this as an example. Of course it's a different band. I'm comparing them and saying that, in my opinion, GN'R should make an effort to communicate in a way such as NIN does. I was using that as a picture to illustrate my point. I never said GN'R should copy this in an identical sense. Nor am I claiming we should be receiving constant updates on every aspect of the record.

I think GNR's website could be more user-friendly and interactive considering it's the digital age. Ditto for their MySpace. After last year's tour ended, the dates were kept on the right side of the page up until just a few weeks ago. Expired dates were not removed -- you don't think that's kind of lame for an official band website? It's the little stuff that counts.

And you skipped over the rest of my post about the Merck/miscommunication thing which was the bulk of my response to you. What I'm saying is that I think they could improve their PR and it would clear up a lot of confusion and bullshit media lies before they had ground to start.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »

Ok but the updates we get are shit , you have to know how to treat your fans. Especially when they stand by you for this long of a time. Axl is self centered , he thinks about himself there is no GUNS n roses it is and has been ROSES since the 90's broke in.  He said the Album will be out in 02 , and from then on we get a yearly update on how its almost done but not quite. Then he says something about Tuesdays and nothing , then the 6th nothing , you know look at the pattern of what is happening....
No, he didn?t say the album would be out in 2002.The only time he?s given a release date was last december (march 6), and the one about the 13 tuesdays was said by Merck. Dude, I don?t like the long wait, I don?t like it when we don?t have news,I don?t like the delay but I don?t take all that to heart. Those things don?t affect my life, I don?t feel like I?m owed something. I don?t know, maybe it?s me, but I don?t understand why people take things this way, some of them are completely obsessed and angry, as if they had signed a contract to get a loan and then the bank comes and say they won?t have the money yet Roll Eyes.

Really, this attitude is something that does not fit into my head no

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »

It seems that we all care about the album more than he (Axl) does....

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: