Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:02:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  An Open Letter to the Fans From A Fan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Open Letter to the Fans From A Fan  (Read 5232 times)
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« on: March 07, 2007, 01:39:38 AM »

I am relatively new to the boards and admit that I don't follow the "day to day" news when it comes to GNR... but I will say that I bought Appetite within 3 months of it's release (I was 8 years old at the time) and have been a fan ever since.? I have a semi-large collection of bootlegs, have been a HUGE fan since my youth, and have waited as many of you have for the release of Chinese Democracy.? Many people on this and other boards have voiced their frustration with the delay of Chinese Democracy and rightfully so.? Although... I find it amusing when people who have followed GNR since "2002" say that they are tired of waiting for the new album.? I, like many other older fans, have been waiting 15 years for the release of new material (And the Spaghetti Incedent doesn't count).? Guns N Roses made music relavant to me.? I now work in radio and may not have a career in the industry if it weren't for Appetite.? I was an impressionable youth and they made one HELL of an impression on me.? For people who have known about the band for a couple of years to say that they are frustrated with waiting makes me laugh.? You may hear bootlegs and think they are cool, but I, and many others were there.? We grew up with this band and there is nothing more awesome (yes, my grammer is terrible lol) than the memories that GNR gave us when we were growing up.? Axl can take as long as he wants to release this album.? He is the reason why we are all here... waiting.? He is my generations Mick Jagger... and I don't think anyone would complain if Mick took this long to release an album (Sticky Fingers is my #2 album after Appetite).? Give the man a break.? He has lived a life that we can only imagine and if it takes him 25 years to get it all down on paper (and into mp3 form... lol) we will all be fortunate to hear it.? Axl is a musical visionary and creating a vision takes time.? I for one cannot wait to hear what he has in store for us.? Remember the first time you heard Mr. Brownstone (I'll wait while you recall it...) How about the first time you heard Sweet Child (I'll wait as you recall it...)? or Bad Obsession (Again...) The man is a musical icon.? I for one don't care how long it takes.? I will be there when it is released and I will be there when he plays in my town (Miami, Florida)? I for one don't fault Axl or anyone in GNR for anything.? If Chinese Democracy never gets released.. I couldn't care less.? GNR and Axl have given me, and the rest of you, plenty of long lasting music.? Hell, most of us already have all the music that is going to be on Chinese Democracy anyway.? There's no reason to complain.? Axl is a visionary.? Shit, I would rather hear the early Rose recordings than the new GNR stuff.? 100 years from now people will still be listening to Appetite, not Chinese Democracy so who cares how long it takes!

Just an opinion.

- Will
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:15:05 AM »

I agree that the album is overdue, but who is to say that Axl is screwing us?? Nobody!? He is the reason we are all on this board and he can take as long as he wants to release his album.  I have an opinion and everyone else's opinion is just as valid.  Just making mine known.  If yours is different... let me know.  This could turn into a good thread!

- Will
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:23:45 AM by qcmyoungwill » Logged
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:40 AM »

You read it though..right?? LOL!? I am just letting my opinion be known.? Whether you think I am right or wrong, it is an opinion and that's what this board is all about... right?  If your opinion differs... I'm cool with that... just state it!

- Will
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:36:20 AM by qcmyoungwill » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:09 AM »

You read it though..right?  LOL!

Unfortunately it appears that you have tapped into a group of people who are unwilling to read more than a few sentences at a time. Perhaps breaking the paragraph into several smaller paragraphs will encourage activity.
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:19:44 AM »

I couldn't agree more.  Hell, I'd love to have the album tomorrow.  But if I have to wait, I can deal with that.  There's no reason to get stressed.  Like you said, at least we got the leaks.   Cool

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:22:24 AM »

I think people are more frustrated with the rumors and the false starts than anything else.

If Axl had announced he was retired or never uttered the phrase Chinese Democracy, I would've been happy and content the rest of my life.

Thing is, Axl has a vision, A vision that he believed in so much he was willing to let the original bandmembers quit over it.

So with all that has happened, Axl owes it to not only the fans but himself to prove that the vision he possesses has been worth losing the original band over and worth all these years of waiting.

I'll always love original GNR but ?its time for this new band to put up or shut up. essentially this new band are a brand new band getting ready to release their very first album.

So I wanna see what they got.

No more living off past GNR glories on tour. Its time to release the album, people want the naysayers to shut up, Axl has the ability to do it very easily:

Release the Album! ok
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:24:22 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
xChaosx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 03:34:26 AM »

Wow. A lot of things you said I completely agree with. I'm only thirteen, so I guess a lot of you have been waiting for this album since before I was even born, and I can understand the frustration, but I think we should be grateful for all the GN'R music we already have while we're waiting for CD. This part took the words right out of my mouth:

Axl can take as long as he wants to release this album.  He is the reason why we are all here... waiting.  He is my generations Mick Jagger... and I don't think anyone would complain if Mick took this long to release an album (Sticky Fingers is my #2 album after Appetite). Give the man a break.  He has lived a life that we can only imagine and if it takes him 25 years to get it all down on paper (and into mp3 form... lol) we will all be fortunate to hear it.  Axl is a musical visionary and creating a vision takes time.  I for one cannot wait to hear what he has in store for us.  Remember the first time you heard Mr. Brownstone (I'll wait while you recall it...) How about the first time you heard Sweet Child (I'll wait as you recall it...)  or Bad Obsession (Again...) The man is a musical icon.  I for one don't care how long it takes.  I will be there when it is released and I will be there when he plays in my town (Miami, Florida)  I for one don't fault Axl or anyone in GNR for anything.

Thank you, Will.  Cool

This space is intentionally left blank.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 04:15:54 AM »

Wow. A lot of things you said I completely agree with. I'm only thirteen, so I guess a lot of you have been waiting for this album since before I was even born, and I can understand the frustration, but I think we should be grateful for all the GN'R music we already have while we're waiting for CD. This part took the words right out of my mouth:

Axl can take as long as he wants to release this album.? He is the reason why we are all here... waiting.? He is my generations Mick Jagger... and I don't think anyone would complain if Mick took this long to release an album (Sticky Fingers is my #2 album after Appetite). Give the man a break.? He has lived a life that we can only imagine and if it takes him 25 years to get it all down on paper (and into mp3 form... lol) we will all be fortunate to hear it.? Axl is a musical visionary and creating a vision takes time.? I for one cannot wait to hear what he has in store for us.? Remember the first time you heard Mr. Brownstone (I'll wait while you recall it...) How about the first time you heard Sweet Child (I'll wait as you recall it...)? or Bad Obsession (Again...) The man is a musical icon.? I for one don't care how long it takes.? I will be there when it is released and I will be there when he plays in my town (Miami, Florida)? I for one don't fault Axl or anyone in GNR for anything.

Thank you, Will.? Cool

It didn't take Mick 10 years to make Sticky Fingers either.

You want to know what makes us upset? It has been mentioned by many bandmembers incuding Axl that the album was right around the corner over the last ten years and we've got nothing but silence from GNR when that time comes and goes. In ten years we have gotten only one, I repeat one official update on the album. So it kind of comes off bad when Tommy says his parts are finished and Dizzy says it'll come out in the spring, and Axl says he's going to announce a release date in the next couple months, and we get nothing. It pisses people off.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
xChaosx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 04:22:21 AM »

^ Yeah, but there's nothing we can do about that except wait. I mean, you have a right to be pissed, but by now it just seems like wasted energy. It's completely out of our hands.

Just a little patience...

EDIT: Just a little more patience...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:25:49 AM by xChaosx » Logged

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 04:28:07 AM »

Thank you for saying I have the right to be pissed? hihi

It's not wasted energy at all. What's wasted energy is defending GNR. Trust me, I have and I've looked like an idiot for it. You have to understand though, the past ten years have been tough for a GNR fan. Its not like we've waited just to wait. Many times it has been eluded to that the album was coming out soon, and this was by members of GNR including Axl, so it felt we had a certain time to wait to....... Then that time came and went without a word. There's no defending that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:34:32 AM by misterID » Logged

xChaosx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 04:36:56 AM »

Thank you for saying I have the right to be pissed  hihi

It's not wasted energy at all. What's wasted energy is defending GNR. Trust me, I have and I've looked like an idiot for it. You have to understand though, the past ten years has been tough for a GNR fan. Its not like we've waited just to wait. Many times it has benn eluded to that the album was coming out soon, and this was by members of GNR including Axl, so it felt we had a certain time to wait to....... Then that time came and went without a word. There's no defending that.

Call me hopelessly optimistic but I think that one day you'll be proud you've defended GN'R for so long. I know it's not right to give (sort-of) false hope, which is kinda (really) like what has happened. I'll say it again, you have every right to be pissed.

All I'm gonna say is that we now know for sure that the mixing process is under way, and I'm sure we'll have an update soon (ish).

And with that I bow out of this conversation, time to catch some zzz's.
It's been a pleasure...lol

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 04:45:38 AM »

Thank you for saying I have the right to be pissed? hihi

It's not wasted energy at all. What's wasted energy is defending GNR. Trust me, I have and I've looked like an idiot for it. You have to understand though, the past ten years has been tough for a GNR fan. Its not like we've waited just to wait. Many times it has benn eluded to that the album was coming out soon, and this was by members of GNR including Axl, so it felt we had a certain time to wait to....... Then that time came and went without a word. There's no defending that.

Call me hopelessly optimistic but I think that one day you'll be proud you've defended GN'R for so long. I know it's not right to give (sort-of) false hope, which is kinda (really) like what has happened. I'll say it again, you have every right to be pissed.

All I'm gonna say is that we now know for sure that the mixing process is under way, and I'm sure we'll have an update soon (ish).

And with that I bow out of this conversation, time to catch some zzz's.
It's been a pleasure...lol

All right, you're hopelessly optimistic hihi

You actually have a really good disposition. That's kind of refreshing around here.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 08:29:15 AM »

personally i think axls scared of releasing it now, the expectations of the fans are so high, he might have gone insane over trying to perfect it, and is finding he cant perfect it...

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »

All I read in this section is "Open Letters" and the meaning of "tentative"!   confused
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »

Why is this still here but the open letter to Axl from the fans is gone?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
bobjowl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »

Nice letter Del James...........er.....i mean qcmyoungwill
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:18:58 AM »

Its in the Jarmo's Important topic (above) Grin
CD its mean alots to me. for years Im tryin' to sing like Axl. All my Band Member left me because I'm too fanatic with Axl/GN'R. because I didn't wanna sing other song except GN'R song. many people disses us,and laughting at me. They say GN'R is Out of Date. and its time for us to move on.
When CD is coming out. that is the time for me to sing the new Song in front of people with Pride.
sorry my english is bad.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »

Its in the Jarmo's Important topic (above) Grin
CD its mean alots to me. for years Im tryin' to sing like Axl. All my Band Member left me because I'm too fanatic with Axl/GN'R. because I didn't wanna sing other song except GN'R song. many people disses us,and laughting at me. They say GN'R is Out of Date. and its time for us to move on.
When CD is coming out. that is the time for me to sing the new Song in front of people with Pride.
sorry my english is bad.

Dude, you are not Axl.

And I highly doubt that you are able to sing like Axl.   no

If your band left you b-cos you were too much of an Axl fanatic, you probably are then.

Sounds like some issues.    ok

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »

I think people are more frustrated with the rumors and the false starts than anything else.

If Axl had announced he was retired or never uttered the phrase Chinese Democracy, I would've been happy and content the rest of my life.

Thing is, Axl has a vision, A vision that he believed in so much he was willing to let the original bandmembers quit over it.

So with all that has happened, Axl owes it to not only the fans but himself to prove that the vision he possesses has been worth losing the original band over and worth all these years of waiting.

I'll always love original GNR but ?its time for this new band to put up or shut up. essentially this new band are a brand new band getting ready to release their very first album.

So I wanna see what they got.

No more living off past GNR glories on tour. Its time to release the album, people want the naysayers to shut up, Axl has the ability to do it very easily:

Release the Album! ok

Couldn't have said it better, myself!? Sure, he can take forever, if he wants.? But, it's true....it's all the false starts and empty promises, for 15 yrs now.? It's an embarrassment to the name Guns n' Roses.? ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:00:21 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: