Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  production quality on appetite
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: production quality on appetite  (Read 14020 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: March 19, 2007, 07:54:17 PM »

has anyone noticed, if you listen with head phones on the amount of little things ore you hear that are really cool. but in speakers they arnt really easy to hear.

Is this production problems or bad sound set up?

html sucks
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »

Production problems. I've recently come across a remastered version of Appetite (fan made)... and you can hear all those things even through the speakers.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:58:38 PM »

I think with headphones you can pick things out better because all of your attention and hearing is focused on the music. If your listening to it on your stereo you probably have other things going on and all of your attention isn't on the music.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »

As great as Appetite sounds...I would give anything to hear a remixed and remastered version today. Even the 'Sweet Child' snipit from Big Daddy sounds amazing. Would also love to hear the once rumored 'new' version of the album recorded with the new members.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

the 'Sweet Child' snipit from Big Daddy sounds amazing

?

That sounded like shit and wasn't from Appetite. It was Axl singing in the late 1990s over live and/or studio versions of the song done by the original band. Then the pitch was increased to hide the fact that Axl sounded like garbage.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:25:04 PM by DunkinDave » Logged
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »

are you kidding? Appetite sounds amazing even to this day. Let's not forget that this is a 20 year old record and it still stands up to anything released since! Things have come a long way in 20 years but a great record is still all about vibe, feel, emotion....20 years of pro tools doesn't add that to any recording. For my money Abbey Road is one of the best sounding albums ever made and it's almost 30 years old.

It's raw and still as electrifying as when I first heard it in 1987.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »

?

That sounded like shit and wasn't from Appetite. It was Axl singing in the late 1990s over live and/or studio versions of the song done by the original band. Then the pitch was increased to hide the fact that Axl sounded like garbage.

The first half was live (Paris '92 I think?) but the second half was all new. Finck plays the solo.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »

are you kidding? Appetite sounds amazing even to this day. Let's not forget that this is a 20 year old record and it still stands up to anything released since! Things have come a long way in 20 years but a great record is still all about vibe, feel, emotion....20 years of pro tools doesn't add that to any recording. For my money Abbey Road is one of the best sounding albums ever made and it's almost 30 years old.

It's raw and still as electrifying as when I first heard it in 1987.

Abbey Road is almost 40 years old is what you meant to say I think.  Wink Grin

EFISH, I'm interested in hearing the fan remastered AFD. Could you hook me up? Thanks.  beer
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:53:42 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:49:16 PM »

it rules just the way it is... i don't think it should be messed with... any imperfections give it a edge.    UI 1 and 2 could be stripped down to AFD productions quality though
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »

Headphones and Speakers are two different listening experiences.  ok
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »

Headphones and Speakers are two different listening experiences. ok

I know what you mean. I particulary like listening to PC with headphones. You hear so much more of that song.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »

Not really Appetite but the "Better" demo intro sounds completely different with headphones..
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »

Not really Appetite but the "Better" demo intro sounds completely different with headphones..

Exactly. That's why I think the new "Better" leak is mostly just a remix with the left channel cranked where you can hear all the crappy sound effects in the background even without headphones.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

?

The first half was live (Paris '92 I think?) but the second half was all new. Finck plays the solo.

ok Exactely...that's why I said 'snipit'...as in the last part of the song. I like it very much. I wouldn't trade it for the original, but I like to give it a listen every now and then.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 10:20:53 PM »

What I listen when i put head phones is the Izzy's marvellous work with the rithym guitars.

You really know who's Maradona!
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »

Appetite is TIMELESS! it just is! I was jaming it yesterday and it brought me right back to the first time I heard it in 87 that is the magic of that album it never dies at all! I listen to it frequently and it alwasy sounds rocking. I would like to see one thing though. When Chinese Democracy comes out hopefully the media won't always compare it to Appetite, it seems they won't let GNR move on past that, fans also. Enjoy what we get there will never be another Appetite but Illusions were just as good if not ''Better'' in spots agree?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 10:50:53 PM »

?

Like Janabis said.. The first part was paris '92... No rerecording there...
The last part was new members w/ Axl at that present time singing
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »

Ok.  I'm sure this has been brought up already.  I will be amazed if it hasn't.  In fact, I didn't want to start a new topic on it.  So, since we're talking about AFD, I started to wonder something and I looked it up on Wikipedia.  Release date: 8/21/87.  That got me thinking...could CD be released around the time of the anniversary of AFD?  So...I looked at a calender for this year.

August 21, 2007...Tuesday.

Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »

Ok.? I'm sure this has been brought up already.? I will be amazed if it hasn't.? In fact, I didn't want to start a new topic on it.? So, since we're talking about AFD, I started to wonder something and I looked it up on Wikipedia.? Release date: 8/21/87.? That got me thinking...could CD be released around the time of the anniversary of AFD?? So...I looked at a calender for this year.

August 21, 2007...Tuesday.

Please tell me I'm not crazy.

You're not crazy... It was released 7/21/1987.. My b-day  ok
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:07 PM »

You're not crazy... It was released 7/21/1987.. My b-day 

Really?  Because wikipedia says August.  And there's never anything wrong on wikipedia.

Can anyone for sure tell us what the actual date for sure was for the release of AFD?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: