Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: GN'R management posting polls? Official forum coming?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: GN'R management posting polls? Official forum coming?  (Read 15171 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

It's faker than
SOON    SOON     SOON     SOON    SOON    SOON    SOON    SOON    SOON    SOON

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

This is not from GN'R.

/jarmo

I don't understand this.  You said earlier in this thread you do not tolerate any threads or posts that claim something is officially stated by GNR unless they have some real proof.

Yet, you simply state "this is not from GN'R" and we are suppose to believe you?  What proof do you have?  If you contacted the band, or whoever is "official" that you contact, can't we see some sort of image or transcription of the messages exchanged?  I don't understand how you can say something without any proof or evidence and people are just suppose to automatically believe just because you run a fan message board....no cut down, just pointing it out.

Also, I'm not saying I believe this dork who is posting theses polls on mygnr.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2007, 06:11:46 PM »

How about common sense? It appears some people here need a detailed explanation about common friggin sense.  Roll Eyes It was obviously bullshit to begin with.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »

This is not from GN'R.

/jarmo

I don't understand this.  You said earlier in this thread you do not tolerate any threads or posts that claim something is officially stated by GNR unless they have some real proof.

Yet, you simply state "this is not from GN'R" and we are suppose to believe you?  What proof do you have?  If you contacted the band, or whoever is "official" that you contact, can't we see some sort of image or transcription of the messages exchanged?  I don't understand how you can say something without any proof or evidence and people are just suppose to automatically believe just because you run a fan message board....no cut down, just pointing it out.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=93022&view=findpost&p=1683098

Proof enough?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »

^^^^

You two above me are idiots.  You missed my ENTIRE point.  I said I DID NOT believe this poll guy on mygnr.

My whole point was that Jarmo says not to provide information without proof.  Yet in the same thread he goes right on ahead and says it is not true (which is obviously correct) w/out giving a link or anything.  It's called hypocrisy.  It's also called an education...something you two need to get.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2007, 06:16:40 PM »

This is not from GN'R.

/jarmo

I don't claim something unless I have seen proof myself.

I also don't post images of e-mails, because there's really no need for that. If you don't believe what I say, that's your problem.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2007, 06:18:54 PM »

It's about trust baby.

Personally I trust Jarmo on issues like these. He's right, don't need proof.

And man, If I had seen those "poll questions" off the bat I would have immediately known it was a fake. Each and everyone of them smelled BS.

gnrevolution.com
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2007, 06:39:48 PM »

This is not from GN'R.

/jarmo

I don't understand this.? You said earlier in this thread you do not tolerate any threads or posts that claim something is officially stated by GNR unless they have some real proof.

Yet, you simply state "this is not from GN'R" and we are suppose to believe you?? What proof do you have?? If you contacted the band, or whoever is "official" that you contact, can't we see some sort of image or transcription of the messages exchanged?? I don't understand how you can say something without any proof or evidence and people are just suppose to automatically believe just because you run a fan message board....no cut down, just pointing it out.

I also don't post images of e-mails, because there's really no need for that. If you don't believe what I say, that's your problem.

/jarmo

Keep your chin up, kid.  Don't take no shit off nobody.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »

This is not from GN'R.

/jarmo

I don't understand this.? You said earlier in this thread you do not tolerate any threads or posts that claim something is officially stated by GNR unless they have some real proof.

Yet, you simply state "this is not from GN'R" and we are suppose to believe you?? What proof do you have?? If you contacted the band, or whoever is "official" that you contact, can't we see some sort of image or transcription of the messages exchanged?? I don't understand how you can say something without any proof or evidence and people are just suppose to automatically believe just because you run a fan message board....no cut down, just pointing it out.

/jarmo

As much as you frustrate the shit out of me sometimes, I believe you.?

But really - I don't understand how anyone could possibly have needed proof on  the issue anyway.     It's a bit like asking for proof that Axl is not a girl.   Or doesn't have three eyes.   It's pretty fucking obvious. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2007, 06:42:47 PM »

^^^^

You two above me are idiots.

First off, I say have fun with -2 karma

And second of all, DID YOU CLICK THE LINK??

Madison [MYGNR's admin] said this;
I still haven't received a response from this person.

But when I cross-checked his IP, it matches that of a regular member. rolleyes.gif
So, unless this regular member - "War Of The Roses" - suddenly got a new job with GNR's management, it's a hoax.

Feel free to flame away.

I'm deleting his threads from the main GNR discussion section.
His poll threads can stay there though because they're legitimate questions.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »

^^^^

You two above me are idiots.

First off, I say have fun with -2 karma

And second of all, DID YOU CLICK THE LINK??

Madison [MYGNR's admin] said this;
I still haven't received a response from this person.

But when I cross-checked his IP, it matches that of a regular member. rolleyes.gif
So, unless this regular member - "War Of The Roses" - suddenly got a new job with GNR's management, it's a hoax.

Feel free to flame away.

I'm deleting his threads from the main GNR discussion section.
His poll threads can stay there though because they're legitimate questions.

His point is that he'd like (as a general statement) some proof of what Jarmo said.   It's a general issue, not related explicitly and exclusively to this incident. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2007, 06:56:51 PM »

Once again to those of you who don't get it: I don't post things as facts unless I have some proof.

I have no interest in posting shit and lies only to make a name for myself.

If you have issues with the fact that I made sure the posters here knew this story was bullshit, then that really is your fucking problem.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nyd
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »

/jarmo

Ummm is that a dig at me for starting the thread? Didn't mean to cause such an uproar, I believed it was real, simply because the username Guns N' Roses had been reserved for a number of years. Also, given that the threads at MYGNR were not being deleted I assumed the Mods had been told not to delete them. My bad.

Anyone care to take a guess at how much the imposter will be sued for? It will no doubt be taken just as seriously as the LatigoHammers incident.

beer
SLCPUNK
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2007, 11:31:01 PM »

Anyone care to take a guess at how much the imposter will be sued for?

I doubt they will ask for money, they just want to shut him/her/it down, and shut them up, as they should.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »

/jarmo

Ummm is that a dig at me for starting the thread? Didn't mean to cause such an uproar, I believed it was real, simply because the username Guns N' Roses had been reserved for a number of years. Also, given that the threads at MYGNR were not being deleted I assumed the Mods had been told not to delete them. My bad.

Anyone care to take a guess at how much the imposter will be sued for? It will no doubt be taken just as seriously as the LatigoHammers incident.

beer

I doubt Jarmo meant you. He's simply saying that his "Not From GNR" post wasn't made so people would think he's cool, he made it so us (the gnr fans) wouldn't be duped by some crap running at mygnrforum

I think the poster chineseblues said it best on the first page of the thread when he called Bullshit for the simple fact that it was at MyGNR

What I want to know is, if this username was supposedly "held", than doesn't that mean the admins of MyGNR had to know the whole time what was going on? I'm guessing the username was never held at all, or possibly they forgot to "re-hold" it after the Boon Brothers incident last year. Either way, it's a shame this had to happen. Just proves once and again though, if it's not from htgth, don't hold your breath!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2007, 11:58:16 PM »

I got a response from Ron about this, he says he hasn't heard anything about it.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2007, 03:52:49 AM »

Erm... it looks legit..... the only reason we think its fake is cos us gnr fans have been beat down so many times in the past we struggle to trust anyone!!!

then you obviously havn't been a gnr fan for very long.

Erm Ive been listening to their stuff for 12 years, but Id say Ive only been a full on hardcore fan for 9 years.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2007, 07:13:09 AM »

/jarmo

Ummm is that a dig at me for starting the thread?

No, I meant there are people out there who are interested in being "X, the poster with the inside info on Y.com" or "X, the funny guy at Z.com".

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: