Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228013 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70156 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »

this does suck really bad and im so fucking pissed that tommy got hurt. The band has bad luck and is always getting bashed, ( i admit i do it too sometimes). I hope tommy get better soon not 13yrs soon more like a few weeks soon.

well, if they are still set to play the african shows, a few weeks sounds like what it will be.

with possiable ligament damage ? But hey he didnt see doctor until the next morning,
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2007, 10:08:14 PM »

First Show of World Tour Is:

April, 27th In South Africa With Evanescence & hootsbank

Golden Class * SOLD OUT "

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2007, 12:40:52 PM »

Stinson could take advice from luke skywalker and get a cybernetic hand so they can play those dates. just an idea.

And Buckethead's playing was called "robotic" by some people!  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »

Stinson could take advice from luke skywalker and get a cybernetic hand so they can play those dates. just an idea.

And Buckethead's playing was called "robotic" by some people!  hihi

That one gets a gold star for the day! Ha
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »

In any case, quick recovery tommy. we all look forward to seeing you full of pep.
thenextslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »

get better. This isnt all bad it will give them a lot more time to finish the mixing for the album                                                                                                                                                                                                                               peace
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »

get better. This isnt all bad it will give them a lot more time to finish the mixing for the album? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?peace

I think that is why this has happened, but is only my opinion.  Smiley
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

get better. This isnt all bad it will give them a lot more time to finish the mixing for the album peace

lord, that HAS to be done by now..
get better Tommy!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »

FUCK

i had plan my trip to japan and all, booked a hotel, ordered 5 prostitutes and the biggest sushi platter ... i mean COME ON ! they can't cancel on me like that !!!!

i'm canceling my other trip to Cape Town....

rant

hahahaha, classic rofl

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »

Don't know if this has been said before, as I didn't go through the entire thread... BUT in my humble pie opinion, it should be unneccessary for a band of GNR's size and stature to postpone a tour because of Tommy's injury.

No disrespect to Tommy, but the only one in this band, actually in most bands,that cannot be replaced is the lead singer. There are of course exceptions to this, such as Slash (signature sound, value for money on his own), Steve Harris and Lars Ulrich (band "leaders", to a certain degree) and Lemmy (plays the bass in addition to singing) to name a few. Some may even argue that e.g. Robin Finck should be mentioned here, although I don't - yet. However, these are exceptions.

By replaced I mean until-fit-again replaced, not necessarily as a full band member.

We are already blessed with two drummers. That's perfect! If Brain decides to go have another baby or whatever, or Frank falls down the stairs by accident, the other one can be called in on short notice to fill in.

Every position in the band should be covered. Think sports teams. Big squads, players ready to fill in in case of injuries.

GNR is, as far as I know, not short of money. The band should be able to hire quality musicians as "substitutes", pay them respectable wages and let them step in for Tommy, Richard or who it may be, for shorter periods when the touring takes its toll. That way, the band can tour forever or as much as Axl wants/is able to do voice-wise.

I wonder why this has not been done by any major bands before, at least I haven't heard of it. Postponing because of one band member's injury really should be a thing of the past for big-name, resourceful bands.

I am sure there are plenty of sufficiently talented musicians that would like to get paid a fair wage just for sitting at home, waiting for the phone call. They can even do shit with their regular bands as long as they are ready to do the job for GNR in emergency situations.

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

Umm...no    Simply because this is a "band" and as such is a tight-nit group.  No one should (or could) replace Tommy as he is the musical director of the band.  Cancellations for these reasons happen more than you think. 

See Tool and their recent tour postponments if you have any doubts.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »

Don't know if this has been said before, as I didn't go through the entire thread... BUT in my humble pie opinion, it should be unneccessary for a band of GNR's size and stature to postpone a tour because of Tommy's injury.

No disrespect to Tommy, but the only one in this band, actually in most bands,that cannot be replaced is the lead singer. There are of course exceptions to this, such as Slash (signature sound, value for money on his own), Steve Harris and Lars Ulrich (band "leaders", to a certain degree) and Lemmy (plays the bass in addition to singing) to name a few. Some may even argue that e.g. Robin Finck should be mentioned here, although I don't - yet. However, these are exceptions.

By replaced I mean until-fit-again replaced, not necessarily as a full band member.

We are already blessed with two drummers. That's perfect! If Brain decides to go have another baby or whatever, or Frank falls down the stairs by accident, the other one can be called in on short notice to fill in.

Every position in the band should be covered. Think sports teams. Big squads, players ready to fill in in case of injuries.

GNR is, as far as I know, not short of money. The band should be able to hire quality musicians as "substitutes", pay them respectable wages and let them step in for Tommy, Richard or who it may be, for shorter periods when the touring takes its toll. That way, the band can tour forever or as much as Axl wants/is able to do voice-wise.

I wonder why this has not been done by any major bands before, at least I haven't heard of it. Postponing because of one band member's injury really should be a thing of the past for big-name, resourceful bands.

I am sure there are plenty of sufficiently talented musicians that would like to get paid a fair wage just for sitting at home, waiting for the phone call. They can even do shit with their regular bands as long as they are ready to do the job for GNR in emergency situations.

Yeah, its been done in the past.. but we know nothing about the band current situation.. maybe they had some more important thing to do on this tour.. where all the members had to be there.. Filming? Promotion.. etc..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »

Yeah, maybe they were going to shoot a video.? Right... a video for the first single from their soon-to-be-released album of original songs.? ?Grin

If that's what you want, then there are a million other bands out there you could get into.?

I personally like the idea of a band that doesn't release music.? It adds to their mystique.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »

Yeah, maybe they were going to shoot a video.  Right... a video for the first single from their soon-to-be-released album of original songs.   Grin

If that's what you want, then there are a million other bands out there you could get into. 

I personally like the idea of a band that doesn't release music.  It adds to their mystique.

a 'band' that does not release 'music'. You like this concept Huh

maybe you'd like:
'directors' that direct 'films' but never release them.
'inventors' that invent, tell you all about them, and never show you or anyone else their inventions  hihi

kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2007, 02:16:23 PM »

Umm...no? ? Simply because this is a "band" and as such is a tight-nit group.? No one should (or could) replace Tommy as he is the musical director of the band.? Cancellations for these reasons happen more than you think.?

My point exactly, these things happen a lot. That's why something must be done!

If the band chemistry is what worries you, a possible solution is to let these "replacements" become close-to-full status band members. If they are paid millions of dollars they should practice for hours and hours every day anyway and they would come to know each other perfectly well, personally and musically.

We have heard the story of Matt Sorum, when he played and was so ill he had to throw up several times on stage. That would not be an issue with a replacement drummer, and the performance would not suffer.

Besides, say that Axl is capavble of doing more shows than he is doing now (hypothetically). But he is hindered because one band member's wrist can't take the strain of playing as often as desirable. Bring in a replacements and the fans get more shows.

I understand your skepticism but this can be done if all band members have a professional attitude and can tolerate to miss a gig now and then, and the fans will be
happier, I hope.

If Nytunz is right, that they had more important things to do, fair enough, but beside the point. They wouldn't fake an injury to do that. Or so I think, at least  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »

Yeah, maybe they were going to shoot a video.  Right... a video for the first single from their soon-to-be-released album of original songs.   Grin

If that's what you want, then there are a million other bands out there you could get into. 

I personally like the idea of a band that doesn't release music.  It adds to their mystique.

a 'band' that does not release 'music'. You like this concept Huh

You like the concept of a poster who does not post?

You sure as hell seem interested in it judging by the crap you've been posting lately in this section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »

First Show of World Tour Is:

April, 27th In South Africa With Evanescence & hootsbank

Golden Class * SOLD OUT "

HBK *

you need to stop posting this shit man....its really getting annoying now....not just on this forum...but everywhere else.....especially when "Golden Class" as you refer to it....is for the "richer" fans....and only holds a small amount of people.....1000 at most....

so its not as much of a good news item as you make it out to be...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »

Umm...no? ? Simply because this is a "band" and as such is a tight-nit group.? No one should (or could) replace Tommy as he is the musical director of the band.? Cancellations for these reasons happen more than you think.?

lol.. i really understand why Tool postphoned some shows.. because there is no drummer out there which can play like Danny Carey..  Wink

Anyway.. im really sure Tommy wants to be a part of this historical tour.. and i think its fair for gnr to postphone.. its not like they are canceling the shows..
only postpone the tour for like two weeks... Nothing more!

This seams like a tight band.. and im sure they all want to be together in this next epoke of GnR history..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »

lol.. i really understand why Tool postphoned some shows.. because there is no drummer out there which can play like Danny Carey..? Wink

Danny Carey is collaborating with Chris Pitman on a new album.  They're using only musical technology that existed before 1960!!!

Sounds like it could be really cool.   beer

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »

lol.. i really understand why Tool postphoned some shows.. because there is no drummer out there which can play like Danny Carey..? Wink

Danny Carey is collaborating with Chris Pitman on a new album.? They're using only musical technology that existed before 1960!!!

Sounds like it could be really cool.? ?beer

This is a joke?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: