Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70325 times)
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »

I really, really hope Tommy's hand recovers for the South African dates.
They really deserve to see GN'R.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »

Your response makes no sense Jarmo. I bought a ticket because I wanted to hear more new songs. Since "Chinese Democracy" was supposed to come out I thought that I would get to hear more new songs. If they were honest and said that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out I would have known that there was no chance of hearing more new songs and wouldn't have wasted my money. Don't you get that I would have never spent money seeing the band again if they hadn't lied about releasing Chinese Democracy? I understand that you don't want to bite the hand that feeds so I'll just shut up now.

They never lied you fucking retard.

Go join a Velvet Revolver forum.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »

^ This is really "Hammer Time"  hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »

it's one thing to carry an extra drummer when the other one is expecting a child--thats something you know about long in advance and can do something about, as they did last year.
Well, and even for that they were too stupid to get it right!

I mean, nobody (well, not all) is really complaining about the postponement, if the bassist really is injured! But the problem is, it's too convenient for the bassist to injure himself right before the tour starts, after they already cancelled a series of concerts to "get the CD" done! And given the bands history one might think that they try to avoid cancelling/postponing even more concerts, if they can help it!

what do you call playing over 80 shows around the world last year ?
Hmm, funding the recording of an album which is 13 years overdue??

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »

Your response makes no sense Jarmo. I bought a ticket because I wanted to hear more new songs. Since "Chinese Democracy" was supposed to come out I thought that I would get to hear more new songs. If they were honest and said that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out I would have known that there was no chance of hearing more new songs and wouldn't have wasted my money. Don't you get that I would have never spent money seeing the band again if they hadn't lied about releasing Chinese Democracy? I understand that you don't want to bite the hand that feeds so I'll just shut up now.

Well, yeah, march 6 was tentative, but come on.

Open your eyes people, and start having actual opinions instead of nodding constantly.

I suppose telling "THIS IS THE YEAR" 2 times and yet, not releasing the album doesn't count as a "lie", it's a sentence which was later proven false, but not a "lie".

I don't say he owes us anything, but still, this is getting ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:45:18 PM by Kov » Logged

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »

To those of you who say they shouldn't tour anymore before CD is out because you have already seen them, could you be anymore selfish?

I haven't seen them since 02. Haven't seen Better live, haven't seen Down on the Farm live, haven't seen IRS live, haven't seen TWAT live. Haven't seen Ron live. So, no, I don't think I'm being selfish.

Do you not agree that more fans can be had if a CD is available for people to purchase after people hear the new songs live?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2007, 03:12:18 PM »

I suppose telling "THIS IS THE YEAR" 2 times and yet, not releasing the album doesn't count as a "lie", it's a sentence which was later proven false, but not a "lie".

Of course not.  That wasn't 'false' when it was said. he meant it but couldn't make it, that's all.
You don't call it a lie but maybe a case of honest mistake.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »

Roll Eyes

Or maybe being happy enough to tour as a band and give the fans something to see?

I'm sure the Greatest Hits is more than making up for the costs of Chinese Democracy.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #368 on: April 12, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »

Roll Eyes

Or maybe being happy enough to tour as a band and give the fans something to see?

I'm sure the Greatest Hits is more than making up for the costs of Chinese Democracy.

And you think anything that's been made of the greatest hits went towards funding cd?...
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: April 12, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »

I was referring to Merck's comment about the album coming out on one of the remaining 13 Tuesdays of 2006. Axl's tentative release date that wasn't a promise, a lie, or a guarantee meant nothing to me. I expect nothing at this point. I believe the fans deserve better than albumless tours but I don't expect anything more at this point. If all you care about is hearing the old material live than indeed go check out a show and have a good time. As someone who is a music fan I would like to see what the band can do on record and will be boycotting this band live until they release a record. Have a nice day!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

then leave the band and the fans that want to see the band live with and without a new album alone.
a gnr fan that really loves music would want to experience their show before the album as well as after.
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »

then leave the band and the fans that want to see the band live with and without a new album alone.
. a gnr fan that really loves music would want to experience their show before the album as well as after

What if you already experienced a show before the album in 2002? You just might have a different viewpoint like myself and others. I'm done debating now. Get well soon Tommy and hopefully you'll be kicking ass soon live, and on Vinyl!!
« Reply #372 on: April 12, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »

you'll be kicking ass soon live, and on Vinyl!!
Ooh, vinyl! I hope they bring the album out on wax cylinder too, in mono!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2007, 06:22:17 PM »

After getting over my initial "you've gotta be kidding me!" reaction, I just want to wish Tommy a quick recovery.  Looking forward to seeing the next US leg of the tour!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #374 on: April 12, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »

After getting over my initial "you've gotta be kidding me!" reaction, I just want to wish Tommy a quick recovery.? Looking forward to seeing the next US leg of the tour!

I felt the same way for a while too. Now I'm in the same state of mind. Hey Tommy: Get that hand better, play those dates and schedule some on my soil!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »

Stinson could take advice from luke skywalker and get a cybernetic hand so they can play those dates. just an idea.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:41 PM »

Tommy you fuckin rocked in N.B ? get well soon!!!

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »

Stinson could take advice from luke skywalker and get a cybernetic hand so they can play those dates. just an idea.

Never thought of that. Good idea.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »

this does suck really bad and im so fucking pissed that tommy got hurt. The band has bad luck and is always getting bashed, ( i admit i do it too sometimes). I hope tommy get better soon not 13yrs soon more like a few weeks soon.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »

this does suck really bad and im so fucking pissed that tommy got hurt. The band has bad luck and is always getting bashed, ( i admit i do it too sometimes). I hope tommy get better soon not 13yrs soon more like a few weeks soon.

well, if they are still set to play the african shows, a few weeks sounds like what it will be.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: