Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 118542 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »

As I've said, every time Axl has said something, his words have been twisted by various people.

Not only certain fans but also people in the media.

It doesn't seem to matter what he says or does, he's always getting that treatment.

We get the important updates. The recording is done and the album is being mixed. That's important.

What song is being mixed tomorrow and what's happening next week isn't that important to know.

Still, maybe you don't remember how much news and updates we used to get in the 80s/90s about the recording and the band's activities.

Try to understand that GN'R never was about what you think they should do.

So basically you're now complaining about the timing of the update. Before it was about how there's too little info and now that there was an update, it's the wrong time, the wrong place, from the wrong person, the wrong content etc etc.

If Axl gave us a new tentative release date every other week, how long before somebody says "enough already! I want to know the final release date. I wish Axl would shut up until then!"

We have people saying stuff like "I wish he hadn't said anyting about the release date in his letter".

People will never be happy.

You can't please everybody. Just do what you think is right and do your best. That's my motto.

It seems that we all care about the album more than he (Axl) does....

Please.  Roll Eyes

I find it kinda amusing to see three people from the Pitman fan site trolling this thread with basically the same complaints.

This is starting to become boring repeating the same posts for you guys.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2007, 04:49:04 PM »

too much hysteria going on about cd, or to be precise, about the lack of studio version of it, nowdays. IMO, that's not reasonable at all, because last year was great even without cd - just think a little bit - we've got a bunch of new songs, full tour and what's most important, axl got his voice back! delay of cd is just minor detail, imo, at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:07:57 PM by tad82 » Logged
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

too much hysteria going on about cd, or to be precise, about the lack of studio version of it, nowdays. IMO, that's not reasonable at, because last year was great even without cd - just think a little bit - we've got a bunch of new songs, full tour and what's most important, axl got his voice back! delay of cd is just minor detail, imo, at the moment.

TAD92

great post... fully agree..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »

There are just a lot of immature fans on this board now to be honest. 

But this would not be a GNR fan site if it were any other way.  The members here are a reflection of the band.  Dysfunctional being the biggest similarity.  That being said, it was the band it self that makes things here so crazy.  Jarmo, thanks for trying to keep order.  At the end of the day, all these updates, or lack there of, are pointless because their is still no album, just another mini tour.  But cut some people here some slack, if CD were release in 2002, we would be long over due of that follow up.  The word Patience left my mind a long time ago.  I am just in a Coma till CD comes out.  Somebody wake me up when that day comes. 

Thanks.

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »

As I've said, every time Axl has said something, his words have been twisted by various people.

It doesn't seem to matter what he says or does, he's always getting that treatment.

We get the important updates. The recording is done and the album is being mixed. That's important.

What song is being mixed tomorrow and what's happening next week isn't that important to know.

Still, maybe you don't remember how much news and updates we used to get in the 80s/90s about the recording and the band's activities.

So basically you're now complaining about the timing of the update. Before it was about how there's too little info and now that there was an update, it's the wrong time, the wrong place, from the wrong person, the wrong content etc etc.

If Axl gave us a new tentative release date every other week, how long before somebody says "enough already! I want to know the final release date. I wish Axl would shut up until then!"

jarmo,
 ? I agree with almost everything you say, even most of this post. But everyone (including you, twist what is said. Its all in the interpretation. Lets look at this quote "we had to cancel some of the tour dates so we can finish the album" To almost all other bands, this means FINISH! Not turn in the songs, than give people 1000000000 excuses why it is taking so long to mix, then mast, then agree on art work, than lawyers, than blah blah blah. The album is not finished, until i can buy it at best buy. Axl said himself, finish. And I know what one of your arguments will be to this. "source?" "how do i know it wont be?" I dont, and I hope I am wrong. But if they start touring (for the 3rd time) with nothing new to promote, what else can people think? You cant compare this to the stones, or the crue. Ya, they tour with nothing new. But they are not new, This is a new version of gnr, most fans want to accept this as the band, but all we see is new guys covering old tunes. If this was the old band, than most of this shit would not be posted, the right people would be playing their own music. People always scream on these boards to get out of the past, this is the new band. But yet, we keep making excuses for this band for doing nothing new. ?We got some great new songs, they have the talent, just finish the process.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »

Great post Freddie.

The excuses for Axl are beyond ridiculous.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #446 on: March 10, 2007, 06:33:29 PM »

Lets look at this quote "we had to cancel some of the tour dates so we can finish the album" To almost all other bands, this means FINISH! Not turn in the songs, than give people 1000000000 excuses why it is taking so long to mix, then mast, then agree on art work, than lawyers, than blah blah blah. The album is not finished, until i can buy it at best buy. Axl said himself, finish.

Axl and the band have finished their parts.

It was done in January. The same month those dates were supposed to happen.

Why wasn't the album finished in November or December? Maybe you can find the answer by looking at the 2006 tour dates.

Maybe it's just me, but it makes sense.

By your logic bands that finish albums really don't finish them until months later when we can buy the actual cd. That's just wrong in mu opinion.

Have you ever heard of how record companies can delay releases and it's got nothing to do with the band? It has happened. But you'd blame the band for not finishing it..... Or maybe your rule only applies to a certain band who's name starts with a G.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »

Lets look at this quote "we had to cancel some of the tour dates so we can finish the album" To almost all other bands, this means FINISH! Not turn in the songs, than give people 1000000000 excuses why it is taking so long to mix, then mast, then agree on art work, than lawyers, than blah blah blah. The album is not finished, until i can buy it at best buy. Axl said himself, finish.

Why wasn't the album finished in November or December? Maybe you can find the answer by looking at the 2006 tour dates.

By your logic bands that finish albums really don't finish them until months later when we can buy the actual cd. That's just wrong in mu opinion.

Have you ever heard of how record companies can delay releases and it's got nothing to do with the band? It has happened. But you'd blame the band for not finishing it..... Or maybe your rule only applies to a certain band who's name starts with a G.

/jarmo

Com'on people, give jarmo a freaking break. I think he is right on this, what matters is that the recording is done. Finally! After all these years... why cant people be cool with that?
This is the year we will see CD on store for sure... and I also think that the company will release it when the y think they can make the investment more profitable, its a record for us, (an important one) but its a bussiness for the company so lots of decisions must be taken into consideration from a bussiness point of view. That's the info we don't have and that is what is driving people mad, but maybe even fricking Axl himself does not know when CD is going to be released. ok, I know he gave tentative release date and he failed, but at least one thing was true, I mean, he did his part.

The rest of the process maybe is not ONLY in his hands but also in the hands of some people from the industry. Yeah is a Guns n roses album, but the money put trough all this years to make this record posible comes froma a company that thinks that this is not the moment for YOU to know when the record will be availabe. But I think this time, for the first time in soooo many fkn' years, SOON is the word, in the meantime there are thousands of movies, records and books to enjoy until CD comes out.  ok
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2007, 07:35:36 PM »

/jarmo

I dont blame no one. And no, I dont consider it finished until it is done. Until then, it is just a cd full of music for no one to hear but the band. If Axl has truly done his part, than good, stay away from the next process and dont hold it up. I have no idea why it was not done in Nov or Dec, but then again I have no idea why it was not finished in 2001?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #449 on: March 10, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »

I dont blame no one.

I blame double negatives.

ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #450 on: March 10, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »

We have people saying stuff like "I wish he hadn't said anyting about the release date in his letter".

People will never be happy.

You can't please everybody. Just do what you think is right and do your best. That's my motto.

It seems that we all care about the album more than he (Axl) does....

Please.  Roll Eyes

I find it kinda amusing to see three people from the Pitman fan site trolling this thread with basically the same complaints.

This is starting to become boring repeating the same posts for you guys.

/jarmo

Hey man, I'm still thrilled about those Hammerstein presales from 2006.... come on guys, have some fucking perspective
EstrangedReality
« Reply #451 on: March 10, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »

Yes. So they should hire someone to handle PR and media communication to prevent this from happening - so that something such as Merck's comments don't get turned into Axl's[/b] comments. Media outlets didn't report it as "MERCK GIVES CD RELEASE DATE." It was Axl all the way, whether he actually said it or not. Because the media know that a band's management speaks for the band itself and they know that Axl sells more rather than citing a manager whose name is only known to the die-hard fans. Having someone to refute these false claims before they begin would solve a lot of problems.

Someone should have immediately clarified the situation through the official GN'R site so that it wouldn't be distorted by the press and turned into a big issue. Axl even mentioned it as one of the big issues that caused him to fire Merck, so despite what you may say or think, it was a very big issue pertaining to the band and its relations.

I never said that we should know every detail. In fact, I even pointed out in my first reply that I was saying the exact opposite of this.

So basically you're now complaining about the timing of the update.

Maybe you were responding to Jackamo, but I wasn't discussing the time range of the update. I'm just offering my opinion that they should hire someone to handle PR and better communicate with fans and - most importantly - media outlets so false stories aren't reported as true.

I find it kinda amusing to see three people from the Pitman fan site trolling

Trolling?

In what way, Jarmo, have any of my posts in this thread have been trolling?

I've been offering my opinion in an intelligent, respectful manner. Just because you disagree with me doesn't make you "right" and I don't think my opinion is right either. It's the beauty of discussion and free speech and I wish you wouldn't try to discredit my opinion by discarding it as that of a "Pitman fansite troll."

I found this thread while perusing the main forum and I don't agree with everything the other fellas from the site are saying.

I respect you a lot, Jarmo, and I'm trying to have a civilized discussion about a controversial aspect of the band, but I feel like you're trying to undermine me every time by falling back on either taking something I said out of context or lumping me together with a group of people.

I think the band would benefit from improved communication in the digital age. It's not a matter of being rebellious - it's a matter of what would improve their image in the media and with the general public. A few simple alterations and the band could start looking a lot better. As it is, a lot of people view Chinese Democracy as a running gag and I find that unfortunate.

As I've said before, I firmly believe this is the year the album will be out. You have tried to imply that I'm bashing the band and criticizing updates pertaining to the album, but I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to get across here.

It's just my $.02. Before you get bent out of shape about differing perceptions, remember what a great man once said:

"Opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one." - Dirty Harry

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:31:48 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #452 on: March 10, 2007, 11:41:42 PM »

I respect you a lot, Jarmo, and I'm trying to have a civilized discussion about a controversial aspect of the band, but I feel like you're trying to undermine me every time by falling back on either taking something I said out of context or lumping me together with a group of people.

I think the band would benefit from improved communication in the digital age. It's not a matter of being rebellious - it's a matter of what would improve their image in the media and with the general public. A few simple alterations and the band could start looking a lot better. As it is, a lot of people view Chinese Democracy as a running gag and I find that unfortunate.

Yeah.  What he said.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »

i think you misunderstood again.

my original post had nothing to to with axlgurl, nada, nothing at all.

i just looked at evryone complaining and mad a social observation
yes, but we were defending GN'R, thats why we answered.  Roll Eyes

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #454 on: March 11, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »

Correct me if I?m wrong but this has always been this way,even in the UYI days. Gnr have never been this kind of bands that give updates very frequently. Some years ago, internet was not so handy as it is today, and the updates were done through MTV or something like that.And they only gave updates when they had something important to say and people were not complaining all the time like you do right now.

All this bashing is useless, you are not going to get CD sooner just because you complain more. Also, if I was Axl I would tell even less,because no matter what he does or says it all is twisted,overanalyzed and taken out of its context. You are never happy unless you have something to bitch and moan. Roll Eyes

completely agree with that.? ? I wouldn't be saying much either if the majority of my hardcore fanbase treated me like I owed them something jus cuz they liked my music.

Actually it wasn't this way.? I have some DVD's with old MTV interviews and they talk alot about UYI's and it wasn't out yet.? Not to mention how many songs they played of UYI when the tour started, the majority of the concert was all UYI songs, Axl even comments at one of the shows, I believe it was the infamous St. Louis show how many times NR had been bootlegged.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:57:18 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #455 on: March 11, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »

Ever thought maybe they didn't like that experience and have chosen to go about doing things a different way?
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #456 on: March 11, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »

Ever thought maybe they didn't like that experience and have chosen to go about doing things a different way?

Yeah, that coupled with the fact that the guys in the band are all different now, minus Axl & Dizzy of course.

I like when people keep making comments how "they" did it differently in the 80's/90's ?

Well, "they" are a completely different group of guys now.

What did you expect ?

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #457 on: March 11, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »

Yeah, that coupled with the fact that the guys in the band are all different now, minus Axl & Dizzy of course.

I like when people keep making comments how "they" did it differently in the 80's/90's ?

What did you expect ?

*bba*
Grin
Well said. The new guys who play now for Axl weren't even GNR fans when the UYI's got released and Axl's state of mind is very different nowadays, obviously.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #458 on: March 11, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »

What did you expect ?

*bba*

Well it is Axl calling the shots...I don't think "They" have anything to do with how the band is run now.   It's not a diss to them but they are told what to do as far what they can say and not say and when they can say it.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #459 on: March 11, 2007, 10:44:16 AM »

What did you expect ?

*bba*

Well it is Axl calling the shots...I don't think "They" have anything to do with how the band is run now.   It's not a diss to them but they are told what to do as far what they can say and not say and when they can say it.

the roster of this band is completley different then the afd , or uyi days , how anybody can compare these guys with what the old roster did things are went through , is mind boggling
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: