Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228054 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What happened to Paul Tobias?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to Paul Tobias?  (Read 29944 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2007, 10:17:13 PM »

Paul Tobias is Guns N' Roses.

I agree Paul Tobias IS Guns N' Roses!

God I would love to see Paul onstage with Axl again...

This is why we need the HOB 2001 DVD, Axl and Paul together on stage for the first time, I would do anything to see that...

hmmm. yeah.

you see, the thing is, is that i was taking the piss.

I laughed so hard at this whole exhchange...  rofl

Who knows if he's still involved. Probably not much, it's been a long time and there's a lot of talented guys besides him who have a much bigger place in the GNR family (bandmembers, izzy, drummers who might still be bandmembers... maybe baz...)
I don't even know how involved he was to begin with.. did he ever write anything?
hogg2500x
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2007, 10:39:43 PM »

This is why we need the HOB 2001 DVD, Axl and Paul together on stage for the first time, I would do anything to see that...

hmmm. yeah.

I laughed so hard at this whole exhchange...? rofl

Who knows if he's still involved. Probably not much, it's been a long time and there's a lot of talented guys besides him who have a much bigger place in the GNR family (bandmembers, izzy, drummers who might still be bandmembers... maybe baz...)
I don't even know how involved he was to begin with.. did he ever write anything?

"He co-wrote "Back Off Bitch", "Shadow Of Your Love", "Oh My God", and "IRS". He also played rhythm and lead guitar on the band's cover version of "Sympathy for the Devil"."

And I assume he wrote songs that will be on Chinese Democracy...
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »

why did he leave guns n' roses ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
hogg2500x
Headliner

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »

why did he leave guns n' roses ?

"Paul helped us a lot in the writing and the recording of this record and to me was a vital part of not only the band but also my life. The world tour really wasn't his cup of tea whereas he's much more comfortable in a studio setting."

He really wasn't for touring but, noone ever said that he is out of the band. I would like to assume he still is a studio member, I hope.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2007, 12:43:31 AM »

''Whitout Paul,will not be more GUNS N ROSES'' - AXL ROSE Rio III

THANKS PAULLLLLLLLLL   beer

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2007, 03:23:20 AM »

hmmm. yeah.

I laughed so hard at this whole exhchange...? rofl

"He co-wrote "Back Off Bitch", "Shadow Of Your Love", "Oh My God", and "IRS". He also played rhythm and lead guitar on the band's cover version of "Sympathy for the Devil"."

And I assume he wrote songs that will be on Chinese Democracy...

Yes, I forgot about OMG and BOB, but now i'm curious, how do we know who wrote on IRS?
badapple81
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2007, 06:00:08 AM »

I would imagine he is still an important support for Axl even now. Not sure about actual writing etc. tho.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »

Thank you Paul for all your work, you are the best!

Why are you thanking him when you dont know what he did or what he contributed? He could have been the reason Axl was uncomfortable touring in 2002 (as he mentioned he was on the Eddie Trunk show) and it could have cost us 4 years of a delay because of his depature. Unless you like 'Back Off Bitch' and 'Shadow of Your Love' and the Rhythmn Guitar Section on 'Sympathy for the Devil' which is apparently both the reason Slash and Matt Sorum left the band then you really shouldnt be praising a man who as far as I can see may have delayed the GNR Project almost 4 years and gotten rid of a great Guitarist and Drummer (oh and got Gilby Clarke kicked out of the band, who I actually liked)

He could still be a member, his writing could still be used on the album, we dont know. My personal opinion is he still has a behind the scenes role in GNR much like Del James but personally speaking I dont think you're right to congragulate him because he's actually done very little and caused a lot of damage

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »

paul tobias....can suck my dick........a true gunner doesn`t care about him.......
hogg2500x
Headliner

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2007, 11:11:51 AM »

paul tobias....can suck my dick........a true gunner doesn`t care about him.......

Oh I guess I'm not a "true gunner" then

damn...  Cry
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »

He's a studio member, if going by Axl and that Mank Rage dude's word.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »

I'm not a big fan...BUT...

What Axl said at RIR3...something along the lines of..."Without Paul, there would be no Guns N' Roses"
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2007, 02:14:36 PM »

"paul tobias....can suck my dick........a true gunner doesn`t care about him......."
....you are a f*$#@ng moron,
   I assume you are all big Axl fans ....if that is the case then you should thank Paul ....He helped Axl through a rough time, not contribute to one ...as far as songwriting credit goes, you will have to wait till you get the CD to know for sure....If you love the CD and Pauls name is all over it, then you bashers should come back on here and admit your (stupidity) lack of knowledge
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »

So that means he was fucking fired?!? Axl said he quit because he hated touring!!!

Somebodies fucking lying!!!!!!? rant

Someone is always fuckin lying when it comes to this band

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2007, 05:30:45 PM »

Why are you thanking him when you dont know what he did or what he contributed? He could have been the reason Axl was uncomfortable touring in 2002 (as he mentioned he was on the Eddie Trunk show) and it could have cost us 4 years of a delay because of his depature. Unless you like 'Back Off Bitch' and 'Shadow of Your Love' and the Rhythmn Guitar Section on 'Sympathy for the Devil' which is apparently both the reason Slash and Matt Sorum left the band then you really shouldnt be praising a man who as far as I can see may have delayed the GNR Project almost 4 years and gotten rid of a great Guitarist and Drummer (oh and got Gilby Clarke kicked out of the band, who I actually liked)

He could still be a member, his writing could still be used on the album, we dont know. My personal opinion is he still has a behind the scenes role in GNR much like Del James but personally speaking I dont think you're right to congragulate him because he's actually done very little and caused a lot of damage

actually if its really true that Paul is the reason Slash left, then I fucking love the guy.    Now we have Robin Finck in Slash's place and Robin is much much much much much much much very much better suited for this band and a better live performer.    So if what you say is true, GnR kicks ass because of Paul.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2007, 05:34:11 PM »

actually if its really true that Paul is the reason Slash left, then I fucking love the guy. Now we have Robin Finck in Slash's place and Robin is much much much much much much much very much better suited for this band and a better live performer. So if what you say is true, GnR kicks ass because of Paul.

Jim Bob you've got problems!  I don't mind Robin Finck and accept the fact that he is now the Guitarist for GNR, but if it was somehow possible, any person worth a shit would want Slash back!
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »

actually if its really true that Paul is the reason Slash left, then I fucking love the guy. Now we have Robin Finck in Slash's place and Robin is much much much much much much much very much better suited for this band and a better live performer. So if what you say is true, GnR kicks ass because of Paul.

Jim Bob you've got problems!? I don't mind Robin Finck and accept the fact that he is now the Guitarist for GNR, but if it was somehow possible, any person worth a shit would want Slash back!

Robin will be all over CD and I can't wait to hear it... I'd take Robin over Slash any day.
I love Slash for what he done in GnR past.. but that's where Slash is in GnR. Slash has no place in this band and Robin owns

I don't really know the deal with paul but axl said with out him there would be no more GnR.. so rock on paul! peace
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:15:39 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »

Jim Bob you've got problems!  I don't mind Robin Finck and accept the fact that he is now the Guitarist for GNR, but if it was somehow possible, any person worth a shit would want Slash back!

so you measure a person's worth by them wanting Slash bck in the band? Shocked

sorry to burst your bubble, but many of us are genuinely happy that Robin is in the band and wouldn't trade him for ANYBODY.  Not even your precious Slash.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2007, 10:12:51 PM »

actually if its really true that Paul is the reason Slash left, then I fucking love the guy.? ? Now we have Robin Finck in Slash's place and Robin is much much much much much much much very much better suited for this band and a better live performer.? ? So if what you say is true, GnR kicks ass because of Paul.

you're an idiot
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2007, 11:24:30 PM »

you're an idiot

thanks.  big surprise coming from someone who hates the band yet still comes here everyday.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: