Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 117807 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #460 on: March 11, 2007, 10:48:03 AM »

Axl was never this secretive, silent or vague back in the day, and I think that's what's surprised a lot of original fans. So, I'm not comparing the old guns with the new guns,  just Axl.

And for the record, not updating the fans like he used to is just stupid. Especially seeing how much easier it is now than back then.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:49:35 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #461 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »

Ever thought maybe they didn't like that experience and have chosen to go about doing things a different way?

Yeah, that coupled with the fact that the guys in the band are all different now, minus Axl & Dizzy of course.

I like when people keep making comments how "they" did it differently in the 80's/90's ?

Well, "they" are a completely different group of guys now.

What did you expect ?

*bba*

Well it is Axl calling the shots...I don't think "They" have anything to do with how the band is run now.? ?It's not a diss to them but they are told what to do as far what they can say and not say and when they can say it.

I mean yeah, I agree with what you are saying here.

People also say how this band jives much better than the old.... ? no

I'm sure alot of that has to do with the fact that the original band voiced there opinions more ?than Axl's new Guns.

I'm sure that today's members input matters to Axl... and that in some circumstances there input may way heavily, but when it comes down to it, Axl's got final say.

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #462 on: March 11, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »

Axl was never this secretive, silent or vague back in the day, and I think that's what's surprised a lot of original fans. So, I'm not comparing the old guns with the new guns.

And not updating the fans like he used to is just stupid.

Completely agreed. ? ? Something happened for him to become that way, it's probably what he said in the Albany rant in 2002, when he does say things it does get turned around and stuff like that, however he always did have the circle of trust thing back then. ?Hense only having one photographer that he wanted shooting them, having Del as pretty much the person who he gave most of his interviews with at some point during that GNR era, even Kurt Loder he was partial to talking to as far as televised interviews.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2007, 10:58:30 AM »

Ever thought maybe they didn't like that experience and have chosen to go about doing things a different way?

Yeah, that coupled with the fact that the guys in the band are all different now, minus Axl & Dizzy of course.

I like when people keep making comments how "they" did it differently in the 80's/90's ?

Well, "they" are a completely different group of guys now.

What did you expect ?

*bba*

Well it is Axl calling the shots...I don't think "They" have anything to do with how the band is run now.? ?It's not a diss to them but they are told what to do as far what they can say and not say and when they can say it.

I mean yeah, I agree with what you are saying here.

People also say how this band jives much better than the old.... ? no

I'm sure alot of that has to do with the fact that the original band voiced there opinions more ?than Axl's new Guns.

I'm sure that today's members input matters to Axl... and that in some circumstances there input may way heavily, but when it comes down to it, Axl's got final say.

*bba*

I agree there too, although more so I think in the creative process, I think they have a tremendous amount of input there.   I do wonder about input when it comes to the band itself and what they do promotionally, tour wise, etc. behind the scenes.  Maybe you're right they do totally voice their opinion and have input but it is Axl's final say.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #464 on: March 11, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »

Axl was never this secretive, silent or vague back in the day, and I think that's what's surprised a lot of original fans. So, I'm not comparing the old guns with the new guns,  just Axl.

And for the record, not updating the fans like he used to is just stupid. Especially seeing how much easier it is now than back then.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1770
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1760
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1744
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1742
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1738
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1736
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1727
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1718
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1707
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1665
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1663
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1655
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1654
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1649
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1636
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1633

Yeah, they don't really update us on what's going on these days.

You guys have no answer to the simple questions asked. You just want updates.

How can you give an update on the release date when there's no final release date?

If Del posts an update on behalf of the band, how is that different from Axl saying the same thing? The news are still there.

Yes. So they should hire someone to handle PR and media communication to prevent this from happening - so that something such as Merck's comments don't get turned into Axl's[/b] comments. Media outlets didn't report it as "MERCK GIVES CD RELEASE DATE." It was Axl all the way, whether he actually said it or not. Because the media know that a band's management speaks for the band itself and they know that Axl sells more rather than citing a manager whose name is only known to the die-hard fans. Having someone to refute these false claims before they begin would solve a lot of problems.

Oh please.

Axl own quote was turned into "Axl promises album by March 6th".

It's what people do.

I'm just offering my opinion that they should hire someone to handle PR and better communicate with fans and - most importantly - media outlets so false stories aren't reported as true.

As I said, the fans are told as soon as possible. When plans are final and there's something to say. It's always been like that.

Look above regarding the media.

Journalists can't read or fact check.

In what way, Jarmo, have any of my posts in this thread have been trolling?

Well it's kinda amusing how three people running the same fan site are in the same thread posting basically the same thing.

I think the band would benefit from improved communication in the digital age. It's not a matter of being rebellious - it's a matter of what would improve their image in the media and with the general public. A few simple alterations and the band could start looking a lot better. As it is, a lot of people view Chinese Democracy as a running gag and I find that unfortunate.

But you fail to see the other side of the coin.

That's what I've been saying all along. You refuse to acknowledge the other possibilities and keep going on and on about more updates.

If everything you say is twisted and misquoted, would you increase the amount of announcements you make? Even thought you had no plans finalized and people would call you a liar because in the end those plans wouldn't happen?

Would you make announcements about nothing important just to make announcements and hype yourself?

What exactly is it that you want to know about the band right now (except how you spell Pitman)? Since the updates we've been given so far isn't enough, there must be something you want to know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

Jarmo, if the PR was really as top-notch as you think, then why have so many GNR fans comes to the same conclusion themselves??

Are they all idiots, or is it the product of a massive statistical anomaly?

You might be happy with Del's table scraps.? Not everyone else is.? ?And remember, your opinions about GNR are shaped by info that the rest of the fans don't get.? Can't you see how that information might affect your opinion of what's going on with the band?? ?beer

Trust me, if Axl would make an effort to convey the same things he's told me, you and a few other people, then they'd have a much higher opinion of him.? He choses to keep that info to himself, and these are the consequences.? It's unfortunate and completely unnecessary.? Axl needs to learn to trust people... starting with his fans.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »

Jarmo, if the PR was really as top-notch as you think, then why have so many GNR fans comes to the same conclusion themselves? 

You might be happy with Del's table scraps.  Not everyone else is.   And remember, your opinions about GNR are shaped by info that the rest of the fans don't get.  Can't you see how that information might affect your opinion of what's going on with the band?   beer

Trust me, if Axl would make an effort to convey the same things he's told me, you and a few other people, then they'd have a much higher opinion of him.  He choses to keep that info to himself, and these are the consequences.  It's unfortunate and completely unnecessary.  Axl needs to learn to trust people... starting with his fans.

Oh yes, here we go again.
Axl could go and say he?s been watching the weather forecast and that they say tomorrow is going to snow,and then tomorrow comes and ther?s no snow and he would be called a liar because "he promised that tomorrow would snow" and it didn?t. Tongue

What makes people think that we have to know it all?. They don?t have to give explanations about what they do or do not do just to make you happy. Everytime we have an update peple start to make their own stories and theories and twist it all.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #467 on: March 11, 2007, 02:13:49 PM »

None of us know why axl is being so vague but lets be realisitic here in his letter he said unless something got in the way March 6th was the target date. or if not as soon after as possible and we would be told what the delay is.

I cant remember exactly what he said "this is not a promise or a lie..."? well it is a lie because the album is going into mixing about now. for march 6th to be met mixing should have been well done. Axl isnt stupid it may me a decade since he made an album but he can remember how long the fucking process takes surely.

Whatever it doesnt please fans to give them blind tentative release dates so dont do it axl until you have a date. I love you and your vision and what iv heard of this project. I just hope the thing that isnt stopping this album is the record label.

Its sad
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #468 on: March 11, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »

Jarmo, if the PR was really as top-notch as you think, then why have so many GNR fans comes to the same conclusion themselves? 

You might be happy with Del's table scraps.  Not everyone else is.   

I know. Many people want more. Not only more, they have specific requirements like what they want and when. Anything else is wrong.

This is the problem. People can't just be happy with what they get.

They get a great show, but that's not enough. It has to start at 9PM sharp, be three hours long with a lot of exciting new songs and be done before 11PM so they can get home early.

You can't please everybody.....

And remember, your opinions about GNR are shaped by info that the rest of the fans don't get.  Can't you see how that information might affect your opinion of what's going on with the band?   beer

What information is that?

The album's being mixed. That's what I heard.

Trust me, if Axl would make an effort to convey the same things he's told me, you and a few other people, then they'd have a much higher opinion of him.  He choses to keep that info to himself, and these are the consequences.  It's unfortunate and completely unnecessary. 

I don't know what you've been told, but the fact that the recording is done and the album is being mixed is good enough for me. It means it's being worked on.

If Axl doesn't want to specify every single reason there's been delays, I can understand why. It all goes back to the liar thing.

You get one explanation that isn't good enough for you, and you call the person a liar.

Axl needs to learn to trust people... starting with his fans.

The same people who call him a liar because a tentative release date didn't happen?

The "objective" people who criticize everything he does?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »

lick lick
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

lick lick

If you have anything to say, say it.

What a fucking fucking spineless comment that was.

/jarmo

tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #471 on: March 11, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »

yeah , offensive... but funny nevertheless  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:43:16 PM by tad82 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #472 on: March 11, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »

The same goes for you. If you have something to say it, say it.

Say what's on your mind.

You got nothing to lose really. You'll be out of here soon anyway with posts like that.

/jarmo

andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #473 on: March 11, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »

Say what's on your mind.

I dont think we are really allowed to Jarmo, so I wont step up to the bate on this occasion. but back on topic, Im going to support this project as long as I can, and think we all should, however I can still be suspicious about Axl's integrity or what is really going on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:00:45 PM by andypa1 » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #474 on: March 11, 2007, 03:00:30 PM »

i guess after awhile it will be on to another date.and people can get over this hurdle they are going through.as for myself i figure axl knows something that we don't allways.and that is how he wants it.and it is what keeps you and all fans coming back.to see if anything changes.sometimes it is in a slump news comes.and then it comes in another slump of no news.easy does it fans ,im sure axl hasn't forgot us that fast.

the one an only horsey !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #475 on: March 11, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »

Say what's on your mind.

I dont think we are really allowed to Jarmo, so I wont step up to the bate on this occasion.

So you want me to ban you for that comment then instead of explaining yourself?

If that's what you want, fair enough.

/jarmo

tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #476 on: March 11, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »

I've already said here what i thought about cd studio version drama.
And my last post meant what it meant - "lick lick" was offensive to you, but funny to me. That's all. Really Wink
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #477 on: March 11, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »

I've already said here what i thought about cd studio version drama.
And my last post meant what it meant - "lick lick" was offensive to you, but funny to me. That's all. Really Wink

im lost, how is lick lick offensive ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #478 on: March 11, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

You might be happy with Del's table scraps.  Not everyone else is.   And remember, your opinions about GNR are shaped by info that the rest of the fans don't get.  Can't you see how that information might affect your opinion of what's going on with the band?   beer

Trust me, if Axl would make an effort to convey the same things he's told me, you and a few other people, then they'd have a much higher opinion of him.  He choses to keep that info to himself, and these are the consequences.  It's unfortunate and completely unnecessary.  Axl needs to learn to trust people... starting with his fans.

Oh yes, here we go again.
Axl could go and say he?s been watching the weather forecast and that they say tomorrow is going to snow,and then tomorrow comes and ther?s no snow and he would be called a liar because "he promised that tomorrow would snow" and it didn?t. Tongue

What makes people think that we have to know it all?. They don?t have to give explanations about what they do or do not do just to make you happy. Everytime we have an update peple start to make their own stories and theories and twist it all.

this must be the worst analogy I have ever heard.
wtf has Axl have to do with weather.
he's working on this album... he should have some reasonable insight into what he's been doing.
he cant be wrong every time he says he's gonna do something, and yet he manages to. statistically it isnt plausible.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #479 on: March 11, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

Say what's on your mind.

I dont think we are really allowed to Jarmo, so I wont step up to the bate on this occasion.

So you want me to ban you for that comment then instead of explaining yourself?

If that's what you want, fair enough.

/jarmo

Jarmo, why do you find it necessary to pick on people? Just let it go and let people express their frustrations and they will stop. You keep giving them incentive to continue the arguements
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: