Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 12:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Chinese Democracy be the fastest selling album ever?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Chinese Democracy be the fastest selling album ever?  (Read 12674 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »

Will Chinese Democracy be the fastest selling album ever?

That depends on:
How big is the Gn'R user base?
All bands have a following and while each following thinks their band is the best, the rest of the world couldn't give two fucks.
Outside the Gn'R circle of fans, who else knows about Chinese Democracy? at-a-guess: Few

'IF' Chinese Democracy contains many fab radio friendly songs, then the album maywell be the next big thing. But with songs like IRS (which is a US thing) and Better with it's 'creepy baby' (Rolling Stone) intro, there's not much pointing to radio friendly'ness. And there are those that will always view bands such as Gn'R as 'cock rock' Grin

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:32:45 PM by redx » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2007, 12:28:23 PM »

all my friends know about it yes Tongue

thats because i tell them and they already knew who G'n'R was so they picked up on it i gave them all a link to TWAT and Better and they all liked it alot ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »

I'm surprised so many of you are dissing the enormous selling potential here. Not only do you have millions of die-hard fans across the world, you've got the " tweeners " , you've got many people in the music industry who are well-aware of this album, you've got a lot of people who just go and buy new albums in stores just for the hell of it.

If promoted correctly, it will sell ridiculously.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »

I'm surprised so many of you are dissing the enormous selling potential here. Not only do you have millions of die-hard fans across the world, you've got the " tweeners " , you've got many people in the music industry who are well-aware of this album, you've got a lot of people who just go and buy new albums in stores just for the hell of it.

The buzz is actually real small. When GN'R played the Versace thing, there was barely any mention of them in articles covering the event. Millions of die-hards is an overestimate, because there's probably only like 20,000 GN'R forum members worldwide and that's gotta be over half the diehards. Curiosity won't carry this album, it'll need big singles and it's going to have real thick competition this year with how many big names are putting out records. And nothing GN'R has done in a decade had been "promoted corectly". Anyone thinking CD is going to sell 10mil is off their rocker.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
VIP

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »

I'm surprised so many of you are dissing the enormous selling potential here.

We are just being positive  Tongue

Myself suspects it will be only GnR fans who buy/download it.
So it wont be any commercial sucess.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

I don't see no reason Chinese Democracy won't sell good. Look at GNR greatest hits- already sold 7 million worldwide and that is songs from 15 years ago still going strong. I do not see it being too hard for C.D. to sell 20 million eventually maybe more!

Reasons-alot of casual listeners and young new fans will buy it!
Metal heads will check it out
Some housewifes will because Axl will put that ''one'' poppy catchy song on it
Buisness men and exectutives will buy it
College kids!
All of us true fans

The album will eventually be over the top! And I think it will start strong.
If greatest hits already slold 7 mil. Chinese Democracy is gonna triple that!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2007, 02:08:14 PM »

songs need to be good for people to buy 20 millions...

if it was that simple as you suggest than Axl would have released it 10 years ago.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2007, 02:16:10 PM »

Tweeners wont go for it , to them its a has been rockers attempt at being famous again, Die Hard fans? Not enough to get the selling to soar...

Greatest hits theory? haah Songs from 15 years ago ,exactly people buy that because they want to hear the classic GNR they want to hear the rock n roll tunes. Not an aged man's version of a band that once ruled the world. Housewifes rarely buy cd's , for one song especially lol. In the age of downloading , axl may very well be screwed he should have released before all this craze. Im not going to lie Im going to download it , Axl does not deserve any of my money at this point if his work is good then I might catch a gig.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »

no, probably not even the fastest selling album of the year
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »

I don't see no reason Chinese Democracy won't sell good. Look at GNR greatest hits- already sold 7 million worldwide and that is songs from 15 years ago still going strong. I do not see it being too hard for C.D. to sell 20 million eventually maybe more!

20 mil?? It's not gonna shift that many!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: